Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Get the !@#$ out then Colin you pos.....you always respect your country's anthem no matter what your view points....

A country that has provided him millions of dollars to sling a football in which he basically sucks at

Get the !@#$ out then Colin you pos.....you always respect your country's anthem no matter what your view points....

Expressing his POV is what we call freedom in this great country. If you want him to adhere to only expressions of love, then maybe you should try out North Korea to see how you like it there.

The whole national anthem/flag/military honor guard/military jet flyover thing that is now associated with sports in this country is flat out bizarre and really has nothing to do with watching sports.

Some of it is flat out paid for by the military as a marketing ploy.

Get rid of all of it.

Expressing his POV is what we call freedom in this great country. If you want him to adhere to only expressions of love, then maybe you should try out North Korea to see how you like it there.

You can express your views In other ways...I'm all about expressing views..I don't care.....disrespecting your country is not cool.

You can express your views In other ways...I'm all about expressing views..I don't care.....disrespecting your country is not cool.

I understand & appreciate your POV, but he has the right to his as well.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Don't worry about it. Him not standing up for the national anthem to make a point about black people is about as useful jerking off to fight world hunger.

I'm Muslim and i don't worship any idols let alone fight for them (a flag) and must say that we get harassed just as much if not more than "black people" as he says but i still get up and take off my hat for the national anthem just to be respectful.

I mean i don't sing along and all that stuff but still. The only line that i really like is in the pledge of allegiance. "One nation under God".

The whole national anthem/flag/military honor guard/military jet flyover thing that is now associated with sports in this country is flat out bizarre and really has nothing to do with watching sports.

Get rid of all of it.

I've never really understood it either.

The part I appreciate is the games where they honor a veteran, that's a cool tradition thanking someone specifically for what they've done.

But I don't really get the national anthem.

I understand & appreciate your POV, but he has the right to his as well.

There's the viewpoint it's disrespectful to what a lot of people hold dear in this country - he has a right to say I don't care, I'm not standing to stand up for this - others have a right to say well then I don't think you deserve this country - he has a right to live here

I'm Muslim and i don't worship any idols let alone fight for them (a flag) and must say that we get harassed just as much if not more than "black people" as he says but i still get up and take off my hat for the national anthem just to be respectful.

I mean i don't sing along and all that stuff but still. The only line that i really like is in the pledge of allegiance. "One nation under God".

Big picture vs. little picture, eh?

I've never really understood it either.

The part I appreciate is the games where they honor a veteran, that's a cool tradition thanking someone specifically for what they've done.

But I don't really get the national anthem.

Can only guess it was something that they started during war time that stuck or another league was doing it also so they figured "what the heck!"

Edited by The Wiz

I don't agree with saying or doing this, but it's his opinion and right to do so. It's probably going to end up being counterproductive as it hardens views on all sides and prevents people from finding real solutions. But that's probably less important to him than feeling like a revolutionary.

Big picture vs. little picture, eh?

Something like that. I think Kolin just had an emotional night (probably watched something on Fusion channel) and thought to himself, i gotta do something.

I wonder if he would do the same in Germany as a Jew during Hitler times. He knows he can get away with being disrespectful to the country he lives in that's why he's "taking a stand" (or non stand i guess)

Oh and black people that i know would call Kolin very light skinned.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

He has right to free speech and expression within reason "the whole yell fire in a theater", but I also have the right to think he is a POS. That's my right. No country is perfect, but if you hate it so much then live in Canada or Europe in the off season. If I didn't like my job, I'd quit and find work I enjoyed and fulfilled. If I hated living somewhere I'd move. Why place yourself in a place you despise?

I do think it is disrespectful not to at least have the decency to stand during the anthem. If you don't wish to sing, place your hand over your heart, that's fine, but to not even stand up is again in my opinion in poor taste.

Get rid of all of it.

Absolutely correct. Completely agree.

A country that has provided him millions of dollars to sling a football in which he basically sucks at

We should all do , think and say the same thing. Do what our leaders tell us and not question anything. Maybe we could wear brown uniforms with swastika armbands too!

Get rid of all of it.

This is true, but it's fun to watch and this is entertainment after all. What do a bunch of women on the sidelines jumping around and shaking their breasts have to do with sports? Same thing.

This is true, but it's fun to watch and this is entertainment after all. What do a bunch of women on the sidelines jumping around and shaking their breasts have to do with sports? Same thing.

Bring the Jills BACK! Even though they're some of the ugliest cheerleaders I've ever seen, i wanna see some titties dammit.

Maybe to him this is about a bit more than just money.

he has the right to act as he chooses, that is what is great about our country (ironically). he also has the right to be booed by his fans (if they choose) or to be criticized by people who think his stance is misguided.

maybe a tour of syria might give him some perspective.

Stuff like this always reminds me of one of my high school teachers, granted I'm sure he was a little racist.

Black student: How come black people only get one month for black history month.

Teacher: *looks my way* When's Polish history month?

Me: *shrugs*

Teacher: *looks at another student* When's Irish history month?

other student: *shrugs*

Teacher: *looks back at black student* Be happy you got one.

Stuff like this always reminds me of one of my high school teachers, granted I'm sure he was a little racist.

Black student: How come black people only get one month for black history month.

Teacher: *looks my way* When's Polish history month?

Me: *shrugs*

Teacher: *looks at another student* When's Irish history month?

other student: *shrugs*

Teacher: *looks back at black student* Be happy you got one.

maybe more than a little racist.

he has the right to act as he chooses, that is what is great about our country (ironically). he also has the right to be booed by his fans (if they choose) or to be criticized by people who think his stance is misguided.

maybe a tour of syria might give him some perspective.

so we are better than Syria ? Setting the bar pretty high, aren't we?

Get rid of all of it.

Nothing wrong with showing respect for the country that allowed everyone to assemble in freedom and relative safety. After all, where do americans assemble in such masses?

I agree about canning the jet flyovers though.