Kaepernick and the National Anthem

All of you are just jealous that you can't do what I can.

Especially the clown that pretends to be Crayonz. I've got more people going right now that you've had in 3 damn years. Face it: I am better at your end of this board than you are. What have you done in the last 6 months that even merits notice? Dude, enough already. You're like a Canadian that is only funny in Canada. (See, right there I just did your job better than you have in a year. Give it up.)

On the + side, I see some of you have carried the PPP banner quite nicely: Jauronimo, Boyst, and especially Greggy in both the thread and the shout.

The rest of you: I have opened the door. WTF is wrong with you? This your free shot to use your PPP powers, take free runs at you know who, and blame it all on me. It's like I always say: DC_Tom is great in 5 of the 7 levels of intelligence, but a complete retard in the other 2.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

thanks to NG for moving this where it belongs and allowing all of us who were given warnings not to discuss politics in TSW despite so many special snowflakes being allowed to continue.

sadly, there are many we will miss. sadly, too many didn't get a warning and got ousted. sadly, some got nothing despite actually going against TOS and name calling ,etc.

ridiculous that this post was in TSW so long.

bs, he threatened action if people continued to post in this thread. why do you think so many people stopped posting? ryan, firechan, myself...

and name calling did not stop after that.

there is only one admin or mod on when this got moved. it was NG, clearly. who doesn't tolerate the same way others do.

Don't really know what you're talking about, and if you think I watch threads to see who is in and who is out, you would be wrong...........But, it appears you are a fan of overofficious jerks, so I guess that's cool.

I told you eight years ago be prepared for eight years of the black guy and eight years of Hillary and you, as usual spewed nonsense, but that of course is going to happen. Poor OC. Always wrong.

OC is second only to Donald Trump in the self be-clowning department.

Dude, you are here, and not by choice.

That's basically my whole point.

And, remember, if you will, I agreed with you that it was possible, and if you really remember, I actually had high hopes for the black man for about 3 weeks. But, I also made a prediction: 8 years of the bad black man could also lose you both houses of Congress, and, permanently bury your progressive agenda.

How are we doing on those scores?

Now, you are happy that Hillary is coming? :lol: I'll never understand why. I would understand if Bernie was coming. Do you REALLY believe she is gonna let Obamacare, or any of the last 8 years of failure, hang around her neck if she wins? The black man had to have a 2nd term, for the same reason the woman does now.

:wacko: Obamcare is the first kill of a Clinton presidency. Now, how about you write that one down, and remember it, for 8 years from now.

EDIT: And Kelly, I almost forgot. How many Virtue Points do you get for "morally" defending the # of black people, or just Americans in general, that are on food stamps today, compared to 8 years ago? Keep telling us you represent morality, with underemployment #s we haven't seen since the Great Depression.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Funny that #VeteransForKapernick is now trending on social media as all these verterans are sticking up for him. Pretty powerful, especially with all the non veterans sceraming about how disrespectful it is to veterans. Some of them came out and said they fight to defend our rights, not a song. Another vet said that his dad served 2 tours in Vietnam and couldnt even rent a house near the his home base here because he was black. Many telling people to stop speaking for them, they support Kap and serve to protect his very right to protest in the manner he did.

I will never understand the anger this has caused. A man used an opportunity to make a personal statement about things he doesnt agree with going on in this country currently and in our past, and in doing so has caused the whole country, and world for that matter, to take notice and diligently discuss the matter at hand. Kap has done a brilliant job getting conversations going around the things that are bothering him and so many other americans in this country. The simple gesture has brought world wide attention, so much so that veterans still serving over seas have been jumping in the discussion, and in support of him. Big Kudos to Kap for having the courage to do what he felt was right and for accomplishing what so many others have failed to do. There have been major rallies and events that didnt get this country talking about the social injustice towards African Americans than his simple gesture did. Everything he did is what makes this country so great...

thanks to NG for moving this where it belongs and allowing all of us who were given warnings not to discuss politics in TSW despite so many special snowflakes being allowed to continue.

sadly, there are many we will miss. sadly, too many didn't get a warning and got ousted. sadly, some got nothing despite actually going against TOS and name calling ,etc.

ridiculous that this post was in TSW so long.

bs, he threatened action if people continued to post in this thread. why do you think so many people stopped posting? ryan, firechan, myself...

and name calling did not stop after that.

there is only one admin or mod on when this got moved. it was NG, clearly. who doesn't tolerate the same way others do.

I avoided this thread because I knew how it would go...my mistake...my promise to you and others is I won't make that mistake again.

yeah no ****. :doh:

I don't always agree with OC, but he has a valid point.

One side of the issue is given certain tolerance and freedom to make their argument where the same standard of tolerance has not been extended to the other side.

One of the underlying issues of this entire thread and debate is political freedom and freedom of expression. That's the irony lost on many.

I don't always agree with OC, but he has a valid point.

One side of the issue is given certain tolerance and freedom to make their argument where the same standard of tolerance has not been extended to the other side.

One of the underlying issues of this entire thread and debate is political freedom and freedom of expression. That's the irony lost on many.

I take full responsibility for not moving this thread immediately knowing the way it would go, I avoided it because of it's nature and that was my mistake. I apologize to the community and will attempt to "make things right".

I take full responsibility for not moving this thread immediately knowing the way it would go, I avoided it because of it's nature and that was my mistake. I apologize to the community and will attempt to "make things right".

Thank you for having the integrity to be as fair and honest as possible. It is a difficult position to be in and I can respect that.

Rumor mill: Kaepernick to the Vikes?

Can Minnesotans stand that?

Colin Kaepernick’s timing

My view of the Colin Kaepernick caper is straightforward. If Kaepernick truly holds America in contempt for its alleged “oppress[ion] [of] black people and people of color,” then it makes sense for him to refuse to stand for the National Anthem, and obviously he has that right.

Equally, it makes sense for people who don’t hold America in contempt to criticize Kaepernick for his expression of contempt and for people who love America to criticize him harshly. We have that right.

I find the football side of the caper more interesting than the political side. Kaepernick was once a good NFL quarterback, but lately he hasn’t been. His passer rating reached a high of 98.3 in 2012 (quite good) and was 91.6 the next year (good). (Note: this rating is not a scale of 1-100.)

{snip}

The 49ers are rebuilding, though. They’re not likely to have much success this year if Kaepernick is pressed into service at quarterback, though no one can say this for sure. On balance, risking an injury to the guy doesn’t seem worth the marginal value of keeping him as a backup unless the team holds him higher regard than it appears to.

Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the National Anthem might add a new wrinkle to this saga. Some have speculated that if the 49ers cut him now, they will face a backlash for alleged political retaliation. It will be said in some quarters that the Niners are disrespecting the Black Lives Matter movement and, by extension, black lives.

I have no idea whether the team is susceptible to this sort of political concern. I would think not.

However, I believe it’s legitimate to ask whether Kaepernick’s sudden decision not to stand for the Anthem may have been influenced by football concerns. After all, pro athletes have been expressing their outrage with allegedly racist policing even since Michael Brown supposedly said “hands up, don’t shoot.” And to my knowledge, nothing important has happened on the Black Lives Matter front since the 49ers opened the preseason a few weeks ago.

Why, then, did Kaepernick wait until the start of the third preseason game to express his contempt for America? Did it suddenly dawn on him that blacks get stopped a lot and occasionally shot by the police?

Maybe. But I don’t think we should rule out three other motives, the first two of which strike me as more likely than the third: (1) his frustration with his status on the team spilled over, (2) he wanted attention, and (3) he was trying to make it more difficult for the Niners to cut him.

Edited by B-Man

Probably a bad draw for CK as it's Military night in San Diego for the upcoming game. There will be a big ass American flag out there for him to ignore during the anthem.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-qb-colin-kaepernick-set-sit-national-anthem/story?id=41773970

Rumor mill: Kaepernick to the Vikes?

Can Minnesotans stand that?

Are you kidding? He'll fit right in. He can move into the Somalian refugee neighborhood and vote for Ilhan Omar. She sings his tune.

Edited by keepthefaith

So he wears pig cop socks to practice, this guy is definitely just a dink weed and shouldn't be the face of any movement.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/colin-kaepernicks-choice-of-socks-fueling-fire-hurting-his-message-154902318.html

You know how he says he feels strongly about people of color being oppressed?

Despite all that, he wears a t shirt in support of Castro just the other day, who was 1000 times more oppressive to the people of Cuba than the United States is towards their people.