Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Nice deflection.

Simple question. The Republicans could send limousines to drive every Democratic voter to the polls for every election and they would still win in a landslide.

These rules were (including allowing tribal ID) were set up to disenfranchise the over 18 portion of 5% of the population that is Native American?

Simple question. The Republicans could send limousines to drive every Democratic voter to the polls for every election and they would still win in a landslide.

These rules were (including allowing tribal ID) were set up to disenfranchise the over 18 portion of 5% of the population that is Native American?

I suggest doing some research on ALEC. Their strategy is national, and just because a particular state votes Republican doesn't mean they'll reduce their efforts, particularly when a state legislature is weak/incompetent and is looking for off-the-shelf bills that ALEC prepares for them. A lot of good stuff has been written about ALEC (much of it academic), but here's a decent place to start: http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21/13392560-flurry-of-voter-id-laws-tied-to-conservative-group-alec .

Also, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2013/12/09/alec-has-tremendous-influence-in-state-legislatures-heres-why/

Edited by dave mcbride

I was joking but the number, found by a couple non-partisan investigations, found it to be extremely low.

People should watch this. It's rather awesome.

First you laugh and then you get furious with the absurdity. You can't shame shameless people!

What would be the point?

Because SJWs never, ever, ever know when to quit.

Once this is over, they'll be back tomorrow when they'll be complaining about how you can go into the men's room of a Buffalo nightclub and get a free spritz of Axe body spray, but the women still have to pay a quarter at the tampon dispenser.

It shouldn't be long before they're suggesting that since TBD is getting rid of the Consumer message board, perhaps Beerball can turn it into a Safe Zone Message Board where they can gather with other SJWs and talk about things together in manner that is soothing and pleasing and doesn't trigger their microagressions.

Get ready, Beerball. You know it's coming.

First you laugh and then you get furious with the absurdity. You can't shame shameless people!

The Texas politicians voting twice was tremendous, especially the voting sticks.

I also liked the 936 instances of voter fraud that were actually 5.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I suggest doing some research on ALEC. Their strategy is national, and just because a particular state votes Republican doesn't mean they'll reduce their efforts, particularly when a state legislature is weak/incompetent and is looking for off-the-shelf bills that ALEC prepares for them. A lot of good stuff has been written about ALEC (much of it academic), but here's a decent place to start: http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21/13392560-flurry-of-voter-id-laws-tied-to-conservative-group-alec .

Also, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2013/12/09/alec-has-tremendous-influence-in-state-legislatures-heres-why/

Hopefully ALEC's efforts pay off. It's time the US catches up the rest of the world with having to provide ID's to vote.

I always liked Kaepernick... For two seasons he made Nevada Wolfpack football abnormally exciting... I think he's a good guy, and I support him expressing himself in whatever way he wants, as long as he isn't hurting anyone directly...

That said, The timing of this "protest" seems odd... If I'm honest, this seems like the EXACT sort of stunt someone under duress pulls in order deflect unrelated oncoming criticism... Except it may have backfired.

Colin... When you heard you might be cut two weeks ago, you were disappointed with the team, NOT your country... Waiting to lose your job to a kid Hitler would have LOVED to star in Nazi propaganda films, probably sucked too... I bet you felt marginalized.... Perhaps a few disapproving looks from coaches made the word "oppression" seem appropos... Which it is, if cops shooting unarmed black men is really what's bothering you...

I wonder though... Is there a chance your personal circumstance prompted empathy for a cause your actual lfestyle resides quite a ways from?...

IF this sentiment is ligitimate, then Kudo's to you, sir... If not, then both it, and it's accompanying sour-puss need to LEAVE TOWN before people get wise to your social fraud... Either way, -Wrap this episode up this weekend, big guy!

Edited by #34fan

Well this sucks, now I have to return to this schithole. ;) Damn you, Beerball!!

He threatened action if people don't stop calling each other names, etc. Nobody called each other names after that......He took action anyway.

thanks to NG for moving this where it belongs and allowing all of us who were given warnings not to discuss politics in TSW despite so many special snowflakes being allowed to continue.

sadly, there are many we will miss. sadly, too many didn't get a warning and got ousted. sadly, some got nothing despite actually going against TOS and name calling ,etc.

ridiculous that this post was in TSW so long.

He threatened action if people don't stop calling each other names, etc. Nobody called each other names after that......He took action anyway.

bs, he threatened action if people continued to post in this thread. why do you think so many people stopped posting? ryan, firechan, myself...

and name calling did not stop after that.

there is only one admin or mod on when this got moved. it was NG, clearly. who doesn't tolerate the same way others do.

I honestly had no idea Kaepernick was black until this circus. I always figured he was Hispanic. Hell, my pasty white ass is darker than he is.

That's what happens when you are half black and raised by two white parents and spent your first couple years in Wisconsin. Even half Nigerians come out looking like Lena Horne.

That's what happens when you are half black and raised by two white parents and spent your first couple years in Wisconsin. Even half Nigerians come out looking like Lena Horne.

Only semi related and Lena Horne wasn't a bad looking broad but whoever gave her a shot at playing cat woman on the old bat man show was a dumbass. Lee Majors sucked at it too.

His source has serious credibility issues.

I'm not suggesting any such thing. I'm suggesting that it's a stretch to believe that thousands of illegal immigrants (or other illegal voters) are taking the risk of registering to vote. Even if the risk of being caught is miniscule, do you think most illegal immigrants know that or, even if they do, are willing to run that risk for essentially no benefit? Highly unlikely and the "data" you've provided certainly does not prove otherwise. I would also note that it's furnished by an organization whose mission appears to be to whip up anti-immigrant fear and loathing.

And I know this is heresy, but would it really be so bad if there are illegal immigrants in this country who are voting in our elections? They live here, have jobs here, pay rent and taxes here, many have families here. What would be the damage to the republic if they are allowed to vote (other than the fact that they would probably tend to vote for Democrats, of course)? And is preventing this horror important enough that we should enact laws that cause collateral damage to the voting rights of actual American citizens?

We let 1 million immigrants into the country legally every year.

There is simply too much room for abuse allowing non-citizens to vote. For example a President could use border patrol to process through immigrants that show up at our door or overstay visas and assist them in finding homes in particular parts of the country where the numbers could impact elections. The same president could make sure that the same immigrants are getting taxpayer paid benefits which might "buy" their votes. A President could use homeland security and the justice department in ways that would shield both the immigrants and these questionable activities as well. Of course no President would have the balls to do this and even if he/she did, their own party would surely stand up against it as an abuse of power.

Now seriously I'm equally disturbed by any efforts that are obviously done to suppress the votes of citizens but we should also want integrity in the voting process.

As for CK, He's going to take a lot of **** and get some support. Problem that I see is that he's made a very serious allegation (oppression of people based on race) and hasn't backed it up well. He's hitched his wagon to a narrative that isn't terribly credible and one that ignores the root causes of people not achieving the quality of life they want. Because of this I think he'll be dismissed by the majority. My guess is we won't hear much more from him on this.

Edited by keepthefaith

Well this sucks, now I have to return to this schithole. ;) Damn you, Beerball!!

Hahahahahah!

I create 1 post. 1. After 72 pages, and boom! Straight to PPP. Now you are back in hell. Now you must deal with me here. Now you must face the wrath of...

Actually, I really don't know what you've been saying in this thread. I don't know what anybody has been saying in this thread. :lol:

I goaded the powers that be with my 2nd sentence last post. Now, come to find out I'm getting PMs telling me that oh no, ban-hammers and warning points have been issued for this thread.

I ask you all: in a 70+ page thread....that involves a literal connection between sports and politics, how lame are you if you start throwing bans and points at posters? Why the F didn't this get moved to PPP after page 1, not page 72?

There is no excuse. There is only butthurt: "My team was losing the argument, again, so I lashed out and abused my power". :rolleyes: It's Simon all over again.

So, I have a plan of action in mind. And if I get banned? Great: it will only reinforce the notion that sub-rational, emotion-driven, small minds are at work(otherwise known as your typical, far-left clowns: "I'm erudite, I get my news from The New Yorker, Huffington Post AND CNN. That's 3 different cities! Now tell me how diverse I am, Dammit! I also take the time to talk to janitors at Denny's, so that cancels out being from the suburbs/sticks, I am an intellectual...and I want my Virtue Points!")

I shall now proceed to publicly offer to serve the suspensions of all banned posters, and/or take all their warning points.

Hahahahahah!

I create 1 post. 1. After 72 pages, and boom! Straight to PPP. Now you are back in hell. Now you must deal with me here. Now you must face the wrath of...

Actually, I really don't know what you've been saying in this thread. I don't know what anybody has been saying in this thread. :lol:

I goaded the powers that be with my 2nd sentence last post. Now, come to find out I'm getting PMs telling me that oh no, ban-hammers and warning points have been issued for this thread.

I ask you all: in a 70+ page thread....that involves a literal connection between sports and politics, how lame are you if you start throwing bans and points at posters? Why the F didn't this get moved to PPP after page 1, not page 72?

There is no excuse. There is only butthurt: "My team was losing the argument, again, so I lashed out and abused my power". :rolleyes: It's Simon all over again.

So, I have a plan of action in mind. And if I get banned? Great: it will only reinforce the notion that sub-rational, emotion-driven, small minds are at work(otherwise known as your typical, far-left clowns: "I'm erudite, I get my news from The New Yorker, Huffington Post AND CNN. That's 3 different cities! Now tell me how diverse I am, Dammit! I also take the time to talk to janitors at Denny's, so that cancels out being from the suburbs/sticks, I am an intellectual...and I want my Virtue Points!")

I shall now proceed to publicly offer to serve the suspensions of all banned posters, and/or take all their warning points.

So are you saying it is all about you?

Hahahahahah!

I told you eight years ago be prepared for eight years of the black guy and eight years of Hillary and you, as usual spewed nonsense, but that of course is going to happen. Poor OC. Always wrong.

OC is second only to Donald Trump in the self be-clowning department.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Hahahahahah!

Jeebus, Tony Baloney is back from polishing his lacrosse trophies and meditating on why he can't grow normal looking eyebrows BTW it's because strain between what you have actually done and the bloated monstrosity you call a resume kills the follicles- better start deflating that thing now or you'll have the same hair line as Clint Howard minus his good looks.