Kaepernick and the National Anthem

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

Link?

The argument I made was both theoretical and evidenced based. And when there are polls after polls that show roughly 80% of the public agrees with providing an ID to vote and you see that essentially the rest of the developed world requires an ID, then you know that something is off. Even you admit that you don't disagree with having to provide an ID to vote and your reasoning for mild disagreement is because you don't believe it to be an issue.

See above. And thanks for civil discourse.

Just for kicks, I looked at a map view of DMV locations in NYS & Alabama, and for a rural state, Alabama seems to have more locations in the spread out parts of the state. See,ms to be there's lots more driving for poor white folk who live in rural NYS than had they lived in Alabama.

This part of his quote remains funny to me, "If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."

No Colin, this took your football away.

http://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=b9zFV-44gdZ6l_qW8AM&q=colin+kaepernick+sideline+throw+gif&oq=Colin+&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.41l3j0i131k1j0.1974.2250.0.4068.3.3.0.1.1.0.331.747.0j1j1j1.3.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.3.554.3.eOgTldCxYPI#imgrc=UljbvQtW6q1pHM%3A

In the article that you quoted, "...that the sample of non-citizens is a tiny 1%. As a result, the sample of those claiming to be noncitizen voters is infinitesimal. In the 2008 poll, Richman and Earnest found only five noncitizen voters out of 32,800 claiming to have cast a validated vote, and in the 2010 study, only 13 out of 55,400 respondents. Given the potential rate of error, Ahlquist and Gehlbach say, "it takes a bit of hubris to draw strong conclusions about the behavior of non-citizens from such small numbers."

I didn't even read the article. It was not relevant to my point

This is a no-brainer, having some sort of identification is a requirement throughout most of the world, it is good sound policy to help ensure voter integrity and the vast majority of Americans support it. The only reason why there is such opposition to it is because Democratic leaders believe that somehow this will give an infinitesimal advantage to their opposition. They aren't opposed to it because they believe it's bad policy.

It's already supported by 80% of the public and the only reason why it isn't a 90% issue is because you will always have partisan lemmings who will follow what the party does on at least 90% of the issues because that is what they are conditioned to do. It's just a matter of time before the U.S catches up to the rest of the world when it comes to having to present ID in order to vote.

The rest of the world is racist!

They can just get a counterfeit voter id.

You should really just step from the conversation because you're either belittling everything being offered as solutions, or taking the lazier route of mocking sources.

In other words, you don't add anything to the conversation except the silly concept that everyone who disagrees with you is clearly wrong exclusively because we don't agree with you.

You should really just step from the conversation because you're either belittling everything being offered as solutions, or taking the lazier route of mocking sources.

In other words, you don't add anything to the conversation except the silly concept that everyone who disagrees with you is clearly wrong exclusively because we don't agree with you.

You should go back to PPP.

I have presented plenty of substance in this thread including some that blunted your views. But it's okay if you can't handle it.

The rest of the world is racist!

Relatively speaking, approximately 99% of the rest of world is more racist than the U.S

But don't tell Kap that.

Also, not sure if anyone else saw B-man's post about this, but after the last game the other day, Kap was wearing a T-shirt that implied his support of Fidel Castro.

Clearly, his awareness for irony is lacking.

I have presented plenty of substance in this thread including some that blunted your views. But it's okay if you can't handle it.

No, you really haven't. The only thing you've offered up is your dismissive view of other people's opinions and partisan arguments to why voter ID's shouldn't be a valid requirement to vote. There have been other people such as myself who are willing to meet half way who are willing to empathize for the valid concerns of transportation and cost of ID to accommodate those anxieties.

No, you really haven't. The only thing you've offered up is your dismissive view of other people's opinions and partisan arguments to why voter ID's shouldn't be a valid requirement to vote. There have been other people such as myself who are willing to meet half way who are willing to empathize for the valid concerns of transportation and cost of ID to accommodate those anxieties.

What I said is that there's no need to offer a solution with no problem in existence. If you find that dismissive, then so be it.

My experience is that it's always a good idea to provide a solution to a non problem. :rolleyes: Many states are complaining about not having enough funding to take care of services for the residents, but why not add another layer of unnecessary bureaucracy.

so what's your solution?

There's no valid reason to spend one single dollar on this non-issue of voter fraud. It's a BS issue.

how do these folks have jobs? What ID are they showing?

What I said is that there's no need to offer a solution with no problem in existence. If you find that dismissive, then so be it.

Uh, didn't I read on say page 65 about a significant percentage of illegal immigrants voting?

Says the guy who was discussing COINTELPRO "introducing drugs" to American cities and Gary Webb earlier in this thread?

:lol:

Relatively speaking, approximately 99% of the rest of world is more racist than the U.S

But don't tell Kap that.

That's actually the first thing I thought of during this whole ordeal.

Uh, didn't I read on say page 65 about a significant percentage of illegal immigrants voting?

:lol:

That's actually the first thing I thought of during this whole ordeal.

I saw that and it would be shut down if it were a legit issue. Illegal immigrants keep as low of a profile as possible.

oh so aggressive. Especially for someone who has only offered conjecture and opinion with no actual credible links or proof. ... sit down

Of course you missed the joke that referenced Kaepernick sitting down. No surprise.