Kaepernick and the National Anthem

No. It's black. You were the one that posted "black majority areas" and not "poor majority areas"

They closed 38 offices across the state. I pointed out that less than half were in black majority areas in response to a post that said they explicitly just closed dmv offices in black majority areas. They didn't.

If anything there is a correlation with closing down public services for poor people first. We will just ignore the fact that in 24 of those offices, white majority areas won't be able to get their licenses or whatever to vote too right? Is that white voter suppression?

so any chance kap did this cause he knew he was gonna get cut?

I suppose that's possible, but it's a big cut off your nose to spite your face scenario and not well thought out if he did. He's a bit of a toxic drama for other teams right now and he had to have known that would be the result. I think he's smarter than that and so I don't think he did this for that reason.

They closed 38 offices across the state. I pointed out that less than half were in black majority areas in response to a post that said they explicitly just closed dmv offices in black majority areas. They didn't.

If anything there is a correlation with closing down public services for poor people first. We will just ignore the fact that in 24 of those offices, white majority areas won't be able to get their licenses or whatever to vote too right? Is that white voter suppression?

See mannc above.

And regardless, you posted stats that showed it was partial against blacks.

Those stats hurt your own argument. 25% of the population of Alabama is black, and yet they closed 38% of the DMVs in black majority areas.

I just looked this up. After the cuts, it appears that Alabama still has 75 DMV offices for driver's licenses. There only 4.9 million people in the entire state. Maybe they cut the ones where no one was coming in for driver's licenses?

See mannc above.

And regardless, you posted stats that showed it was partial against blacks.

This goes back to the police shooting statistics. Blacks face higher rates of poverty. Poverty leads to more crime, more crime leads to more contact with police.

Same goes for this. Blacks face higher rates of poverty, the state aims to close down services, they tend to target lower income areas first when doing this.

The proportional differences are in poverty levels, not targeted efforts by the government or police.

I just looked this up. After the cuts, it appears that Alabama still has 75 DMV offices for driver's licenses. There only 4.9 million people in the entire state. Maybe they cut the ones where no one was coming in for driver's licenses?

As mannc stated above, of the ten counties with the highest black population, only two even have DMVs.

Not to mention you can renew your license online. NY DMV has finally gotten with the times and embraced the internet somewhat.

This goes back to the police shooting statistics. Blacks face higher rates of poverty. Poverty leads to more crime, more crime leads to more contact with police.

Same goes for this. Blacks face higher rates of poverty, the state aims to close down services, they tend to target lower income areas first when doing this.

The proportional differences are in poverty levels, not targeted efforts by the government or police.

Then, as a service to your readers, please post links and stats referencing the poor and not blacks. So posters do not think you are referencing the people you are posting about. ;)

There only 4.9 million people in the entire state. Maybe they cut the ones where no one was coming in for driver's licenses?

Like 8 of the 10 counties with the highest black population. But hey...Alabama has such a long and admirable history of supporting the voting rights of its black residents that I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

No, it's voter suppression. Period.

Like 8 of the 10 counties with the highest black population. But hey...Alabama has such a long and admirable history of supporting the voting rights of its black residents that I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

George Wallace is upset with you.

As mannc stated above, of the ten counties with the highest black population, only two even have DMVs.

Brooklyn, with 2.6 million people (50% are African American or Caribbean ), has only 2 DMV's.

Why do you think that is? Because NYS is run by racists, or not that many people need to use the DMV as more suburban areas do (Monroe county has a ton of DMVs)?

I am going to call BS on that. Just looked up a few and clear as day DMV offices in several primarily black counties.

http://dps.alabama.gov/home/DriverLicensePages/wfDLOffices.aspx

http://www.al.com/census/

Edited by What a Tuel

I am going to call BS on that. Just looked up a few and clear as day DMV offices in several primarily black counties.

http://dps.alabama.gov/home/DriverLicensePages/wfDLOffices.aspx

Sorry, but your link does not refute what I posted. I acknowledge that there are DMV offices in a couple of black majority counties. The issue is the other eight that don't have offices.

Brooklyn, with 2.6 million people (50% are African American or Caribbean ), has only 2 DMV's.

Why do you think that is? Because NYS is run by racists, or not that many people need to use the DMV as more suburban areas do (Monroe county has a ton of DMVs)?

I'm not sure why Brooklyn only has only two DMV offices (assuming that's true), but at least they have some. Are you unable to see the difference between Kings County (Brooklyn), which has widespread, cheap and reliable public transportation, and counties in rural Alabama that have no DMV offices and virtually no public transportation?

Edited by mannc

Sorry, but your link does not refute what I posted. I acknowledge that there are DMV offices in a couple of black majority counties. The issue is the other eight that don't have offices.

Check out the 2nd link I edited in, and sort the census data by race. There is a DMV office in every single black majority county. Some are only open 1 day a month, but this is also the case in white majority counties.

Edited by What a Tuel