Kaepernick and the National Anthem

:lol: at these sources.

It doesn't take much talent to respond in that fashion. There's plenty of underlying data from studies and other sources showing that illegal immigrants are voting in increasing numbers and even being encouraged to do so. Integrity at the ballot box should be a bi-partisan goal.

That was a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Out of 34 DMV offices, 13 were in black majority areas, and they were closed due to budget cuts,

On September 30, Alabama announced the closure and reduction in services at 34 drivers licensing offices throughout the state. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has said an $11 million cut in the budget forced the closing of the DMV offices at which residents can obtain or renew their licenses. The state expects some of the needs of those who would have used such offices to be met online.

Like in Alabama, where the Republican legislature passed a law requiring drivers licenses (or similar identification) in order to vote, then closed down the DMV offices in all of the black majority counties?

What are the numbers for this vs fraud?

I think the source was Jackie Robinson's own autobiography.

NBC is putting this out but how much are they ignoring the CF scandal? Etc. It is an issue like this, which effects no one that is a smoke screen to the real issues.

Furrther and mostly it is laughable that the amount of irony in the so few posts between occurred.

NBC is putting this out but how much are they ignoring the CF scandal? Etc. It is an issue like this, which effects no one that is a smoke screen to the real issues.

Furrther and mostly it is laughable that the amount of irony in the so few posts between occurred.

Out of 34 DMV offices, 13 were in black majority areas, and they were closed due to budget cuts,

On September 30, Alabama announced the closure and reduction in services at 34 drivers licensing offices throughout the state. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has said an $11 million cut in the budget forced the closing of the DMV offices at which residents can obtain or renew their licenses. The state expects some of the needs of those who would have used such offices to be met online.

Those stats hurt your own argument. 25% of the population of Alabama is black, and yet they closed 38% of the DMVs in black majority areas.

Kaep actions is like a child that whines that his room is dirty and sits down pouting in the middle because he doesn't want to clean it. Only after he gets all the attention from throwing a temper tantrum is he going to help clean it. Seems like a very self-absorbed move.

I agree the Kaepernick issue effects no one except perhaps those who think it's important. I was just trying to clarify that NBC is not the source of Robinson's words, Robinson was. I didn't realize you were making NBC's decision to compare CK's and JR's stances the issue. I really don't care one way or the other.

Oh, and what is the CF scandal?

Edited by K-9

Meh. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest the 49ers will make/not make roster decisions based on any "optics".

I would hope they would just make a football decision either way, but I don't think it's far fetched to think the optics could play a part.

What are the numbers for this vs fraud?

I don't understand your question, but I think we can assume that the "problem" of illegal immigrants voting in Alabama is a non-existent one. Alabama has such a sterling history of facilitating minority voting rights . . .

I would hope they would just make a football decision either way, but I don't think it's far fetched to think the optics could play a part.

I can see where it may cause them some discomfort if there is negative backlash, but teams deal with that all the time in cutting players. It's just not a determining factor when it comes to critical roster decisions. And I gotta believe the decision to keep or let CK go was pretty much determined before this hit the fan. He's been steadily regressing in Kelly's system since the spring. Something would have to give one way or the other, anyway. If they do cut him, I imagine they will reiterate that CK's protest had nothing to do with, they will repeat their stance that they respect his right to protest, and that it was strictly a football decision and we wish CK luck. End of story and it all blows over in a short period of time.

Kaep actions is like a child that whines that his room is dirty and sits down pouting in the middle because he doesn't want to clean it. Only after he gets all the attention from throwing a temper tantrum is he going to help clean it. Seems like a very self-absorbed move.

Maybe I'm just slow, but I think you're going to have to explain your analogy a little bit. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I can see where it may cause them some discomfort if there is negative backlash, but teams deal with that all the time in cutting players. It's just not a determining factor when it comes to critical roster decisions. And I gotta believe the decision to keep or let CK go was pretty much determined before this hit the fan. He's been steadily regressing in Kelly's system since the spring. Something would have to give one way or the other, anyway. If they do cut him, I imagine they will reiterate that CK's protest had nothing to do with, they will repeat their stance that they respect his right to protest, and that it was strictly a football decision and we wish CK luck. End of story and it all blows over in a short period of time.

I think you're 100% correct on how they'll handle it if they do cut him.

Those stats hurt your own argument. 25% of the population of Alabama is black, and yet they closed 38% of the DMVs in black majority areas.

Oh, it's far worse than that. Of the 10 Alabama counties with highest black population, only two will have DMV offices. This in a state where 20 percent of the adult population (and an even higher percentage of the black population) lacks a drivers license or alternative DMV-issued ID.