Kaepernick and the National Anthem

If someone asked me "Yes or no, do you think we should require ID to vote?" of course I would say yes. The opposite is that no one shows ID and that leads to rampant issues in the future. But the question does not AT ALL address whether I think there is or isn't voter fraud or that I do or don't think political parties are trying to rig elections.

Irrespective of our views whether or not voter fraud is something that occurs often or not, the views and sentiments of approximately 40% of American's believe it to be a major issue. One of the most important things for a thriving democracy to have is to instill confidence for their citizens is to have elections that people believe to be free of corruption. That they aren't rigged, that when they cast their vote that it actually means something and that things will be recorded on the up and up.

You may believe that it's not a real problem, and to be honest with you, I don't see it as a major issue either. But I do understand and empathize that for many American's it is potentially problematic. If we are talking about something that isn't overly burdensome such as providing a photo ID and if we are talking about alleviating the concerns of transportation and poll tax (*giggles*) cost to obtain an ID, then it's a no-brainer. The rest of the developed world does it and the vast majority of American's agree with it.

Why is what Curt Schilling is saying disgraceful? Did you read the article?

That's not very open-minded, which is surprising from someone who wants others to be open-minded about his position.

Not him particularly, the site in general.

Not him particularly, the site in general.

But that's my point: the article was about Curt Schilling's opinion regarding the way two different situations are being treated by the media, and it has merit.

Just feels an awful lot like tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

Irrespective of our views whether or not voter fraud is something that occurs often or not, the views and sentiments of approximately 40% of American's believe it to be a major issue. One of the most important things for a thriving democracy to have is to instill confidence for their citizens is to have elections that people believe to be free of corruption. That they aren't rigged, that when they cast their vote that it actually means something and that things will be recorded on the up and up.

You may believe that it's not a real problem, and to be honest with you, I don't see it as a major issue either. But I do understand and empathize that for many American's it is potentially problematic. If we are talking about something that isn't overly burdensome such as providing a photo ID and if we are talking about alleviating the concerns of transportation and poll tax (*giggles*) cost to obtain an ID, then it's a no-brainer. The rest of the developed world does it and the vast majority of American's agree with it.

How does 40% equal vast majority? And my point was only that you cannot trust numbers like that about generic questions and then extrapolate them to prove your point.

But that's my point: the article was about Curt Schilling's opinion regarding the way two different situations are being treated by the media, and it has merit.

Chucky was a baby too.

How does 40% equal vast majority? And my point was only that you cannot trust numbers like that about generic questions and then extrapolate them to prove your point.

If I wasn't clear then I apologize. 40% believevoter fraud to be a major issue based on polling. 80% believe that you should have to provide an ID in order to vote.

Well to be fair, the poster said Kap converted to Islam, but the link was about Shilling and nothing about Islam conversion. I then linked a snopes article showing the breitbart and other accusations about Islam conversion to be false. And 26 commented on that.

Well to be fair, the poster said Kap converted to Islam, but the link was about Shilling and nothing about Islam conversion. I then linked a snopes article showing the breitbart and other accusations about Islam conversion to be false. And 26 commented on that.

Okay, at least that makes sense.

I generally dislike it when folks question the crux of an argument simply because of the source

That site peddles in conspiracy theories and other nefarious subjects far too often to be considered credible.

If I wasn't clear then I apologize. 40% believevoter fraud to be a major issue based on polling. 80% believe that you should have to provide an ID in order to vote.

Fair enough. But again, unless you know the question and context that 80% is or could be extremely misleading. As I said, I would surely say yes to that simple question but I also don't think we should be doing what we are doing concerning voter IDs. And I imagine a large portion agree.

The argument I made was both theoretical and evidenced based. And when there are polls after polls that show roughly 80% of the public agrees with providing an ID to vote and you see that essentially the rest of the developed world requires an ID, then you know that something is off. Even you admit that you don't disagree with having to provide an ID to vote and your reasoning for mild disagreement is because you don't believe it to be an issue.