Kaepernick and the National Anthem

A couple of years ago Pennsylvania with a republican governor was defending their new voter ID laws in court. Their argument was that although they couldn't cite any examples of fraud theoretically it could be a problem. In other words they were vigorously proposing a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

The irony is that where fraud is most likely to occur, in absentee ballots, the ID laws that are usually proposed to address fraud don't deal with absentee ballots.

It's not surprising that once the Supreme Court in a ruling last year or a couple of years ago ruled that more stringent ID laws were permissible and that scrutiny of states with a history of discrimination by the civil rights section of the Department of Justice were loosened there was an immediate run on more restrictive ID laws by states that had republican legislatures.

I remember that well from my neighboring state of NJ. The next trick will be purging voters from the rolls in GOP controlled states like OH and FL. We've seen this movie before.

Blacks barely have enough time to vote once, which takes so much time away from committing crimes and avoiding their families. Name one black dude or ho that has the time to vote twice!! Do you people ever listen to yourselves?

Even worse in Indiana... Polls close @ 6:00pm. You know, people are barely out of bed by 6 in evening! ;-) ;-)

I participated in this thread over the weekend objecting to Colin's form of expression, but was interested in comments about the issues he wants highlighted/addressed. Just checked in and was surprised to see the discussion morphed into a debate over voter fraud. In one respect its fascinating that the conversation took that turn, but unless we are talking local politics I'm highly skeptical that voter fraud is contributing to Colin's discontent.

I participated in this thread over the weekend objecting to Colin's form of expression, but was interested in comments about the issues he wants highlighted/addressed. Just checked in and was surprised to see the discussion morphed into a debate over voter fraud. In one respect its fascinating that the conversation took that turn, but unless we are talking local politics I'm highly skeptical that voter fraud is contributing to Colin's discontent.

Well he did light into both of the main candidates for the presidency in his media session yesterday.

So it is at least tangentially connected.

Well he did light into both of the main candidates for the presidency in his media session yesterday.So it is at least tangentially connected.

So, that's good for us, right? At least slightly above average?

Edited by Augie

Well he did light into both of the main candidates for the presidency in his media session yesterday.

So it is at least tangentially connected.

So my question is how do we leverage voter fraud to elect the third candidate that I keep waiting for? And more to the point, who is that third candidate?

Went to a comedy show Saturday night and sat next to a guy at the bar before going in. He was wearing a goofy sailor cap which drew some attention. He said his pirate cap was at the cleaners. It then dawned on him.... "CRAP! Where are my seats??!!" He didn't want to be front row taking professional abuse for his silly cap. Fortunately, he had the cheap seats in the way, way back.

The thought police want a full apology:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/san-francisco-police-officers-association-seeks-apology-from-49ers-nfl/

They simply hate when they can't control a situation or let people say what they want. It harms their gentle sensibilities because Colin had a bigger bully pulpit.

Of course, through the "association."

So my question is how do we leverage voter fraud to elect the third candidate that I keep waiting for? And more to the point, who is that third candidate?

Hire Russian hackers to simulate voter fraud; feds are reporting several groups hacking into several state agencies including Arizona and Illinois.