Kaepernick and the National Anthem

so.. point???

Seems Kemp is giving me a very accurate assist. Tie this in to 26s point about the "war on drugs" and Reagan as a Governor and aspiring politician.

It was not a war on drugs it was a war on blacks, hispanics and those filthy degenerate gays.

Seems Kemp is giving me a very accurate assist. Tie this in to 26s point about the "war on drugs" and Reagan as a Governor and aspiring politician.

It was not a war on drugs it was a war on blacks, hispanics and those filthy degenerate gays.

ok "that makes sense"????? wow! do respect your "reach"..

Edited by dwight in philly

what the ;point is you are trying to make? u didnt bring the topic up about reagan.. but you chose to answer my question and have no friggin clue what you are talking about.. reagan made a speech.. left out AIDS.. ok.. carry on.. why not focus on your inaccuracies and continue?

how in the hell is that perintent to this.. thats where im lost

Its not.

easy to get lost here.

freedom of expression by Kap , was based upon his perception of how Police are killing blacks without reprimand.

This has turned to a debate about multiple things at once. Mostly the inequalities here in the United States. What Kemp and i have been discussing concurrently is how our political machine and others have oppressing the poor and the black as a pattern of behaviour going back decades.

there have been many additions and sidebars in between.

what is it you seek Dwight ?

This isn't paranoia. Unjustified police shootings are few and far between. Yes there are some cases where a police officer is too aggressive or trigger happy. However with hundreds of millions interactions with the public each year, only about 1,000 people die each year by police shooting. That includes all the justified ones, armed people, threatening people, all races, all genders. That is a pretty good track record for a country of 330,000,000 people.

You're right in that statistically there is a very low chance of anyone being killed by the police. But unfortunately statistics and reason don't always overcome emotion.

I live in Youngstown, OH which statistically has one of the highest crime rates in Ohio and is regularly trashed by the national media. So as an example: I moved here from Buffalo in 1989 and have not seen one violent crime in that entire time. Actually I haven't experienced any crime, and I don't exactly live in a gated community. So my experience of this area and the perception of this area (so far) have been entirely different.

So in that same vein I think that some police departments have a "bunker" mentality. Sometimes perception can drive emotion, especially when someone close to them has died.

I think the reality is that most people in the US are non violent and relatively tolerant people, but as usual in any society, there are a minority of people (regardless of skin color) who drive the debate.

Let's hope that the track record of most police departments stays as good as it has been.

ok "that makes sense"????? wow! do respect your "reach"..

You live in Philly you know it has it's disparities as well as anyone of us.

You were very helpful with the goings on with LeSeans evening of hilarity and pink champagne.

Please take no offense to my commentary. I was talking to more than one at once. sorry Bud

Its not.

easy to get lost here.

freedom of expression by Kap , was based upon his perception of how Police are killing blacks without reprimand.

This has turned to a debate about multiple things at once. Mostly the inequalities here in the United States. What Kemp and i have been discussing concurrently is how our political machine and others have oppressing the poor and the black as a pattern of behaviour going back decades.

there have been many additions and sidebars in between.

what is it you seek Dwight ?

i would say that is more of an opinion than factual.. it gets tiring seeing the predictable hand-wringing without any facts.. just opinions.. as far as what i seek, is people need to stop deflecting.. a tactic people use when their case is really weak.. or has never been

You live in Philly you know it has it's disparities as well as anyone of us.

You were very helpful with the goings on with LeSeans evening of hilarity and pink champagne.

Please take no offense to my commentary. I was talking to more than one at once. sorry Bud

ok

Edited by dwight in philly

No.

He is correct.

I know little of NC politics. I know barely more of football.

But that stuff from him ain't no lie.

ask me about AIDS and the gays while reagan was in Cali.

I loathe conspiracy theorists, even though i have listened to one you previously mentioned. But there was a time when i did enough leg work to prove them wrong to know enough to vouch for his commentary.

I knew this would turn emotional

crime is crime racism is racism no need to mix the two up I say !

en masse. What he has said is all opinion. About crack being distributed to ghettos. FBI programs against blacks. Etc. While there is truth its opinion to their effect

The movement that he is invoking with his quotes and hashtags has very much made those exact insinuations...even going so far as to take violence to police personnel that have absolutely nothing to do with the events in question.

That issue, of course, is separate from the question of whether there's a real smoking gun regarding a lack of prosecution against police who are found to be in the wrong in shooting incidents--against white or minorities.

I try to stay out of these kind of threads but I'll mix it in here. My friend and I were chatting about this and related issues this afternoon. The context is a recent police shooting in Ballwin MO near here which left a policeman paralyzed. He will spend his life on a ventilator. People have taken it as motivated by a protest against police violence (Fox news called it an 'ambush'), but as far as one can tell, this was just a random punk thug who was on probation for weapons charges and felony theft in 2 states, had served prison time in California, and knew if the officer ran his ID and his record came up he was going back to jail. He had a gun so he used it. My friend has a brother who is a St Louis police officer so this hits close to home.

My friend made the case that it's important to separate out a movement, from nut jobs who hitch their nuttiness onto it by claiming to act in its name. In this case, I have yet to see evidence that the Black Lives Matter movement has "taken violence to police personnel" or even insinuated that all cops are bad and all cops are out to kill black people.

An analogy would be to the Right to Life movement. Anyone remember Barnett Slepian? He was killed by a nut job affiliated with an extremist anti-abortion group, who maintained a website with names of abortion providers and after Slepian's murder, crossed his name off. Yet most supporters of abortion rights would acknowledge that these acts are NOT endorsed or supported by the leadership or vast majority of people in the RTL movement.

It's just so fraught we can't seem to get there with BLM.

Edited by Hopeful

en masse. What he has said is all opinion. About crack being distributed to ghettos. FBI programs against blacks. Etc. While there is truth its opinion to their effect

I am not going to dig all this up as this is hardly the place nor time.

But the effect was intentional , manipulated and a conscious act. I at one time was very well read and fervently studied these matters.

I do still have plenty of books on the Vietnam and from both sides. I have been able to speak to NVA soldiers and officers.My library is not what it once was either

I studied the north american Indian for decades, less so now.

Unfortunately 26 has an informed opinion here. I will back him on this

But we do not need to agree.and i no longer wish to dialogue this one J. I want to wind this one down and move on to something lighter.

Like how long till Kap is cut, money notwithstanding. he made his wave in the pond. I think he needs to find a new venue for his opinions.

I am not going to dig all this up as this is hardly the place nor time.

But the effect was intentional , manipulated and a conscious act. I at one time was very well read and fervently studied these matters.

I do still have plenty of books on the Vietnam and from both sides. I have been able to speak to NVA soldiers and officers.My library is not what it once was either

I studied the north american Indian for decades, less so now.

Unfortunately 26 has an informed opinion here. I will back him on this

But we do not need to agree.and i no longer wish to dialogue this one J. I want to wind this one down and move on to something lighter.

Like how long till Kap is cut, money notwithstanding. he made his wave in the pond. I think he needs to find a new venue for his opinions.

Like I said before, swimming in denial. It's more comfortable for some. Don't waste your time.

what the ;point is you are trying to make? u didnt bring the topic up about reagan.. but you chose to answer my question and have no friggin clue what you are talking about.. reagan made a speech.. left out AIDS.. ok.. carry on.. why not focus on your inaccuracies and continue?

how in the hell is that perintent to this.. thats where im lost

Can you point to something I wrote that was factually incorrect?

I will try to clarify it, again, if you care to expand on your point. Right now, I'm not sure what your point is, though.

does anybody give any thought to the hiring practices of the police forces

the appear often to hire people who already have been predisposed to pulling the trigger or are being trained to pull the trigger. They need to be more selective in the personalities they hire.

Modern police forces are armed with weapons most armies would cherish, but the issue is most of the confrontations that police have are with it's own citizens and not a foreign army.

don't come back with the police have the right to protect themselves (we know that is true) but all this leads to is police training. They are taught to be aggressive. They are not taught to be non violent solution orientated.

Police are not on patrol in Afghanistan, they are in a US city. I dislike the Black Lives Matter organization....I understand it I think but I see the issue is that impoverished lives matter,

If the cop is a racist his boss should pay the penalty for allowing him on the force. If the cop is too aggressive his boss should pay the penalty for allowing him on the force.

Stop and frisk was dumb, but stop and talk was not. Many impoverished people are by nature aggressive, many in the poor neighborhoods are aggressive, the cops have the keys to stop this cycle. Aggression vs aggression is not the solution.

Was the song "Feelings" by Barry Manilow playing in the background when you wrote this post?

Like I said before, swimming in denial. It's more comfortable for some. Don't waste your time.

I am not one to try to convince.

thank you for your input Brother.

Can you point to something I wrote that was factually incorrect?

I will try to clarify it, again, if you care to expand on your point. Right now, I'm not sure what your point is, though.

I think we should all chill.

this original topic is a hot button anyway.

Thanks to you for what likely would have written. if there is issue it should be with me not you..

Some things I have considered common knowledge. I guess age has something to do with that. Maybe walk of life too.

#respect y'all

It's pretty stunning how intellectually lazy and unaware some people are about historical events that have occurred not only in the US, but also abroad. In this day and age information is even more readily available than when I began reading and studying matters. So much more is also now available via FOIA as well as other credible sources. :beer:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think we should all chill.

this original topic is a hot button anyway.

Thanks to you for what likely would have written. if there is issue it should be with me not you..

Some things I have considered common knowledge. I guess age has something to do with that. Maybe walk of life too.

#respect y'all

I tried to tone it down in my last post. Was just wondering what I wrote that he said was not true. If I don't hear an answer, I'll just leave it alone, too.

It's pretty stunning how intellectually lazy and unaware some people are about historical events that have occurred not only in the US, but also abroad. In this day and age information is even more readily available than when I began reading and studying matters. So much more is also now available via FOIA as well as other credible sources. :beer:

Well I am as guilty as the next for being lazy about some things. So i try to never hold it against another.

Freedom of Information Act is one of the BEST things this country has done in decades. I had most of my educations the old way. when you had to compare notes and make an assumption.

If you are willing to teach you need to be aware all students are not created the same.

The whole world needs work. and those of us who care can only do what we can do. But we do

I tried to tone it down in my last post. Was just wondering what I wrote that he said was not true. If I don't hear an answer, I'll just leave it alone, too.

I will validate your points Kemp.

Dwight seems a good guy all around, so I am thinking we can redirect this thread to what an assshat Colin is :w00t:

Cheers everyone !

:beer:B-)

It's also stunning how people interpret events to fit their worldview.

It's also stunning how people interpret events to fit their worldview.

I hope you typed that while looking in the mirror. There is interpretation and there is what factually happens. Keep your eyes closed and live in comfort. Not exactly what Spock said, but it'll work for you.

Careful Sammy.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills WR Watkins commends Kaepernick for taking a stand for what he believes & thinks there should be more like him

https://t.co/Z1UHpxIynj

I was just going to post this. Are all of the self righteous posters he who claimed that Kap was just a dumb jock and hate him now going to hate Sammy, too? This is actually a good topic for a football message board, do you, or should you ever bring in a player's political views into the equation as to whether you like him or not. Surely if a player is a wife beater or something along those lines I have no problem with that entering your POV of said player.

For me, it's no. And it extends to entertainers and comics and singers and actors, etc. I hate Bill Maher's guts but I find him funny a lot. I don't like Rex's politics but it doesn't affect my attitude toward him as a coach. I hate a lot of singers and bands politics but it has no affect on whether or not I like their music. I hate Curt Shilling but I liked him when he was a pitcher and saying aborhent things. I hate when liberal actors put their face into too many things but it doesn't affect the movies or tv shows they are in.