Kaepernick and the National Anthem

You're doing good work in this thread trying to bring levity and/or steer it off course, but I don't want to bog the thread down with a battle over voter ID laws. We can go into the dungeon of PPP for that if you want. The bottom line is voter ID laws are perhaps noble in principle but in practice they're proven to be disenfranchising. We can debate all day long about the motive behind these laws, but from the point of view of how our government is supposed to work at its best, disenfranchisement of any sort is a violation of the worst kind.

And let's not get this topic too bogged down in right vs left. That's a distraction designed to keep us fighting one another rather than working actively towards solutions.

you have a keen eye my friend

Yes, a very partisan group of 3 judges made that decision. Unfortunately politics have infiltrated every inch of government. We have a lot of illegal immigrants registering to vote because it is so easy to do so with driver's licenses and taxpayer ID numbers being readily issued to illegal immigrants. No proof of citizenship is required/confirmed in many states. Everyone should support voter ID, better registration screening and integrity at the polls.

How come when judges rule the way you like, they are upholding the Constitution? And when you disagree it's a partisan decision?

When was politics not involved in government?

Even better, when Trump talks about making America great again, when exactly would he say it was great? No one I have asked has had an answer for that one.

How exactly are they taking it away? By requiring basic id?

I've already answered that in this thread.

They are taking it away by closing polling places in black areas and changing the rules of what constitutes legal ID.

How come when judges rule the way you like, they are upholding the Constitution? And when you disagree it's a partisan decision?

Even better, when Trump talks about making America great again, when exactly would he say it was great? No one I have asked has had an answer for that one.

wow! the mention of "trump" again! as i said on saturday, how is this not been moved? once the partisanship starts.. it sure does take away the purpose of this.. despite all the "brainiacs" on here pontificating.. their B S..

wow! the mention of "trump" again! as i said on saturday, how is this not been moved? once the partisanship starts.. it sure does take away the purpose of this.. despite all the "brainiacs" on here pontificating.. their B S..

Kettle Black.

I wish the whole debate on the Kaep incident became about freedom of speech and the first. Break up the trigger warnings. Safe spaces. Sit ins at college. Shut down Univ of Missouri and send Pinkel to DeVry (I hate pinkel. Always have).

The bigger issue is not kaep. Its free speech

Freedom to express a viewpoint.

What the country was based upon i heard?

I'm not going to go any farther on these posts. Treat people well, teach your kids to do the same, and speak for the person in a weak position. If I observe someone being treated poorly, I'll speak up including a police officer. Now, much of my extended family are in some form of law enforcement, but I'm a corporate guy. But I also have a ton of family in business, medicine, law, and so on. Doesn't matter.

Most cops are decent guys. There are some that are not. Treat individually, and if a cop is unlawful, put him in jail. These large statements are silly. He did not need to make the statement he made and encouraged in three weeks. Given he is a back up, and about to be released is just dumb from a business standpoint.

I would like the answer to that question too. Most likely at it's inception and the effort to strive for good. The Franklin days were pretty good, and Lincoln was doing the good work , but by then the worms were turning

The Country is still evolving and hardly reached it ceiling. But at times it is pretty good. I would kick the tires

WIP

I've already answered that in this thread.

They are taking it away by closing polling places in black areas and changing the rules of what constitutes legal ID.

Why wouldn't Hillary want black people to vote ?

I'm not buying the ID thing. It's beyond simple at countless locations in my part of the world for all races.

Don't they need ID to get jobs ? How does that work ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I would like the answer to that question too. Most likely at it's inception and the effort to strive for good. The Franklin days were pretty good, and Lincoln was doing the good work , but by then the worms were turning

The Country is still evolving and hardly reached it ceiling. But at times it is pretty good. I would kick the tires

WIP

Ah, let's return to the Great America when you could own black people and when women could not vote and were considered chattle.

James Madison — who was the main framer, and one of the founding fathers who was most libertarian — makes it very clear that the new constitutional system must be designed so as to insure that the government will, in his words “protect the minority of the opulent against the majority” and bar the way to anything like agrarian reform. The determination was made that America could not allow functioning democracy, since people would use their political power to attack the wealth of the minority of the opulent. Therefore, Madison argues, the country should be placed in the hands of the wealthier set of men, as he put it.

Why wouldn't Hillary want black people to vote ?

I'm not buying the ID thing. It's beyond simple at countless locations in my part of the world for all races.

You are free to buy whatever you want and ignore whatever you want.

Ah, let's return to the Great America when you could own black people and when women could not vote and were considered chattle.

James Madison — who was the main framer, and one of the founding fathers who was most libertarian — makes it very clear that the new constitutional system must be designed so as to insure that the government will, in his words “protect the minority of the opulent against the majority” and bar the way to anything like agrarian reform. The determination was made that America could not allow functioning democracy, since people would use their political power to attack the wealth of the minority of the opulent. Therefore, Madison argues, the country should be placed in the hands of the wealthier set of men, as he put it.

You are free to buy whatever you want and ignore whatever you want.

Well I thought you were going to bring up Jefferson.

Money is the ruling class. not Whitey

What a know nothing. What have you studied over the course of your life? It's apparent that you have no knowledge of what I have studied and know as fact. It's why I often choose to ignore your uneducated ridiculousness on almost every occasion. This is my final response to you because you merit being ignored.

yet. You know nothing of what I know? I don't give a **** to answer absurd questions. What you have studied amounts to nothing but a career with a looootttttttttt of fr3e time

Regardless. nothing you have stated is pure factual. So its your opinion

But as i mentioned history is the teacher. So go back further. To Europe perhaps and all the wonderful things they were doing pre USA.

There have always been divisions and dividing of peoples.

It ain't right by me, but it's not unique to the South/ North or United States.

My best friend in third grade was Choochie. we played football together in fun. He had a Packers helmet and had an early Redskins helmet.

I dont think i really realized he was black until i moved to new york. and i learned about racism