Kaepernick and the National Anthem

This ties in with the cocaine importation and drug use as Aids was more often shared with needles.

Nice recall Kemp. I have glommed so much i forget the details but stick with my conclusions at the time i made them Thats why i dont debate well anymore

The best book I read on the subject was And the Band Played On. A well-written and informative read.

I was just going to post this. Are all of the self righteous posters he who claimed that Kap was just a dumb jock and hate him now going to hate Sammy, too? This is actually a good topic for a football message board, do you, or should you ever bring in a player's political views into the equation as to whether you like him or not. Surely if a player is a wife beate

r or something along those lines I have no problem with that entering your POV of said player.

For me, it's no. And it extends to entertainers and comics and singers and actors, etc. I hate Bill Maher's guts but I find him funny a lot. I don't like Rex's politics but it doesn't affect my attitude toward him as a coach. I hate a lot of singers and bands politics but it has no affect on whether or not I like their music. I hate Curt Shilling but I liked him when he was a pitcher and saying aborhent things. I hate when liberal actors put their face into too many things but it doesn't affect the movies or tv shows they are in.

That will be a problem for some, here.

I hope you typed that while looking in the mirror. There is interpretation and there is what factually happens. Keep your eyes closed and live in comfort. Not exactly what Spock said, but it'll work for you.

I'm not the one spinning tales that CIA is responsible for the plight of the black community or thinking that redlining fifty years ago is equally responsible.

Speaking of mirrors, it's usually instructive for a society or culture that's perpetually on the fringe to do a little introspection. Not everything bad that's happened to the black community is because of the evils the white man unleashed.

Edited by GG

Well I am as guilty as the next for being lazy about some things. So i try to never hold it against another.

Freedom of Information Act is one of the BEST things this country has done in decades. I had most of my educations the old way. when you had to compare notes and make an assumption.

If you are willing to teach you need to be aware all students are not created the same.

The whole world needs work. and those of us who care can only do what we can do. But we do

I will validate your points Kemp.

Dwight seems a good guy all around, so I am thinking we can redirect this thread to what an assshat Colin is :w00t:

Cheers everyone !

:beer:B-)

:thumbsup:

I'm not the one spinning tasks that CIA is responsible for the plight of the black community or thinking that redlining fight years ago is equally responsible.

Speaking of mirrors, it's usually instructive for a society or culture that's perpetually on the fringe to do a little introspection. Not everything bad that's happened to the black community is because of the evils the white man unleashed.

Point to where I said completely responsible. But don't act as if the government has always acted with benevolence, because it has not.

Point to where I said completely responsible. But don't act as if the government has always acted with benevolence, because it has not.

Don't you see the blatant irony in your post and thinking?

On the one hand you hold the government largely responsible for the black people's fate, yet you support more government intervention to help black people out.

That's why there hasn't been and there won't be any progress. Nobody wants to leave the solution to the people themselves.

On the one hand you hold the government largely responsible for the black people's fate, yet you support more government intervention to help black people out.

That's why there hasn't been and there won't be any progress. Nobody wants to leave the solution to the people themselves.

Because we can't trust the white people or the black people. That's blatantly obvious.

Because we can't trust the white people or the black people. That's blatantly obvious.

No doubt. But at least the solution won't be offered by shisters who profit from the rancor.

I'm not the one spinning tales that CIA is responsible for the plight of the black community or thinking that redlining fifty years ago is equally responsible.

thats funny. spinning things and all.

Not everything bad that has happened in the world has one thing to blame for its being. Thats simple enough. Egyptians had slaves. and worked them do death. Christina were ostracized and murdered for belief among others.

what is your point?

You have no idea what I advocate as remedy for any of the problems that plague minority communities. Point to where I advocated any of that in this thread.

I'm reading a lot of butt hurt comments in here. It is his rights to sit or stand. I respect all Soldiers past and present,however the American flag has tons of dirt on it. No matter how you or I feel. Sit or stand I don't give two $#!+

You may be the most level headed amongst us.

The very heart of the problem, if any one would want to actually deal with it, is the lack of a family structure. Single moms at home and their new husband is the state. There is no political currency in actually dealing with the real problem.

are you suggesting an overthrow, cuz thats what i am hearing

My friend made the case that it's important to separate out a movement, from nut jobs who hitch their nuttiness onto it by claiming to act in its name. In this case, I have yet to see evidence that the Black Lives Matter movement has "taken violence to police personnel" or even insinuated that all cops are bad and all cops are out to kill black people.

An analogy would be to the Right to Life movement. Anyone remember Barnett Slepian? He was killed by a nut job affiliated with an extremist anti-abortion group, who maintained a website with names of abortion providers and after Slepian's murder, crossed his name off. Yet most supporters of abortion rights would acknowledge that these acts are NOT endorsed or supported by the leadership or vast majority of people in the RTL movement.

It's just so fraught we can't seem to get there with BLM.

Perhaps your friend ( or you) haven't been paying attention. One of the founders of BLM was on CNN and asked about the Dallas police chiefs call for recruits. Her reply was that they wouldn't take that job because the system is already set. They want to take over policing their own neighborhoods. When asked about the lack of outcry from BLM about any of the murders in Chicago ( much of which is black on black violence) she avoided answering the question. So apprently black lives only matter when they are shot by police officers , regardless of the officers race. That shows you where they are coming from. The reason we can't get " there " with BLM is that their premise is racist and wrong . ( and yes there were video clips on various news outlets showing folks at BLM rallies making statement about " killing pigs".) BLM is standing up not only for those involved in police shootings that were simply horrible mistakes, but for the highly publicized ones that absolutely had some responsibility for their involvement. i.e not doing what the officer ordered them too etc. They don't seem to understand that the Police officer absolutely has a right to use deadly physical force under the color of law and will be indemnified if a reasonable person would feel that their life or lives of others were in danger. That doesn't mean the suspect has to aim a gun at them or even have it in their hand. Simply reaching for something or a sudden move is enough. They are different from a private citizen would be in that situation. It has to be that way: they need some advantage over the criminals or many many more cops would die in the line of duty. But a knucklehead like Kaepernik says these people are getting a free pass and paid leave like its a vacation. Shooting someone is traumatizing for most people including cops. It's the thugs on the street that will shoot and go on about their business. Kaepernick should familiarize himself with the law before he disrespects the country in the name of criminals and thugs.

The very heart of the problem, if any one would want to actually deal with it, is the lack of a family structure. Single moms at home and their new husband is the state. There is no political currency in actually dealing with the real problem.

and how did that occur over 4 decades or so.

Root problem?

I think it's real. Keep the head of the household employed and keep his head up proud. applies to all walks of life

This certainly isn't a problem thats going to be fixed anytime soon. Kap's bum is going to be sore sitting on that bench all year. You would think he would want to stand if only for a chance to stretch his legs every now and then.

Simple question.....................

Does Kaepernick think everyone else stands because they think America is perfect?

Actually, I don't believe that he thinks very deeply about any subject.

and how did that occur over 4 decades or so.

Root problem?

I think it's real. Keep the head of the household employed and keep his head up proud. applies to all walks of life

Whether it's the mom or dad missing you have problems. Thanks LBJ for the new plantation of the War on Poverty.