Kaepernick and the National Anthem

They whacked JFK to put this puppet in. lol what a joke.

LBJ was a puppet? Who pulled the strings?

Tonio K had an interesting take on western civilization:

THE FUNKY WESTERN CIVILIZATION

(Tonio K.)

come on everybody

get on your feet

get with the beat

there's a brand new dance craze

sweeping the nation

and it's called the funky western civilization

well there's a riot in the courthouse, there's a fire in the street

there's a sinner bein' trampled by a thousand pious feet

there's a baby every minute bein' born without a chance

now don't that make you want to jump right up and start to dance?

let's do the funky

the funky western civilization

it's really spunky

it's just like summertime vacation

you just grab your partner by the hair

throw her down and leave her there

they put jesus on a cross, they put a hole in j.f.k.

they put hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way

now they've got poison in the water and the whole world in a trance

but just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance

we've got the funky

it's really spunky

you just drag your partner through the dirt

leave him in a world of hurt

you get down

get funky

get western

(own up to it boys and girls)

and if you try real hard maybe you can even get, you know, kinda civilized·

(mesdames et messieurs, bon soir. this is joan of arc. tonio has asked me to personally deliver a rather special message. he say he just cannot get enough of my 15th-century wisdom. he say he loves it when i talk with him like this. and after many a saturday night of doing ze funky western civilization together, i know for a fact he agrees with me when i say [in french]:

you can bull **** the baker and get the buns

you can back out of every deal except one)

this is the funky

it's oh, so very spunky

all's you gotta do is find some little kid somewhere

and throw him way up in the air

(never mind the parents)

yes it's a funky

a funky western civilization

and it may seem kinda skunky, you know

but it's hitting every nation (all across the universe)

that's 'cause all's you gotta do is grab your partner by the hair

throw her down and leave her there

©1978 Worthless Music and Propane Publishing Co. (ASCAP)

The Constitution says we all have the right to vote. The Right in some states is trying to take away that right. I thought the Right was all about the Constitution.

The right is not trying to take that right away. They are trying to protect it because voter fraud is so rampant. It stuns me, sometimes, how unbelievably uninformed our electorate is.

The right is not trying to take that right away. They are trying to protect it because voter fraud is so rampant. It stuns me, sometimes, how unbelievably uninformed our electorate is.

Horribly uninformed, indeed. Very rampant.

Trying to cure a problem that doesn't exist in order to suppress the vote of people that Pubbies don't want voting.

Facts are fun.

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.

Really? Are you suggesting there is no voter fraud?

I'm saying voter fraud instances are extremely rare. In these voter id laws courts have been asking for proof and the states who have been trying to get these laws through have provided none. Part of why these disguised voter suppression tactics have been overturned or severely restricted.

You should stop parroting and trafficking in nonsense like this that has been debunked.

This is what is known as The Big Lie. There is zero evidence to support this statement, which has been repeatedly rejected by the federal courts in voting rights cases.

Complete BS.

Yep!

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

"The Brennan Centers ongoing examination of voter fraud claims reveal that voter fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is nearly non-existent, and much of the problems associated with alleged fraud in elections relates to unintentional mistakes by voters or election administrators. Our report "The Truth About Voter Fraud" reveals most allegations of fraud turn out to be baseless and that of the few allegations remaining, most reveal election irregularities and other forms of election misconduct. Click here for additional resources on fraud."

https://www.brennancenter.org/publication/truth-about-voter-fraud

With hundred of millions of votes cast... Only a handful of cases of fraud proven.

Horribly uninformed, indeed. Very rampant.

Trying to cure a problem that doesn't exist in order to suppress the vote of people that Pubbies don't want voting.

Facts are fun.

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.

Facts are also stubborn.

Here are 300 convictions...all of them sourced. State by state. Take your time. Dig in. Plenty of 'facts' to digest.

But hey, you know, you can find those 'facts' to support your ideology all day long. It's how the media makes such a killing.

Why can't a signature work for an affidavit? What is picture actually going to do? Do you want the power to deny voting in the hands of the election judge that may not think it is you.

A simple sig will suffice.

I doubt the authenticity, but 300 cases out of millions and millions of votes is rampant? :lol:

Exactly. Worth the risk of disenfranchising many, many more? Scare them away from polls.

Why can't a signature work for an affidavit? What is picture actually going to do? Do you want the power to deny voting in the hands of the election judge that may not think it is you.

A simple sig will suffice.

Those signatures are recorded and kept on an annual basis for easy comparison. It would be pretty easy to detect any fraud this way. Phony issue.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Perhaps your friend ( or you) haven't been paying attention. One of the founders of BLM was on CNN and asked about the Dallas police chiefs call for recruits. Her reply was that they wouldn't take that job because the system is already set. They want to take over policing their own neighborhoods. When asked about the lack of outcry from BLM about any of the murders in Chicago ( much of which is black on black violence) she avoided answering the question. So apprently black lives only matter when they are shot by police officers , regardless of the officers race. That shows you where they are coming from. The reason we can't get " there " with BLM is that their premise is racist and wrong . ( and yes there were video clips on various news outlets showing folks at BLM rallies making statement about " killing pigs".) BLM is standing up not only for those involved in police shootings that were simply horrible mistakes, but for the highly publicized ones that absolutely had some responsibility for their involvement. i.e not doing what the officer ordered them too etc. They don't seem to understand that the Police officer absolutely has a right to use deadly physical force under the color of law and will be indemnified if a reasonable person would feel that their life or lives of others were in danger. That doesn't mean the suspect has to aim a gun at them or even have it in their hand. Simply reaching for something or a sudden move is enough. They are different from a private citizen would be in that situation. It has to be that way: they need some advantage over the criminals or many many more cops would die in the line of duty. But a knucklehead like Kaepernik says these people are getting a free pass and paid leave like its a vacation. Shooting someone is traumatizing for most people including cops. It's the thugs on the street that will shoot and go on about their business. Kaepernick should familiarize himself with the law before he disrespects the country in the name of criminals and thugs.

^^this x1000.

This guy gets it. Colin, on the other hand, is clueless.

I could sign an affidavit that I didn't cheat on my taxes, if you promise to leave me alone. It's a great right and privledge, and I feel it's OK to require at least some minimal effort to exercise it.

Go to this link and click the hyperlink in the first paragraph. It'll take you do a PDF.

I read about the first 50 examples.

Most don't involve voter fraud by voters. More about people running for office submitting false addresses in order to run for a district they don't live in.

Also, in the first 50, they go back to the year 2000. If you follow the math out, it approximates the percentage of fraud I cited, which is miniscule.

Lastly, the data here comes from The Heritage Foundation, a Republican think tank, rather than a neutral source. But let's assume their numbers are accurate. This would still mean that voter fraud is probably near .00000013.