Kaepernick and the National Anthem

In just about 2 days, a fan site in one of the smallest NFL cities has reached over 50 pages of comments, screeds, anger et al so, yeah, it seems as though whether or not you agree with Kaepernick, the response on TBD proves that it was highly effective. You could hardly have expected this if you were Kaepernick and could hardly have asked for more. Front page news around the country, covered on all the newscasts, and so on. Which is the best retort to those around here of the opinion that "he should just keep his mouth shut." And for those of you who are of the opinion that he should be punished for "disrespecting" the flag and "disrespecting" the Constitution and "disrespecting" our vets, the flag represents the nation in whole, including jerks, the purpose of the Constitution is always to protect the rights of the minority against the tyranny of the majority, fully understanding that the minority opinion is quite often despised by the majority, and the vets served to uphold the rights, the often unpopular rights, of that minority.

We have the Constitution to protect the Kaepernick's of this nation from the bared-fang types who would do harm to those who exercise their rights while demanding they "get out of the country." It is those beastly types the Constitution is meant to chain and restrain. By exercising his unpopular viewpoint, Kaepernick honors the sacrifices of veterans (of which I am one), honors the Constitution and honors the flag. Those who condemn him are the Un-American ones.

Edited by yungmack

But as i mentioned history is the teacher. So go back further. To Europe perhaps and all the wonderful things they were doing pre USA.

There have always been divisions and dividing of peoples.

It ain't right by me, but it's not unique to the South/ North or United States.

My best friend in third grade was Choochie. we played football together in fun. He had a Packers helmet and had an early Redskins helmet.

I dont think i really realized he was black until i moved to new york. and i learned about racism

Odd. I could tell if someone was black by third grade. How old were you when you realized it?

Who has the money?

Rothschild. you were prodding me of course : )

and Now i am probably now on a list. as is 26.

Some of us have educated opinions and lay low about stuff. and then there is me. if we look at our interaction throughout this thread we might see good and bad. and bias and open minded folks. The open minded folks seem to have to work harder. The poor seem to have to work harder. I guess that's just how it goes eh ?

Dr Dre, Puff Daddy, Birdman.

What a stupid reply.

Take a look at the richest people in America, say the top 100. How many are black?

The wealthiest 100 households in the United States are wealthier than all the black people in the country combined.

Edited by Kemp

Why wouldn't Hillary want black people to vote ?

I'm not buying the ID thing. It's beyond simple at countless locations in my part of the world for all races.

Don't they need ID to get jobs ? How does that work ?

:thumbsup: jeez.. pretty much a common sense response? lets wait for The hyperbole.

What a stupid reply.

Take a look at the richest people in America, say the top 100. How many are black?

now isnt that insulting! "stupid reply".. ? chalk up an L.. for u.. try a bit harder .. insults are a lazy way ..

Edited by dwight in philly

yet. You know nothing of what I know? I don't give a **** to answer absurd questions. What you have studied amounts to nothing but a career with a looootttttttttt of fr3e time

Regardless. nothing you have stated is pure factual. So its your opinion

No.

He is correct.

I know little of NC politics. I know barely more of football.

But that stuff from him ain't no lie.

ask me about AIDS and the gays while reagan was in Cali.

I loathe conspiracy theorists, even though i have listened to one you previously mentioned. But there was a time when i did enough leg work to prove them wrong to know enough to vouch for his commentary.

I knew this would turn emotional

I'm fine with this kind of protest, except that when White people make protestations on the disproportionate Black on White crime, they are immediately attacked as racists.

crime is crime racism is racism no need to mix the two up I say !

No.

He is correct.

I know little of NC politics. I know barely more of football.

But that stuff from him ain't no lie.

ask me about AIDS and the gays while reagan was in Cali.

I loathe conspiracy theorists, even though i have listened to one you previously mentioned. But there was a time when i did enough leg work to prove them wrong to know enough to vouch for his commentary.

I knew this would turn emotional

crime is crime racism is racism no need to mix the two up I say !

i will ask you about "AIDS and the gays while reagan was in calif?" what happened.. very curious

GIGO

clue me on.. what does that mean ?

Edited by dwight in philly

What a stupid reply.

The wealthiest 100 households in the United States are wealthier than all the black people in the country combined.[/size]

You're right I forgot about yeezy and MJ, it was a joke settle down mister.

And I'm out. Y'all have fun with the white vs black stuff. It ain't my bag baby.

We have the Constitution to protect the Kaepernick's of this nation from the bared-fang types who would do harm to those who exercise their rights while demanding they "get out of the country." It is those beastly types the Constitution is meant to chain and restrain. By exercising his unpopular viewpoint, Kaepernick honors the sacrifices of veterans (of which I am one), honors the Constitution and honors the flag. Those who condemn him are the Un-American ones.

Uh, didn't you just contradict yourself?

i will ask you about AIDS and "the gays" while reagan was in calif? what happened.. very curious

Reagan refused to mention the word AIDS and ignored the epidemic.

The funny moment came when Surgeon General C Everett Koop had to give a public address about health. Reagan's people were always given his speech in advance, so Koop, knowing this, gave them the wrong document on purpose.

He then proceeded to talk about AIDS, infuriating Reagan and his people.

What a stupid reply.

The wealthiest 100 households in the United States are wealthier than all the black people in the country combined.

They're also wealthier than all the other white people in the country combine? So what?

What a stupid reply.

I think it is better asked , what is the ratio of poor to rich. and then the monetary difference. and are we limiting this to America?

The disparity of wealth does have some grounding in race. But should we consider the caste system? Much older.

When the ability to track historical DNA became relevant, and i mean at the archeological level, they found that man moved from N Africa into India and China mostly. Those are the histories that we should gaze upon first.

Haves and have nots have ALWAYS been.

The funny moment came when Surgeon General C Everett Koop had to give a public address about health. Reagan's people were always given his speech in advance, so Koop, knowing this, gave them the wrong document on purpose.

so.. point???

They're also wealthier than all the other white people in the country combine? So what?

I believe that is incorrect, but if you can give me a citation, I will admit the stat is meaningless.

so.. point???

It was an answer to a question. What don't you understand?

This ties in with the cocaine importation and drug use as Aids was more often shared with needles.

Nice recall Kemp. I have glommed so much i forget the details but stick with my conclusions at the time i made them Thats why i dont debate well anymore

I believe that is incorrect, but if you can give me a citation, I will admit the stat is meaningless.

It was an answer to a question. What don't you understand?

what the ;point is you are trying to make? u didnt bring the topic up about reagan.. but you chose to answer my question and have no friggin clue what you are talking about.. reagan made a speech.. left out AIDS.. ok.. carry on.. why not focus on your inaccuracies and continue?

This ties in with the cocaine importation and drug use as Aids was more often shared with needles.

Nice recall Kemp. I have glommed so much i forget the details but stick with my conclusions at the time i made them Thats why i dont debate well anymore

how in the hell is that perintent to this.. thats where im lost