Bills reach stadium naming rights agreement with New Era

YoloinOhio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember pedaling my banana bike from the east side all the way to the stadium to see it for myself right before the first game. I was 14.

Did Herb Mul-Key pass you?

Wait...so let me get this straight.

Buffalo was the only team who drafted a player #1, who choose to play for the CFL instead.

We then blocked his attempt to play in the NFL by matching the offer he signed elsewhere.

In turn we shipped him off to Cleveland in exchange for their 1983 1st round pick at #14.

We then use that pick on a QB who choose to go to the USFL for more money but after the USFL folds he comes back and leads this team to its greatest years ever.

And if he never went to the USFL, we probably would never have had the #1 pick in 1985 to grab another generational talent..

Yeah..I will gladly accept that title of losing the #1 player to the CFL.

Because without that distinction, we would never have had Jim Kelly and Bruce Smtih here in Buffalo.

And without those years, the fandom would probably not have grown into the proportion it has.

Things work out in mysterious ways!!

I never thought about the Bruce Smith angle to how this all played out. It is crazy how things that seem horrible at the time are blessings in disguise.

I never thought about the Bruce Smith angle to how this all played out. It is crazy how things that seem horrible at the time are blessings in disguise.

And if Donald Trump didn't screw up the USFL then Kelly never would have played here at all so, really, we should be thanking Donald Trump for being himself.

And if Donald Trump didn't screw up the USFL then Kelly never would have played here at all so, really, we should be thanking Donald Trump for being himself.

Another good point! I think I'll vote for him now!

Another good point! I think I'll vote for him now!

of course, on the flip side if Donald didn't screw up the USFL then Herschel Walker never gets to Dallas and Dallas can't trade him to Minnesota for everything that wasn't nailed down and then Dallas doesn't win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years - beating us twice.

You need to decide, could we have gotten through the AFC with Frank Reich - who we drafted in 1985 and another center because we wouldn't have had Hull either. If yes then you hate Donald Trump.

Edited by That's No Moon

of course, on the flip side if Donald didn't screw up the USFL then Herschel Walker never gets to Dallas and Dallas can't trade him to Minnesota for everything that wasn't nailed down and then Dallas doesn't win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years - beating us twice.

You need to decide, could we have gotten through the AFC with Frank Reich - who we drafted in 1985 and another center because we wouldn't have had Hull either. If yes then you hate Donald Trump.

If Kelly stays in the USFL, don't they just draft Marino instead?

For a good laugh search #rejectedbuffalostadiumnames on Twitter

Here's a link to some of the best

http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/best-of-the-brilliant-rejectedbuffalostadiumnames-hashtag-on-twitter/?utm_source=fantasyleaguegm.com

My favorites are In the Hunt Field and Mathematically Alive Stadium

"Please don't pee in the sinks Park." :lol:

Clearly whoever wrote that one has been there.

Good point. Now, I'm voting for HIllary!

If Kelly stays in the USFL, don't they just draft Marino instead?

No, they picked Kelly over Marino THEN he went to the USFL. They wouldn't get a do-over on that............Or, even a comb-over.

I am glad there is a place for rejected stand up comedians to play; if there wasn't they might play here.

why are you even here? Gtfo!

Silly question. Because he has not been banned yet.

Hopefully he will run for President of Russia soon.

All references to Ralph Wilson Stadium are being removed. It will be known as New Era Field, not New Era Field at RWS.

Deal is at least $5 mil a year.

I posted this in another topic. This is their team and they want their legacy all over it.

This must mean that the new stadium isn't happening anytime soon (within the next 20 years or so).

Pegs will decide in 2018-2019 whether or not they will build a stadium in downtown Buffalo. The decision depends on many things with one major item being a business deal that could net him a few more $$$.

New Era has the first right of refusal on naming rights for a new stadium.

is there a market for peed on stuff?

there was a market for things to pee on

back in the late 80s/early 90s when i had seasons before i moved away i would buy those 25 cent plastic football helmets from the vending machines at Tops

if we played the jets i'd bring the jets helmets i collected etc and throw them in the troughs so everyone could pi$$ on them. i spent a lot of money at times getting a helmet for an upcoming game- i think i still have 30 or 40 in basement

good times at Rich Stadium

Edited by Robert Paulson

I wonder if they will increase the crown of the field. Putting on a new era cap is like putting a circus tent on my head

That's where I was going.... They can done the stadium with a giant ball cap! That'd be appropriate

@bre_88

Breaking: New Era unveils New Bills Stadium name

Cp8PU_0WYAE6B1c.jpg

Winning July since 2016