It was this guy:

Shoshone

Probation

• photo-thumb-21032.jpg?_r=1382143290
  • Members
  • pip.png
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

New Era Field will be announced around the 17th- 18th. 6 year deal. The Pegs will decide in 2018-2019 whether or not they will build a new stadium in downtown. If so, Pegs will pay for it himself. If not, they will renovate our current stadium.

Signs are already going up in the stadium. It will take a at least a year to complete the transition but most of it should be done by opening day.

I posted about it in June

Also the guy that put the poison pill in the last lease that he signed with Erie County that made it nearly impossible for someone to buy the team and move it. Ralph wasn't perfect, but he brought a team to Buffalo, kept it here when he could have moved it for big money and made sure it stayed her after his death. That makes him aces in my book forever.

He wouldnt have got more money moving the Bills. This is a common misconception. The Wilsons got half a billion more than the Dolphins sold for a decade ago, it was a massively inflated price and Terry didn't care.

He wouldnt have got more money moving the Bills. This is a common misconception. The Wilsons got half a billion more than the Dolphins sold for a decade ago, it was a massively inflated price and Terry didn't care.

I think Chevy was talking about 20-30-40 years ago when Ralph could have made more money moving the team.

It's about time. Ralph Wilson Jr., despite the man love of the folks that run this website, was, without question, the worst owner in the history of the NFL. He ran a mostly disfunctional organization for decade after decade. The ONLY owner in the history of the NFL to lose the #1 draft choice in the draft to the Canadian Football league. An organization so dysfunctional that Jim Kelly fled to the USFL. READ HIS BOOK. A man so greedy that he gives up home field advantage by selling two games to Toronto, because the one billion dollar profit he made in franchise appreciation just wasn't enough. A meddling owner who substituted the judgement of his daughter for that of great coach Chuck Knox. Too cheap too resign Amad Radhad and Joe Cribbs. The incompetence and outright greed of this loser go on and on. Hey guys, rather than censor this post, how about actually answering, point by point, the facts presented here. Start with being the only owner in NFL history to lose a #1 pick to the CFL. And then go from there. Good luck. Probably easier to censor. Right?

Ralph was one of the best owners. He kept the Bills in Buffalo. And when he died, he made it inevitable that the team remained in Buffalo and gave much of his fortune to charity.

Yep, the Bills only won something like 46% of their games during his years of ownership. To me that matters little. I'd rather root for a .460 Buffalo Bills than a .600 L.A. Bills.

I do hope, though, that the New Era deal ushers in a new era of winning.

You have a terminally low level of understanding. Are you really too stupid to understand that there was no poison pill? The guy that bought this franchise was the guy (Pegula) who offered the most. By far. Just as Ralph designed. There was no other offer that came close to what Pegula paid. And the estate instructions Ralph left made it CLEAR that the team goes to highest bidder. How stupid are you that u that you cannot cannot understand that? Too dumb of course to address any of the greedy, dysfunctional moves your beloved owner made. Typical Buffalo loser.

I notice of course that you are way too stupid to actually address any point made in the post. Tell me, genius, your defense of Ralph losing the #1 pick in the entire draft to the CFL. You cannot, and it's clear to anybody you are way over your head. But go ahead, give it your best shot, genius. Love to hear it.

Yikes, Vegas, are the ad hominem attacks necessary? Do they make you feel better? They certainly aren't persuading anyone.

We're all Bills fans here - a band of brothers united by shared hopes and history. Let's show some respect.

Edited by hondo in seattle

New Era Should have waited until the new stadium was built to do this, 'New Era' Stadium/Field is going to look kinda funny as the name of one of the oldest (not fully upgraded/renovated to modern standards) stadiums in the NFL

Unless they start a trend of teams going back to old stadiums creating a 'New Era' of stadiums........

It's about time. Ralph Wilson Jr., despite the man love of the folks that run this website, was, without question, the worst owner in the history of the NFL. He ran a mostly disfunctional organization for decade after decade. The ONLY owner in the history of the NFL to lose the #1 draft choice in the draft to the Canadian Football league. An organization so dysfunctional that Jim Kelly fled to the USFL. READ HIS BOOK. A man so greedy that he gives up home field advantage by selling two games to Toronto, because the one billion dollar profit he made in franchise appreciation just wasn't enough. A meddling owner who substituted the judgement of his daughter for that of great coach Chuck Knox. Too cheap too resign Amad Radhad and Joe Cribbs. The incompetence and outright greed of this loser go on and on. Hey guys, rather than censor this post, how about actually answering, point by point, the facts presented here. Start with being the only owner in NFL history to lose a #1 pick to the CFL. And then go from there. Good luck. Probably easier to censor. Right?

Yep. The same guy who included a padlock provision in the last lease that essentially kept the Bills in Buffalo, which many hail as Ralph's last gift to Buffalo.

Well done for missing the point, jon bon jovi.

good luck with the new album.

I bet it sucks.

jw

Hey guys, rather than censor this post, how about actually answering, point by point, the facts presented here. Start with being the only owner in NFL history to lose a #1 pick to the CFL. And then go from there. Good luck. Probably easier to censor. Right?

Cousineau wanted to return to the NFL, and in 1982 the Houston Oilers attempted to sign him, but the Bills (who still held Cousineau's NFL rights) matched the offer. He was then traded from the Bills to the Cleveland Browns for a first-round draft choice (14th overall) in the 1983 NFL Draft.[4] That pick was used on future Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly.
Without Ralph Wilson would Buffalo have a AFL or NFL team ?
Edited by ALF

New Era Should have waited until the new stadium was built to do this, 'New Era' Stadium/Field is going to look kinda funny as the name of one of the oldest (not fully upgraded/renovated to modern standards) stadiums in the NFL

Unless they start a trend of teams going back to old stadiums creating a 'New Era' of stadiums........

It is a New Era in Bills ownership though.

For naming rights, you cant ask for a better partner than a hat!sports apparel company with a cool and applicable name?

On wilson... i could take vegas' side to some degree... and imo the team staying is one part pegulabucks and one part the timing of mr wilsons passing...

But im not in the mood to continue to tear him down and dont see what good it does. The bottom line is he is the father of the buffalo bills and they are still here on solid footing. He should have the highest honor on the history of the team.

I am Happy that a WNY Company is getting promoted and believe that RCW will live as a Legendary Owner in our hearts forever.

What I was fascinated about - sort of off topic from above - is that the when I hit the link about Cousineau - is that he was the #1 pic in draft - as Wikipedia helped me see why we had #1 is because we got that pick from San Francisco for trading OJ Simpson.

It brought Jim Kelly to us in a way you can't make up.

Now New Era is helping us bring in The New Era!

Go Bills!!!