Bills reach stadium naming rights agreement with New Era

YoloinOhio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about New Era Stadium. Ralph was a terrible owner and the main reason behind no playoffs for 15 years

This nonsense again. Without Ralph, the Bills are playing in LA or Toronto.

The Ralph criticism is so stupid. He brought the Bills here and prevented them from moving, after his death.

This nonsense again. Without Ralph, the Bills are playing in LA or Toronto.

The Ralph criticism is so stupid. He brought the Bills here and prevented them from moving, after his death.

And unfortunately, he will eventually be forgotten. That's just the way things go. I'd bet that a good number of Sabre fans today have no idea who the Knox brothers were. This stadium naming was going to happen some day, so at least it goes to a locally based company and will bring some money to the area. Their names will live on through the countless donations they made over the year and, to me, that's the most important part.

Let's not feel too sorry for Ralph and his memory. His estate received $1.4 Billion.

I will always appreciate Ralph for all he did for Buffalo and the Bills . . . and appreciate the terms of the lease. Nevertheless, because the sale was such that the team had to go to the highest bidder, the Pegulas paid a lot of freaking money to make sure that the team stayed in Buffalo.

Let's not feel too sorry for Ralph and his memory. His estate received $1.4 Billion.

I will always appreciate Ralph for all he did for Buffalo and the Bills . . . and appreciate the terms of the lease. Nevertheless, because the sale was such that the team had to go to the highest bidder, the Pegulas paid a lot of freaking money to make sure that the team stayed in Buffalo.

The estate is still supporting Buffalo with that money through many charitable contributions.

Why would they go through the effort of stadium naming rights if they're just going to destroy it a few years later?

They have the rights through the lease and first refusal if a new stadium is built. 26 posted the info on page 2.

The estate is still supporting Buffalo with that money through many charitable contributions.

I understand that. Nevertheless, the Pegulas had to pay the $1.4 B and operate a football team going forward.

Edited by Peter