Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was swelling, they would have waited to do the MRI. Since they did it yesterday I am guessing either there wasn't swelling or that was what actually caused them not being able to conclude anything.

Edited by YoloinOhio

We're very good at gibberish, thank you.

5 Star Urgent Care.

Excel at it myself .

If there was swelling, they would have waited to do the MRI. Since they did it yesterday I am guessing either there wasn't swelling or that was what actually caused them not being able to conclude anything.

well that is no help at all.

Maybe he went to the Midland Lee doctor and got upset at what he was told?

Except in the movie the initial doctor did the ligament test and told boobie he had a acl tear

the initial test on reggie did not suggest that (an NFL medical staff) and they sent him for MRI to be sure

I mean Im not saying its good or bad....only that its not automatically bad

They could be lying about it being inconclusive. I mean this is the Bills and they lie to us about everything, remember.

I'm going with he's got a little bit of pain, they don't see anything on the MRI, so it's inconclusive. Which could mean small meniscus tear.

maybe this just isn't the place for you jethro

I am completely for sites that allow freedom of expression and freedom from censorship. However it would be nice if people could occasionally self edit. The threads do get unwieldy in a hurry But usually an impressive amount of important Bills news gets told here first and that's what it's all about.

Except in the movie the initial doctor did the ligament test and told boobie he had a acl tear

the initial test on reggie did not suggest that (an NFL medical staff) and they sent him for MRI to be sure

I mean Im not saying its good or bad....only that its not automatically bad

Yea, I agree that we are all speculating right now. Getting a second opinion means just that. Getting more information so a decisions can be made. If it was a clear cut ACL tear I think we would know that by now.

Like everyone who is a Bills fan, I am hoping for the best and bracing for the worse case.

Yea, I agree that we are all speculating right now. Getting a second opinion means just that. Getting more information so a decisions can be made. If it was a clear cut ACL tear I think we would know that by now.

Like everyone who is a Bills fan, I am hoping for the best and bracing for the worse case.

Thats really the only way to view it till something CONCLUSIVE is shared.

Simple Definition of conclusive
  • : showing that something is certainly true

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

I am completely for sites that allow freedom of expression and freedom from censorship. However it would be nice if people could occasionally self edit. The threads do get unwieldy in a hurry But usually an impressive amount of important Bills news gets told here first and that's what it's all about.

I would hope you are able to sift through the posts and get your hard data as needed.

I think the board offers a wide range of info , opinion , arguments , discussion and then some of us busting balls about obtuse comments such as;

"They shoot horses don't they "

Which was a book . Commenting on putting down lame horses and applying it conceptually to humans. Thank gosh we do not do that around here.

Edited by 3rdand12

Optimistic take:

We could have 3 first round picks playing their first games for us next season.

Shaq, Reggie (we wanted him in the 1st so I'll consider him one), TBD

:(

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Haha unfortunately that's how i see it too.

But of course you do. Hey, it's probably Brandon who insisted the lid be kept on a season ending injury for fear losing our 2nd round LB would impact ticket sales.

I'll take trim over surgery every time.

Especially when there's swelling involved. :devil:

Once again; 2 Words.....Rusty Jones

Third and fourth words... is retired.

Clinical, MRI, and arthroscopic correlation in meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament injuries

The aim of this prospective study was to compare and correlate clinical, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and arthroscopic findings in cases of meniscal tear and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. MRI scan results and clinical diagnosis are compared against the arthroscopic confirmation of the diagnosis. One hundred and thirty-one patients had suspected traumatic meniscal or anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury. Clinical examination had better sensitivity (0.86 vs. 0.76), specificity (0.73 vs. 0.52), predictive values, and diagnostic accuracy in comparison to MRI scan in diagnosis for medial meniscal tears. These parameters showed only marginal difference in lateral meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament injuries. We conclude that carefully performed clinical examination can give equal or better diagnosis of meniscal and ACL injuries in comparison to MRI scan. MRI may be used to rule out such injuries rather than to diagnose them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2899202/

There you go dummies. :nana:

How is it called getting a second opinion when the first is an MRI that's inconclusive?

Well, actually the Radiologist reads the images and gives a report to the orthopedic surgeon who analyzes the images, reads the report and forms his own opinion and recommends treatment options based on that analysis. So it could actually be a second or third opinion. That's my opinion.

Clinical, MRI, and arthroscopic correlation in meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament injuries

The aim of this prospective study was to compare and correlate clinical, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and arthroscopic findings in cases of meniscal tear and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. MRI scan results and clinical diagnosis are compared against the arthroscopic confirmation of the diagnosis. One hundred and thirty-one patients had suspected traumatic meniscal or anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury. Clinical examination had better sensitivity (0.86 vs. 0.76), specificity (0.73 vs. 0.52), predictive values, and diagnostic accuracy in comparison to MRI scan in diagnosis for medial meniscal tears. These parameters showed only marginal difference in lateral meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament injuries. We conclude that carefully performed clinical examination can give equal or better diagnosis of meniscal and ACL injuries in comparison to MRI scan. MRI may be used to rule out such injuries rather than to diagnose them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2899202/

There you go dummies. :nana:

That's just a tad bit long for a quotation. Next time please keep it to a sentence or 3.

Thank you

Well, actually the Radiologist reads the images and gives a report to the orthopedic surgeon who analyzes the images, reads the report and forms his own opinion and recommends treatment options based on that analysis. So it could actually be a second or third opinion. That's my opinion.

I second that opinion