RD 3, Pick 80: DT Adolphus Washington, The Ohio State U

Beerball

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's easier to find 3s that can play the zero rather than vice versa. Too much worry about "true nose tackles" when it just isn't a concern. We've got several guys that can line up over the nose, but we don't play that exclusively, anyway. Need big guys who can shoot gaps more.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, that he can do.

How he'll hold up against the run is my concern.

Yes we needed a safety and a WR and either would have seen substantial playing time if not start. This guy is only going to play on 3rd downs if ever

Which safety and WR would have seen substantial playing time?

If ever? You think he may never play at all? And we should take your opinion seriously?

4/27/16: Washington turned in an excellent regular season and looked like an early round talent with his combination of size and quickness on the defensive line. However following his impressive season, he landed an arrest for solicitation. Sources say that by the time of the 2016 NFL Draft they don't think it will be a big factor, and to reinforce that view, the charges against him were dropped. In speaking with teams, Washington is being projected to Day 2.

Washington had an impressive week at the Senior Bowl. He used his speed and power to dominate the first practice. In the following days he was good, but not as great. Still, Washington looked like a late first-round talent in Mobile.

Yes we needed a safety and a WR and either would have seen substantial playing time if not start. This guy is only going to play on 3rd downs if ever

Ehh, there are only so many balls to go around on Offense with Sammy, Clay, Woods, McCoy, Karlos. A rookie #2 is a rotational player at best.

I wish we would've draft offense with this pick. We get all these defensive players and Rex still won't know how to use all this talent. If we didn't hire Rex last year, we wouldn't even be drafting defense lineman this year. Mike Pettine got better outcome out of our front seven than Rex. Wish we would've draft WR or offensive tackle.

Edited by Hanoverbills

He is? What did he do last year? He seems to have had his best numbers as a #3 slot receiver. Our offense looked a lot more explosive when Harvin was healthy for a short time.

Played with a groin injury all year basically. Woods hgas been serviceable

A little off topic...But I think we just said goodbye Connor Cook, Dak Prescott, and Cardale Jones...We'll see if I'm right...But I doubt any of those 3 will be there when #139 comes around... B-)

This draft has honestly been weird for every team. It really does look like most teams are planning on no one having a good qb for a long time. Other than the obvious to picks. One might fall to the 5th. I don't count on it but it could happen.

It's not about a #2. We need a burner. Our offense was very different with Harvin out there

Exactly. I've been crying about needing a number two, but you said it far better. We need another threat at the WR position. No one is afraid of Bob Woods. We only have one playmaker at that position. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

This draft has honestly been weird for every team. It really does look like most teams are planning on no one having a good qb for a long time. Other than the obvious to picks. One might fall to the 5th. I don't count on it but it could happen.

If none of them go by the end of the day there is a chance!

Yes...I'm saying there's a chance... :lol:

John Ledyard's Take:

80. Buffalo Bills: DT Adolphus Washington, Ohio State

490442940.jpg?w=150&h=100

Analysis: I’m not a fan of Washington at all. Got bullied against the run all year and no prospect was on the ground more when I watched him. He’s a good pass rusher who will play in the nickel, but not sure if he’ll ever be much more.

Which safety and WR would have seen substantial playing time?

If ever? You think he may never play at all? And we should take your opinion seriously?

Yea because in case you didn't know we have Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams. Take my word for it, this guy ain't starting over those guys lol

I wish we would've draft offense with this pick. We get all these defensive players and Rex still won't know how to use all this talent. If we didn't hire Rex last year, we wouldn't even be drafting defense lineman this year. Mike Pettine got better outcome out of our front seven than Rex. Wish we would've draft WR or offensive tackle.

It feels like we tore apart the defense just to rebuild it. It makes me dislike Rex more than I did before. Wade Phillips seemed to do fine with the talent he was given to work with in Denver. I didn't see him have to tear it apart to rebuild it in his likeness. There's a quality defense coach. Rex is a snake oil salesman.

4/27/16: Washington turned in an excellent regular season and looked like an early round talent with his combination of size and quickness on the defensive line. However following his impressive season, he landed an arrest for solicitation. Sources say that by the time of the 2016 NFL Draft they don't think it will be a big factor, and to reinforce that view, the charges against him were dropped. In speaking with teams, Washington is being projected to Day 2.

Washington had an impressive week at the Senior Bowl. He used his speed and power to dominate the first practice. In the following days he was good, but not as great. Still, Washington looked like a late first-round talent in Mobile.

Just to fill in the blanks...he has to complete a program "John School" within a certain time frame for the charges to be permanently dropped. May have already completed it...

If ever? o_O

Put away the Jump to Conclusions Mat and let's let things play out a bit. Yeesh....

You taking Kyle Williams or Marcel Dareus off the field for this guy? Its already been said of anything they might let Shaq play inside in the nickel. Based on that this was a complete waste of a pick besides depth

Yea because in case you didn't know we have Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams. Take my word for it, this guy ain't starting over those guys lol

We're not talking about starting, it's about rotating. And if Williams missing half the season again, he will play. lol????

If none of them go by the end of the day there is a chance!

Yes...I'm saying there's a chance... :lol:

Come on man. You know what I mean. I honestly would only expect 1 of them to go in round 3 at most. Teams are going at this draft in a different way this year. Seems like teams are going safe instead of taking a chance at something special.

You taking Kyle Williams or Marcel Dareus off the field for this guy? Its already been said of anything they might let Shaq play inside in the nickel. Based on that this was a complete waste of a pick besides depth

Are you completely unaware of the fact that KW will be 33 years old in June, and coming off a knee injury? Or are you just ignoring that fact? B-)

Williams and Dareus will play every down this season?? Is that the point you are trying to make?

We're not talking about starting, it's about rotating. And if Williams missing half the season again, he will play. lol????

That's what I said. He will play 3rd downs if ever. He won't start. We need starters at safety and WR

Come on man. You know what I mean. I honestly would only expect 1 of them to go in round 3 at most. Teams are going at this draft in a different way this year. Seems like teams are going safe instead of taking a chance at something special.

True...I agree...It's been a REAL strange Draft... B-)