RD 3, Pick 80: DT Adolphus Washington, The Ohio State U

Beerball

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if the team is passing on first and 2nd down and lining up 5 receivers... does he still only play on third down? You know teams don't just run on 1st and 2nd, and only throw on 3rd down. What about 2 minute offense, does KW stay on the field every play?

This guy won't even see third downs. In order to draw in more Canadian fans - Pegula is waiving 3rd downs and going straight to 4th!

This pick just doesn't do it for me. He's a rotational guy and you don't pick for 40 picks after the trade up. Too early for a rotational guy.

Agreed. If you don't play 3 downs I think you are a 4th round pick. That would be my rule minus the exception. I don't think this qualifies as the exception.

Braxton would have been nice, but this isn't a bad pick. You have to get after the QB, and the more fast d-lineman you can rotate in and out, the easier it will be to wear down the o-line. I believe Doug has taken the drop-off in sacks from 2014 to 2015 personal and he is doing something about it.

Adolphus was a 5 star defensive end from Cincinnati that committed to The Ohio State University before Urban Meyer got the head coaching gig. He is huge and very athletic (could be playing in the NBA if he wanted to). Washington is a natural Defensive End and actually got the starting gig for the Buckeyes over Joey Bosa. But an injury sidelined him, Bosa came in and never relinquished the spot. So, (because he was so versatile) Urban Meyer asked him to move to Defensive Tackle, where he gained weight and dominated for two years. I have no doubt that Bosa would not have had the career he had without Washington lining up next to him.

Adolphus Washington can become anything Rex wants him to become. Think of a Swiss army knife. His potential is limitless.