RD 3, Pick 80: DT Adolphus Washington, The Ohio State U

Beerball

You taking Kyle Williams or Marcel Dareus off the field for this guy? Its already been said of anything they might let Shaq play inside in the nickel. Based on that this was a complete waste of a pick besides depth

Yes. You take Kyle Williams off the field on passing downs and you replace him with Washington.

Really. You do.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's Take:

• Adolphus Washington Ohio State DT

• Buffalo

• dm_160416_NFL_Draft_36_Adolphus_Washingt watch.png Video Highlights
  • What he brings:Washington is a one-gap penetrator who is best fit as a 3-technique for a base 4-3 front. He doesn't have point-of-attack skills as a run defender, and he becomes far less effective when he plays with high pad level. Washington, however, has the first-step quickness and active hands to squeeze through gaps and create disruption, both as run defender and as a pass-rusher on the interior.

How he fits:DT Kyle Williams is 32 years old and missed 10 games with a knee injury last year, so Buffalo needed to add depth on the interior defensive line. The Bills continue to strengthen the front seven with Washington, who is a one-gap penetrator who provides interior pass rushing help. -- Kevin Weidl

If he can pick up the defense I don't think he's only a 3rd down rusher. We need someone besides Kyle and MD up front.

he started out as an edge rusher and got moved inside when Bosa and Spence arrived. He is pretty versatile but he's more of a pass rusher than an interior run stuffer. The prostitute thing was somewhat of a surprise as he has no issues prior. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yes. You take Kyle Williams off the field on passing downs and you replace him with Washington.

Really. You do.

Thanks for the input without reading what was said between me and this guy. I told him this guy is only a 3rd down guy. He said how do I know. I said because we have kyle williams for 1st and 2nd down. Pretty obvious but thanks

Thanks for the input without reading what was said between me and this guy. I told him this guy is only a 3rd down guy. He said how do I know. I said because we have kyle williams for 1st and 2nd down. Pretty obvious but thanks

what if the team is passing on first and 2nd down and lining up 5 receivers... does he still only play on third down? You know teams don't just run on 1st and 2nd, and only throw on 3rd down. What about 2 minute offense, does KW stay on the field every play?

Rex is going to be running these guys in and out so much I'm not sure any of us will be able to keep track of it...

Dareus will play the most...The rest will rotate in...

My point is, the quicker he can pick up the D the more plays he's gonna get.

Outside of MD and hopefully Kyle, we're not all that stout at DL. I don't think a big fat guy in the middle is as much of a necessity add many here seen to believe.

You said that when I was typing my response.

Nice snark.

Please drop it.

Rex is going to be running these guys in and out so much I'm not sure any of us will be able to keep track of it...

Dareus will play the most...The rest will rotate in...

Will all 9 players be on the field by the time Rob calls the play a few seconds after the snap?

Side note. Billings must have kicked somebody's puppy.

5 thing to know about DT Adolphus Washington
The Bills went defense a third time in round three selecting Ohio State DT Adolphus Washington.

2016 Draft Profile: DT Adolphus Washington, Ohio St (2:18)
Take a look at the college highlights of Ohio State defensive tackle Adolphus Washington.

Watch: Bills pick Adolphus Washington No. 80 (2:02)
The Buffalo Bills select former Ohio State defensive tackle Adolphus Washington with the No. 80 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.