RD 3, Pick 80: DT Adolphus Washington, The Ohio State U

Beerball

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they can grab a space eater in the 4th or 5th. Maybe they feel like they can nab a vet NT as Rex's NT's have never been high up picks. Seems like Adolphus is a long term replacement for Kyle. Don't love the pick, don't hate it. Good to see that they are loading up on front 7 talent. In the past 4-5 drafts the front office seems to be in tune with what the needs on the roster are.

Just seems like a need pick - can't imagine he was BPA on their board...

I think the opposite. He was bpa so they took him despite a rotational pass rusher not being a major need because the guy is a beast.

We really needed a offense in that spot, but this is what you get with Rex. Who needs offense? The genius Rex has it all under control.

Uh, Rex doesn't decide who we draft.

Adolphus was a 5 star defensive end from Cincinnati that committed to The Ohio State University before Urban Meyer got the head coaching gig. He is huge and very athletic (could be playing in the NBA if he wanted to). Washington is a natural Defensive End and actually got the starting gig for the Buckeyes over Joey Bosa. But an injury sidelined him, Bosa came in and never relinquished the spot. So, (because he was so versatile) Urban Meyer asked him to move to Defensive Tackle, where he gained weight and dominated for two years. I have no doubt that Bosa would not have had the career he had without Washington lining up next to him.

Adolphus Washington can become anything Rex wants him to become. Think of a Swiss army knife. His potential is limitless.

You're saying that Adolphus Washington is... http://www.zombo.com

@walterfootball

Grade for the #Bills picking #OSU DT Adolphus Washington - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades3.php

Buffalo Bills: Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State C+ Grade
Adolphus Washington was one of the worst testers at the NFL Combine. His stock sunk as a result, as teams weren't interested in one of the worst athletes in the entire draft class. Washington's size is a plus, but that's all he has. Making matters worse, there are some character concerns with him, albeit minor ones. The Bills probably could've obtained Washington a round later.

Hopefully they can grab a space eater in the 4th or 5th. Maybe they feel like they can nab a vet NT as Rex's NT's have never been high up picks. Seems like Adolphus is a long term replacement for Kyle. Don't love the pick, don't hate it. Good to see that they are loading up on front 7 talent. In the past 4-5 drafts the front office seems to be in tune with what the needs on the roster are.

Who was the NT they signed in the preseason from Seattle last year and then was one of the last cuts? Is he available?

Robert Woods is a legitimate #2. We already have him.

You can't say that on this board. Everyone thinks he's just a good blocker and a special teams guy, even though he has great hands, durability and gets open.

But some college 3rd round pick was gonna come in camp and show Woods how its done in the NFL. Right.

Some dude named Dareus is certainly not bad at it either... B-)

Yeah another penetrating DT in Washington just allows for more multiple fronts which is what Rex loves to do. We will embarrass some teams that aren't able to exploit our backers, I remain worried about our LB's and safeties in coverage. Certainly do have a handful of teams that won't be able to take advantage of that though. Ravens, Rams, Jetsx2, Phinsx2, 9ers, Browns. Could be an easy 8 wins vs. teams that struggle to get the ball out.

Would he be a 3-4 end?

Signing Corbin back and Dareus... what exactly is Rex's defense.... we have lawson who is going to play? Outside backer? Ragland in the middle? Are they staying with the nose we already have in Barnes? Are we going to run that "multiple front". Whats going on?

Yes we needed a safety and a WR and either would have seen substantial playing time if not start. This guy is only going to play on 3rd downs if ever

He'll rotate in during nickel situations. You can't draft only for today. The GM has to be concerned with the long term as well. Kyle is closer to the end than the beginning. Washington has talent to be more than a rotational player. And for now, rotational player is all he needs to be. Dareus and Kyle need breathers. Bryant and Washington can rotate in. I don't see what's so difficult about that concept. Charles and Carrington are not coming back. Wynn is moved to OLB. Need DL who can play different spots on the line.

We don't need a starting WR. Woods can do that. Safety we need, but that's why they signed Blanton. And the draft is not over. They might still draft a S, WR and QB and get UDFA's at those positions as well.

You can't say that on this board. Everyone thinks he's just a good blocker and a special teams guy, even though he has great hands, durability and gets open.

But some college 3rd round pick was gonna come in camp and show Woods how its done in the NFL. Right.

LoL. I know. Makes no sense. People act like they've never seen Woods make some hellified catches. If he's healthy, we're fine at #2 WR.

A little off topic...But I think we just said goodbye Connor Cook, Dak Prescott, and Cardale Jones...We'll see if I'm right...But I doubt any of those 3 will be there when #139 comes around... B-)

I have already said bye bye to them. Its pretty sad to think. They are "all in" on EJ evidently.