RD 2, Pick 41: LB Reggie Ragland, University of Alabama

Beerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I asked you. Do this...list the starting 11 as you see them. 3-4-4

Then add 1-2 DBs depending on your preference.

Now, tell me who you are pulling off the field. I don't see this as a concern.

Well, nickel would go 3-3-5. You would have 3 LBs on the field. I would guess Hughes and S.Lawson aren't coming off the field with Zach Brown as the Mike. I mean, I thought that's why we got Brown, he's one of the fastest ILBs in the league.

Time for some deep breathing exercises all around.

commonsense & Scott Law...the general population understands your takes. No reason to keep coming back for more.

Gen pop...your position is well documented. You aren't going to change their opinions and they aren't going to change yours so drop it.

So...until pick 80 I don't expect to see any more back & forth.

Capisce?

commonsense & Scott Law...the general population understands your takes. No reason to keep coming back for more.

Gen pop...your position is well documented. You aren't going to change their opinions and they aren't going to change yours so drop it.

Capisce?

Cheers, thanks.

Capisce?

Thank you, Beersphere

Love how everyone talks about his obvious deficiencies. Defensive player of the year in the best conference, unquestioned defensive leader of the literal National Champion, but yah obv. no good lol.

I wasn't a Ragland guy at 19. I think that he is limited athlete. At the same time I think that he is a long-term, solid starter. That is a win to me at 49.

Capisce?

you forgot to call them all "sparky".

Well, nickel would go 3-3-5. You would have 3 LBs on the field. I would guess Hughes and S.Lawson aren't coming off the field with Zach Brown as the Mike. I mean, I thought that's why we got Brown, he's one of the fastest ILBs in the league.

OK. I think they'll be in 6 DBs plenty too, but...if Brown is the 3rd LB then Ragland coming off is not an issue.

So, you must believe that the 41st pick is too high for someone who may come off the field often. Do I finally get it?

So, you must believe that the 41st pick is too high for someone who may come off the field often. Do I finally get it?

That's basically it. I'm not really trashing the pick, I just wasn't that thrilled with it.

Anyways, we're on to the 3rd round.

Oh boy. This feels like a Rex move -- so obsessed with stopping the run.

Not too thrilled about this, but on the bright side our current ILB's are so terrible it's almost guaranteed he starts.

yeah, stopping the run is so overrated. Let's go back to giving up 200 yards a game. That worked so well.

In the spirit of common civility and being bills fans.....can I ask the two what way they would have gone now that they have seen how rounds 1 and 2 have played out?

Yes, via PM.

Listen, I don't care who says what as long is it doesn't get personal and as long as I don't feel that we're rehashing things that were rehashed 4 pages back.

All y'all are getting too much of a testosterone rush.

I deleted one of my own posts earlier in this thread because I crossed the line.

Keep it civil. Don't pile on. Don't get personal.

In the spirit of common civility and being bills fans.....can I ask the two what way they would have gone now that they have seen how rounds 1 and 2 have played out?

Sure. I would taken Deion Jones, Cravens who both would compliment Lawson much better than Ragland- in my opinion of course. With Lawson you get a speed to power guy as Whaley said, he excels at that and the less he is in coverage the better player he will be. Another option was stay put and wait for Reed, Billings to fall to 49 and get MD out of the middle and let him work. Both options would have made the defense more multiple and not have cost as much. Drafting Ragland pushes Preston to depth and if Rex and Doug don't trust him in the middle so be it. Here we are lets see how it goes.

Sure. I would taken Deion Jones, Cravens who both would compliment Lawson much better than Ragland- in my opinion of course. With Lawson you get a speed to power guy as Whaley said, he excels at that and the less he is in coverage the better player he will be. Another option was stay put and wait for Reed, Billings to fall to 49 and get MD out of the middle and let him work. Both options would have made the defense more multiple and not have cost as much. Drafting Ragland pushes Preston to depth and if Rex and Doug don't trust him in the middle so be it. Here we are lets see how it goes.

According to Whaley Brown is going to stay at Mike and Ragland will play Will. So it won't push him to depth. I think the knock on Ragland's speed has been overblown, he's not a slow LB, he's just average. That being said I'm not sure he has the speed to play Will, I'd have pegged him more as a Mike but I guess we'll see.

According to Whaley Brown is going to stay at Mike and Ragland will play Will. So it won't push him to depth. I think the knock on Ragland's speed has been overblown, he's not a slow LB, he's just average. That being said I'm not sure he has the speed to play Will, I'd have pegged him more as a Mike but I guess we'll see.[/quote

We will see how it shakes out, sounds like Preston will have to ward off Zach Brown.

That's interesting. He also said if they worked out a trade with Cleveland they would've taken him 1st in the 2nd round.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting how he said they identified they wanted to trade up for Ragland and started working on it LAST NIGHT. Means Jack was never in play.

I like it. ID the top talent and go and get your guys.