RD 2, Pick 41: LB Reggie Ragland, University of Alabama

Beerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it. We left Jerran Reed and Michael Thomas on the board for a LB that is slow, over pursues, misses tackles, and has an enlarged aorta, AND we gave up two 4th round picks to do it. Ugh. Hate it.

Yeah I'm with you. Too much to give up. I wanted a move up but not two fourth rounders for a guy that can only play 40% of the defensive snaps. Reed would have been the better choice. Maybe best to sit tight and take BPA. Then save those fourths to move into the third round and take the FSU PK.

None taken, Talley was a warrior, Warriors aren't the way of the NFL anymore. The game is trending in a totally different direction and adapting is paramount.

what does that mean....a warrior? He was a LB...this is a good pick....you just like hating everything. Why are you even a fan? if you can't be optimistic in the off-season what is the point?

theyre gonna take Reader in the 4th round for a true NT. Ill bet my socks we will draft a true NT/DT before this draft ends.

If we do get a good NT I'll be better with this pick, but man... it's a tough pill to swallow for me, taking an ILB when a huge, impact NT in Jerran Reed was there. Gotta get that top NT to free up the ILBs to make plays.

Yeah I'm with you. Too much to give up. I wanted a move up but not two fourth rounders for a guy that can only play 40% of the defensive snaps. Reed would have been the better choice. Maybe best to sit tight and take BPA. Then save those fourths to move into the third round and take the FSU PK.

you don't want to trade up for a LB but you will for a K...and in the 3rd round?

what does that mean....a warrior? He was a LB...this is a good pick....you just like hating everything. Why are you even a fan? if you can't be optimistic in the off-season what is the point?

I hate everything? You have me confused with someone else. I'm critical of being stuck in the same ole line of thinking but far from the hate everything type.

Love this trade up to get this kid. I remember when most these same people were complaining about Kiko pick and then the Preston pick. Our FO has proven they can pick LB's and now this is the highest graded and most upside guy yet and people still bashing it.

You were wrong the other times, and I bet you're wrong this time. This kid is a beast at LB. People whining about covering Gronk...well if we only drafted a LB who covered Gronk...then guess what, we would always be drafting LBs because odds are no one we take can cover Gronk and he's one of the 5 best players in the league.

So why worry about just Gronk, which was never going to find a LB who magically covers Gronk in the 2nd like an All Pro, and focus on the best overall LB available, and graded by many as the best ILB overall in the draft.

But nothing new, same people who wine over every pick every year for the most part. Yet Whaley has been having very good drafts and this might be his best yet.