RD 2, Pick 41: LB Reggie Ragland, University of Alabama

Beerball

Pleased with the first two rounds overall. Got a guy I didn't think would be there in the 1st and then a ILB who was projected to go in the 1st in the 2nd. Nice haul so far

Edited by H2o

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp, if you want to believe Whaley they got the top 2 guys they were considering at 19. It was a position of need, they filled it.

Now...DT, WR, S and I'll feel more comfortable going into 2016.

I really wanted a WR, but not sure how much we will really use them with a run first offense and Watkins, Woods, Clay and Shady....

When people say a 2 down LB what do they mean? Does that mean all teams run the ball on 1st and 2nd down and that's all he'll play?

It means if a player subs out in packages he's terrible.

When did 4th round picks become gold?

Seriously is there anything that would make some of you happy?

Some people will never like any pick.

If you get two impact starters in any draft you're lucky. It only cost us a pair of 4th rounders i'll take it.

I like Whaley's style.

I like the pick. Everyone talks about how it's a waste of money to have Marcel at NT, so why spend an early pick when we can wait until the mid to late rounds to grab a big boy? Like someone said DJ reader could be a plug and play, and I also like Nile Lawrence-Stample out of FSU in the later rounds. We needed a legitimate LB in the draft, and we got one.

Also, I am seeing more info about how similar Alabama's scheme is to ours, which is a good head start.

Edited by Clemson Bills Fan

If we do get a good NT I'll be better with this pick, but man... it's a tough pill to swallow for me, taking an ILB when a huge, impact NT in Jerran Reed was there. Gotta get that top NT to free up the ILBs to make plays.

Im also surprised with the pick and that we traded up just to get Ragland. Wont make a real judgement till I see who else gets drafted and where in this round. 3rd round we probably go WR, QB, S or NT/DT.

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 32s33 seconds ago

Reggie Ragland was THE on-field leader of the national champion's defense. Leadership is so key, and was lacking on the #Bills D last year.

Yes this is where I understand the pick, and the fact we have no stand out LBs on the roster.

Wait, this guy says he can play all 3 downs...experts here say that's impossible

all the pro scouts here know everything... DAAAAAAAaaaa

Whaley had a fantastic draft last year and what is shaping up like another one this year

Edited by gordong

Did we have a second round pick before we made the selection? Did we have a 4th this year and next? How many do we have now? That's investing 3 picks into a guy who didn't play 3rd down in NCG and to top it off he has heart problems.

So we had a pick in the second round, we used the pick to get this guy in the second round, and that means we lost the pick?

Leeeee Haarrrvey. YOU are a MADMAN! I want to party with you, cowboy!

Well, if his interview with John Murphy is any indication, I think we may have found a very mature young man in Reggie Ragland. I seem to recall he dispelled some of the "two down" concerns during his week at the Senior Bowl. I hope that's true.

GO BILLS!!!

None taken, Talley was a warrior, Warriors aren't the way of the NFL anymore. The game is trending in a totally different direction and adapting is paramount.

The NFL may WANT to trend toward the pass game, however the majority of the NFL QBs worth anything are nearing 40 years old. I simply don’t see the top QB talent being replenished. The running game is going to make a comeback when these young QBs start proving they can’t play like Brady, Manning, Brees…ect.
Edited by 1billsfan

Im also surprised with the pick and that we traded up just to get Ragland. Wont make a real judgement till I see who else gets drafted and where in this round. 3rd round we probably go WR, QB, S or NT/DT.

Yes this is where I understand the pick, and the fact we have no stand out LBs on the roster.

Dude, you have Ragland in your sig at 19...

I like the pick. Everyone talks about how it's a waste of money to have Marcel at NT, so why spend an early pick when we can wait until the mid to late rounds to grab a big boy? Like someone said DJ reader could be a plug and play, and I also like Nile Lawrence-Stample out of FSU in the later rounds. We needed a legitimate LB in the draft, and we got one.

Also, I am seeing more info about how similar Alabama's scheme is to ours, which is a good head start.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people want to use an early pick on a 2 gap DT/NT. You can get those guys in the middle rounds usually.