RD 2, Pick 41: LB Reggie Ragland, University of Alabama

Beerball

Oh boy. This feels like a Rex move -- so obsessed with stopping the run.

Not too thrilled about this, but on the bright side our current ILB's are so terrible it's almost guaranteed he starts.

I just don't understand how you can think one while also thinking the other.

For real?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out to eat. Just getting back now. They had the draft on TV there but I couldn't hear it. Did you guys all freak out when they traded up? Everyone had to be thinking QB. Who trades up to get a MLB besides the Bills?!

Anyhow, I think Ragland will be a good player but I'm concerned that they think he can be the weak side LB. Typically that's a super athletic guy like Bradham or Kiko. I would have pegged Ragland as the thumper guy like what Preston Brown does. I guess we'll see! Whaley wanted him at 19 if Shaq wasn't there so that'd pretty telling

I wasn't think QB at all. Round three or later.

This also annoys me.

Rex is living in the past. Kicking the **** out of the QB means A LOT more then stopping the rush.... But Rex is smarter than everyone.

We get it. In a thread about Reggie Ragland, youve made your feelings on Rex perfectly clear multiple times. You got anything else?

Scared?

After watching last season I don't expect it to get any better. The defense may get better but I can see the offense taking a step back as we sacrafice this draft for Rexy.

No confidence in their abilities. Scared to see what becomes of the team under their tutelage.

At the same time, I cannot be unhappy with the talent that is being given to them.

Unless you know that Ragland would have been available at 49 then how can you say he fell to us? You preferred Ragland over Lawson or you thought Lawson would be gone by 19? If it's the latter you CANNOT be disappointed in how this draft has worked out.

2 4th round picks...BFD.

I am not disappointed at all. I thought Lawson would be gone before 19 realistically, then a million trades and Tunsil sliding changed a lot. I think this draft has really worked out in our favor so far

EDIT: I said fell to us because I thought someone in the 1st AFTER 19 would have drafted him, I was wrong tho.

Edited by Marty McFly

Scared?

After watching last season I don't expect it to get any better. The defense may get better but I can see the offense taking a step back as we sacrafice this draft for Rexy.

Sacrifice? The Bills have studs at #1 WR, RB, and TE, very good OL at LT, LG, C, a promising QB, and some decent backups at WR, RB, and TE. I think Miller will be a lot better in his second season. That leaves RT. Not a whole lot in the draft, but they still a chance to address it. They weren't going to take a RT with either of their top-2 picks.

Sacrifice? The Bills have studs at #1 WR, RB, and TE, very good OL at LT, LG, C, a promising QB, and some decent backups at WR, RB, and TE. I think Miller will be a lot better in his second season. That leaves RT. Not a whole lot in the draft, but they still a chance to address it. They weren't going to take a RT with either of their top-2 picks.

If the guys on offense stay healthy, they will be good with the talent on hand.

But....you wanted him in the first. So that means you don't think a first round pick is worth a 2d and two fourths?

Depends who the pick is but, nah I was surprised. Still support it, I woulda taken him in the 1st if the whole world didnt slide to us 1st.

I just don't understand how you can think one while also thinking the other.

For real?

Because I don't think he's a 3 down LB. We'll see when teams go hurry up to try and trap him on the field.

If you're going to trade up, then trade up for Jack.