RD 2, Pick 41: LB Reggie Ragland, University of Alabama

Beerball

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills getting Ragland at #41 and Lawson at #19, this is insane. With these two players coming in, Bills' opponents offenses are basically screwed whether they're good at passing or running the ball.

I wanted Ragland at #19 and I can't believe they now have both Lawson and Ragland. Whaley is having a supremely solid draft and it's only round two!!

Love this trade up to get this kid. I remember when most these same people were complaining about Kiko pick and then the Preston pick. Our FO has proven they can pick LB's and now this is the highest graded and most upside guy yet and people still bashing it.

You were wrong the other times, and I bet you're wrong this time. This kid is a beast at LB. People whining about covering Gronk...well if we only drafted a LB who covered Gronk...then guess what, we would always be drafting LBs because odds are no one we take can cover Gronk and he's one of the 5 best players in the league.

So why worry about just Gronk, which was never going to find a LB who magically covers Gronk in the 2nd like an All Pro, and focus on the best overall LB available, and graded by many as the best ILB overall in the draft.

But nothing new, same people who wine over every pick every year for the most part. Yet Whaley has been having very good drafts and this might be his best yet.

I second this sentiment. :thumbsup:

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 19s19 seconds ago

Ragland on who he has watched in Rex's def: "Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, ****, there was a bunch of them. I've always wanted to be the next Ray."

Darryl Talley @DarrylTalley 6m6 minutes ago

The Bills got themself a defense.

Darryl Talley @DarrylTalley 5m5 minutes ago

U can teach cover if he's got some speed.

WGR 550 @WGR550 4m4 minutes ago

Ragland - I feel like I can play in today's NFL if I'm given the opportunity. I'm not going to back down #Bills

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 30s31 seconds ago

BTW let it be known there is no question that this is going to be the 3-4 Ryan defense this year

I like the pick, BUT I don't like that we coughed up 2 4th round picks to get him. I'm in the crowd that would have waited to see what fell to us.

Whelp, if you want to believe Whaley they got the top 2 guys they were considering at 19. It was a position of need, they filled it.

Now...DT, WR, S and I'll feel more comfortable going into 2016.

On Raglan(d) Road on an Autumn Day,

I saw him first and knew

That his dark form would weave a snare

The Pats* may one day rue

They saw the danger, yet they walked

Along the OBD Way

And I said let Brady be a falling leaf

At the dawning of game day.

When did 4th round picks become gold?

Seriously is there anything that would make some of you happy?

I am looking at it as the compensatory pick made this possible.

You get a starter who Rex will figure out how to use. Like it in the second round. Him and Shaq and Hughes also will get after the qb