QB Lynch very high priority for Bills/Jets!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, the chart doesn't dictate anything

Starting point for me would be their 1st, 2nd, 5th for 19. Maybe even one of their 7ths to secure a PFA guy.

Pay it or you're starting Mark Sanchez. Punish them for having a QB deficiency.

Edited by Blokestradamus

It will if a team is desperate for a QB. For a regular player I would agree. If it was the Broncos trying to jump ahead of the Jets we could get their 2nd and 3rd and 4th like what they did to jump up for Tebow

Possibly but that seems like a lot...maybe we find someone to really overpay

Starting point for me would be their 1st, 2nd, 5th for 19. Maybe even one of their 7ths to secure a PFA guy.

right. does the chart factor in anything about positional or player value? If not I don't see how it can be used as anything but a starting point. The #4 pick was worth more in 2014 when Sammy Watkins was sitting there than the #4 pick was worth in 2013 when it was lane Johnson there or whoever. The #1 pick was worth more last year when Jameis Winston was there than it was this year when it is Goff or whoever.

I would love for the Jets to get desperate. I think they know they will end up getting Fitz though at the price they want because he seemingly doesn't have options.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Take a good player at 19 and let the Jets deal with Lynch. That's a win win scenario. I don't see why Denver would overpay to move up when they could stay put and take a more pro ready QB like Cook. Cook could challenge Sanchez sooner, Lynch is going to need time and a few visits to the Wizard of Oz.

right. does the chart factor in anything about positional or player value? If not I don't see how it can be used as anything but a starting point. The #4 pick was worth more in 2014 when Sammy Watkins was sitting there than the #4 pick was worth in 2013 when it was lane Johnson there or whoever. The #1 pick was worth more last year when Jameis Winston was there than it was this year when it is Goff or whoever.

I would love for the Jets to get desperate. I think they know they will end up getting Fitz though at the price they want because he seemingly doesn't have options.

I think the value is implied more than anything. The better the player, the more you can ask for.

A team determined to milk the process for picks would probably approach it this way:

You feign interest to drive up the price, and you stay in contact with the player's agent on draft night. You keep in contact and find out when your target team is starting to make inquiries about moving up. At the same time, you pick a few targeted teams and gauge interest about moving up, just to see what it would take, all-the-while letting them know that Lynch is your guy.

Then, when the time is right, you call your target move-down spot and tell them you aren't taking Lynch, but you'll move down with them as long as he's on the clock when you pick.

It's gamesmanship, but that's not far from the reality of how it gets done.

What'd you get this from Draft Day?

I think Lynch will go much earlier than most people here expect. Rare size and physical ability. Who knows about the rest. I don't think the Bills will want to trade the necessary assets to move up and take him if that is what it would take to get him.

I want next years first too screw the 5th and 7ths. I like the way you think.

Give them a 4th back

Another team i would like to see abused in the draft

Take a good player at 19 and let the Jets deal with Lynch. That's a win win scenario. I don't see why Denver would overpay to move up when they could stay put and take a more pro ready QB like Cook. Cook could challenge Sanchez sooner, Lynch is going to need time and a few visits to the Wizard of Oz.

Careful what you wish for. IK no longer is in the Jets locker room

I want next years first too screw the 5th and 7ths. I like the way you think.

Give them a 4th back

Another team i would like to see abused in the draft

Careful what you wish for. IK no longer is in the Jets locker room

Oh no worries I was sending Lynch to the Wizard to get a brain not a jaw. Edited by Commonsense

You drive a hard bargain. Sure you don't want Elway's first born grandchild as well? :lol:

A man has to know when to stop pushing a deal.

But is that grankid on the bargaining table?

:rolleyes:

Oh no worries I was sending Lynch to the Wizard to get brain not a jaw.

Punch Lynch and you get Geno, consider it at least.

I said last week I thought that the interest in Lynch was to make the Jets spend extra resources to get him. I think that now more than ever.

I dunno, I'd rather see Lynch go to Denver, Arizona, Saints or even the Browns rather than the NY Jets. Let Gailey keep calling pass plays for Fitz.

Unlike others, I wouldn't be upset if the Bills took Lynch and sat him for this season to see if Tyrod does become that elite franchise QB. If so then Lynch will make great trade bait for some extra picks. If not then the Bills have an actual backup plan who could be another Kaepernick... that isn't broken.

I dunno, I'd rather see Lynch go to Denver, Arizona, Saints or even the Browns rather than the NY Jets. Let Gailey keep calling pass plays for Fitz.

Unlike others, I wouldn't be upset if the Bills took Lynch and sat him for this season to see if Tyrod does become that elite franchise QB. If so then Lynch will make great trade bait for some extra picks. If not then the Bills have an actual backup plan who could be another Kaepernick... that isn't broken.

If so, he will not get you the value of a 19th pick in return. He may get you a 3rd or 4th in a trade. That is just what tends to happen when a guy sits (unless of course you are Rob Johnson and getting traded TO the Bills).

I don't really want him to go to the Jets but if he does I would rather that they have to use their 2nd as well to get him.

Will Lynch even be there at 19? If the Bills are really interested I think they'll have to move up to get him.

The reaction to that will be legendary.

you mean like burning down buildings at OBD with everyone in them, legendary ?

perhaps so.

Nope. He'll be gone by pick 8.

drop him 1 spot for each of the following-

His hair

His mustachio

His fu man chu beard

His name

His intro on NFLN draft commercial where he pulls his sunglasses down ever so slightly

14 sounds about right

Edited by YoloinOhio