Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

Some people wanted the Bills to trade for him last year.

That was with EJ as the returning QB and pre-Cassell & Tyrod. If rumors are to be believed Bills inquired about Bradford, but Rams wanted a QB in return and apparently wanted no part of EJ.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he plays well and they make the playoffs or more, they will get rid of him? I doubt it. Does he not think that scenario is possible? Obviously not. Shows you what he thinks of his own abilities.

Yeah, I get it but if they make the playoffs do they still sit Wentz/Goff for 2 -3 years?

if he plays well and they make the playoffs or more, they will get rid of him? I doubt it. Does he not think that scenario is possible? Obviously not. Shows you what he thinks of his own abilities.

They've just paid a king's ransom for Carson Wentz. There is no competition. QB of the future starts when they want him to.

Sam is right to want out because he'll be shown the door at some point. Why not try and find a place that'll commit to you long term? He's lost enough time to injury, why should he want to waste more time on the bench if he can start elsewhere?

Yeah, I get it but if they make the playoffs do they still sit Wentz/Goff for 2 -3 years?

I think it's Wentz. This was taken the evening of the 19th and the trade was announced on the 20th. The deal was probably already agreed upon and with the league for approval.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/722440498212904960

Bradford has a huge salary next season and he's been so fragile I'd think the expectation is that they move on, but a lot could happen. Like you say, Bradford could stay healthy and light it up or maybe Wentz doesn't look ready. Or some of both.

Edited by BarleyNY

Overpriced backup caliber QB. Is he afraid to compete for the starting job or something?

when they take a qb #1 its no longer competing for a starting job, its "doesnt he want to see how long til he is benched regardless of how he plays"

short of an MVP year, the dude is going to lose the starting job, even if hes the better player.

they should if they have the luxury to do so

They've just paid a king's ransom for Carson Wentz. There is no competition. QB of the future starts when they want him to.

Sam is right to want out because he'll be shown the door at some point. Why not try and find a place that'll commit to you long term? He's lost enough time to injury, why should he want to waste more time on the bench if he can start elsewhere?

i thought they wanted Wentz to develop? They are playing him right away? Good luck with that but I'm not big on Wentz.

i thought they wanted Wentz to develop? They are playing him right away? Good luck with that but I'm not big on Wentz.

I'm sure most teams would love to do that (and Wentz absolutely needs it) but it's a results-driven business. That type of investment needs to bear fruit at some point, especially if the on-field product isn't good.

Fans get antsy, ownership gets testy. I don't see them holding off as long as they probably need to. I hope they do for Carson's sake, just can't see patience being a virtue.

I get why Sam would feel the need to look elsewhere. It's not long ago that the Eagles made a big commitment to him.

Sam Bradford "demanding" anything in the NFL is HILARIOUS!

Dude has lucked his way into a huge bank account for absolutely no reason. If I were him, I'd be laying low and counting on the same blind luck to help me out again.

Well said. Dude is lined up for a possible shot at the playoffs or maybe even beyond.

They may have told him something different before he came back to the team. No doubt he would have had other offers. Bradford was decent last year and considering RG3 who hasnt played in two years is currently a starter and so is Geno Smith and mark Sanchez, he could have made a pretty penny elsewhere

He is making a pretty penny now ! and he does not need any more money unless he is going on fifty year speedball binge.

Take your millions of dollars and act like an adult.

start long term? he signed a two year with the Eagles before the trade. and how old is he anyways?

I expected he will start next season, and Philly expects he will be injured soon enough

edit Draft Trade

Edited by 3rdand12

The Eagles are cleaning house. They've given up too much to move up in the draft, to have enough talent coming in to offset their recent losses. There's no way that Bradford will be a winner this year, even if he plays well, with the poor supporting cast around him. However, that also means that putting a rookie out there isn't going to work either.

The Eagles are cleaning house. They've given up too much to move up in the draft, to have enough talent coming in to offset their recent losses. There's no way that Bradford will be a winner this year, even if he plays well, with the poor supporting cast around him. However, that also means that putting a rookie out there isn't going to work either.

All reports so far have the Eagles saying Wentz will be their 3rd string QB this year, and Bradford is still their starter.

Im sure that could change if the right offer for Bradford came along. But are teams really that desperate they would give up a ton for... Sam Bradford?

All reports so far have the Eagles saying Wentz will be their 3rd string QB this year, and Bradford is still their starter.

Im sure that could change if the right offer for Bradford came along. But are teams really that desperate they would give up a ton for... Sam Bradford?

Well one team just paid him 84 trillion dollars about a month ago. Somebody probably would.

Haha. Yeah, I'm sure teams are going to be falling o wr themselves to get Sam Bradford. It's hilarious what a difference a year makes. Some folks loved him on here.

One of the most overrated Qbs there has been in a long time. He has done nothing of note, is made out of glass, & looks like a little boy in shoulder pads.

He should just shut up and play for much more money than he deserves. Secretly is probably hoping he can be a backup so he won't get hurt and get paid a ton.

First, I don't care what Bradford wants. He can sit out of camp all he wants. He'll just be giving up as much as $1.375 million of his signing bonus this season. So is he going to pout and not show up because the Eagles traded for their QB of the future? Doubtful. Second, please find me the team that represents the trading partner. He's guaranteed $7m this season and $4m next, with the possibility of that $4m becoming $13m if he remains the starter. To boot, he has a roster bonus of $4m. So $7m is his cost this year and next it's $17m. Add to that the fact that the Eagles would have to eat an additional $5.5m in bonus proration this year 2106 compared to their $9.8m in cap space. Makes absolutely ZERO sense, and even less than that on the Bills roster.

Bledsoe never proved anything in the NFL??

Not the trail I was going down.

This is what happens when you have an encumbant starter.....and then you take a 1st round QB (which philly probably will)

It doesnt sit well in the locker room

Which is exactly what Bledsoe did when we drafted JP. He pouted and greased the skids to his exit which was also made easy by his crappy play after The League figured out how to defend him.

@RapSheet

Sam Bradford is fined if he no-shows minicamp. If he misses all training camp, he forfeits 25% of his signing bonus. More if into the season

Translation = he will be coming to camp.

Not the trail I was going down.

Which is exactly what Bledsoe did when we drafted JP. He pouted and greased the skids to his exit which was also made easy by his crappy play after The League figured out how to defend him.

Not how I remember it at all. The Bills drafted JP and anointed him as the new starter instead of letting Bledsoe and he compete for the job. That's what Bledsoe didn't like. I don't blame him, especially in retrospect when you see that JP stunk.

@pfref

ProFootballReference Retweeted NFL on ESPN

Bradford was below league average in every passing stat but Cmp% and Sack% in 2015 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm#passing_advanced::none

But Pro Football Focus has him ranked as "Ranked 11th among NFL QBs last season with an 80.9 passing grade."

as Bill the Cat would say "Pff ...".

Why? Lynch isn't all that great of a prospect and will take years to develop at best. And if he is all that, someone will take him in the top-7.

Unless he retires, I'm not sure a player can just simply give back money.

A player can quit, team can demand money and player can agree to do so with condition that they not put player on "Retired/Reserved" List. Then player unretires,

Not how I remember it at all. The Bills drafted JP and anointed him as the new starter instead of letting Bledsoe and he compete for the job. That's what Bledsoe didn't like. I don't blame him, especially in retrospect when you see that JP stunk.

Bledsoe played for a year while JP sat. His level of play made it easy for the Bills to declare JP the starter. It would have made it easy for them to name a maple tree the starter due to the maple tree having superior mobility.

My favorite part was him dropping a couple dozen F bombs, the b-word multiple times and even the n-word a couple times, but using a euphemism for ass. 'Cause he wouldn't want to come off as crude or anything.

Casebook case of why social media is stupid. Which Walmart does this clown work at and has he ever asked for a trade to a better one?

@SiriusXMNFL

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] was very happy with his contract. Then Chase Daniel came. And no one could foresee trading to #2."

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] wants to play somewhere where he's going to stay for a long time if he plays well."

Tom Condon: "Sam wants to be the guy. He does not view himself as a stop-gap quarterback."

@alexmarvez

Agent Tom Condon says @Eagles have not given him permission to seek a Sam Bradford trade. Sam won't be at voluntary workouts. @SiriusXMNFL

@SiriusXMNFL

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] was very happy with his contract. Then Chase Daniel came. And no one could foresee trading to #2."

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] wants to play somewhere where he's going to stay for a long time if he plays well."

Tom Condon: "Sam wants to be the guy. He does not view himself as a stop-gap quarterback."

@alexmarvez

Agent Tom Condon says @Eagles have not given him permission to seek a Sam Bradford trade. Sam won't be at voluntary workouts. @SiriusXMNFL

Sam has never seen Sam play.