Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'm more grossed out by the way they just all walk past him, regardless of level of force. I don't know, maybe there's protocol or something in terms of waiting for a medic that I'm overlooking, but it damn sure looks like they continue to treat him, and then ignore him, as an agitator after he starts bleeding out of his ears.

Don't worry, he was just a white guy.

• Like (+1) 2

I still get emails from Libby Schaff the hand wringing Mayor of Oakland. They are often good for comedy relief. Today’s email was a good one:

Hello Oakland,

This week our city, and our country, expressed grief and rage over the state-sponsored killing of George Floyd, a Black man who should be alive today. The anger and profound trauma, particularly experienced in the Black community, is righteous and necessary, and it has exposed — yet again — white America’s failure to address the travesty of our racism. 

State-sponsored???  

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Don't worry, he was just a white guy.

Not sure if you're accusing me, or people in general of virtue signaling, but this is actually the number one trending story on Twitter right now. I expect this to be a big deal tomorrow.

Just now, Nelius said:

Not sure if you're accusing me, or people in general of virtue signaling, but this is actually the number one trending story on Twitter right now. I expect this to be a big deal tomorrow.

It was a joke. Too soon?

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

So lots of people virtue signaling proves it's value?

There are thousands of people out their rolling video and whichever one paints cops in the worst light is going to be trending on Twitter.  That's the whole point.  

A cop gets stabbed in the neck?  Meh.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think they were states, but point is you’re right about prompt medical attention. 

And those bagging on the cop who pulled the other one away who bent over to help. He immediately got on the radio I assume to call for medical help. 

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So lots of people virtue signaling proves it's value?

There are thousands of people out their rolling video and whichever one paints cops in the worst light is going to be trending on Twitter.  That's the whole point.  

A cop gets stabbed in the neck?  Meh.

I don't like seeing cops get stabbed in the neck either.

No, I think a ***** ton of people talking about it is due to the brutal and graphic nature of the video. My point is that it's probably not going to be forgotten tomorrow and immediately swapped for the next awful video of the day.

12 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Makes sense no one wants to see the police give Grandpa a concussion.

10 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don't like seeing cops get stabbed in the neck either.

No, I think a ***** ton of people talking about it is due to the brutal and graphic nature of the video. My point is that it's probably not going to be forgotten tomorrow and immediately swapped for the next awful video of the day.

My point is it would be ridiculous to expect nationwide riots with thousands of people filming to produce a night without a questionable incident.  But here we are in a place where any incident like this is spun as proof that we're a broken country.

Show me one country in world history that would have had fewer incidents after this many nights of widespread riots.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

An "I'm the exception as an old guy" thinks he can confront/ stroll through forward coming cops doing their job and go through them mouth off and be unscathed.

He should have been stopped before he got so close.

Cops seemingly dismissed him, one unfortunately gave a him a light shove and now he's a victim due to his frailty and acting irresponsibly and possibly become a reason to inspire riots/protests.

Now he'll likely be made a martyr and tomorrow things will likely ramp up in Buffalo.

Told my wife we got to get out of N.Y. But she insists she can't leave her grandkids, which we aren't allowed to see because of N.Y. covid rules strongly adhered to by her daughter in laws to keep us away.

That and N.Y. under Cuomo's guidance is becoming a hellhole. We have the money to move and build again, in spite of the stock market losses, but it's not registering with her.

Do I bite the bullet and divorce again a third time and split our assets ? It's a prevailing thought.

Actually it be the fourth when considering a 4 year live-in involved a home splitting situation.

I will survive......but not for long in NY.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Senator Mike Lee just posted this shortly after midnight EDT -- apparently the DC mayor wants the rioters to have fewer restraints and is trying to eject the National Guard units.

https://twitter.com/SenMike...

They are going to need to find alternate housing, as their presence will be needed.

Word is spreading that ~1 million people will be descending on DC this weekend. How many will be Antifa, like minded groups, or useful idiots?

This may not end well.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

More Fox News hypocrisy... and you Trump lovers eat it up and can’t think for yourself why the US is the way it is today. 

Thanks Trump!

Thanks Trump voters!

Why can't the right do better than Laura Ingraham? So shrill, so biased, nothing interesting. I'm legitimately surprised that they haven't shifted to a younger mouthpiece yet. Tomi and Candace are ready to go. You all love Chanel Rion from OAN. Why are you still dealing with obviously racist, awkward Laura? She's objectively not interesting to watch and has been just running into weird situations left and right. I'm pretty sure her largest sponsor is still Depends, no joke.

Sorry, just checked it out and Depends actually dropped her. Her biggest advertisers now are the MyPiilow guy and Pray.com because of course. 

Edited by Nelius

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

In all seriousness the old man might be severely hurt. The brain is a fragile thing and smacking your head on cement can cause major, lasting damage.

The guy just pushed him back. It was not reasonably foreseeable that he'd fall that way. If he was that fragile he should've gotten his old ass out of the way.

It's funny how you dipshits make people who aren't particularly fond of cops defend them because of your dishonest bull####.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

More Fox News hypocrisy... and you Trump lovers eat it up and can’t think for yourself why the US is the way it is today. 

Thanks Trump!

Thanks Trump voters!

Fox News hypocrisy!?!? She is criticizing LBJ and KD for their support of the Chinese government’s oppression of its people. Those same guys turn around and whine about BLM. I mean really, who are the hypocrites?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm saying it's a fascist force when they clearly stop caring about protecting the people and are seemingly more interested in protecting a right wing system.

Good thing there is a strong move in this country to not look at an entire group in a harmful, sterotypical way that isn't based in fact.

Oh, wait...

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Of course it is. Tell me, how many of the trending stories did you follow on twitter of the Officers beaten, stabbed, shot, injured or killed in the last 6 days?

I guess, in your defense, it is hard to follow trending stories that don't exist because they don't support some narrative.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

The last paragraph is victim blaming.  Sorry but it is.  The citizen probably shouldn’t have been there, but that doesn’t justify what happened.  (Audio may tell a different tale, but I highly doubt it since the citizen was left in place after falling.  A threat would have been neutralized there.) 

Problem is that the use of force has to be justified.  I just don’t see it there.  If the guy was threatening officers he should have been dealt with immediately after he fell to resolve the threat. 

Marty Lyons retired a long time ago! 

The medics got there pretty quickly.  I don’t blame them for not breaking the line to treat. But if he was an aggressor they should have neutralized him with cuffs or restraint.  Not a good look for the BPD. 

As far as if it was justified, what I saw was the guy making a beeline for an advancing line of police in crowd control mode, which shows questionable judgement and is sure to put the officers even more on edge in an already tense situation, but the officers don’t put hands on him until he reaches out toward the belt/holster area on one of them. If you make a move like that, officers don’t have the luxury of thinking “he’s probably not going for my gun” and not acting because being wrong can be deadly, no matter the age or physical condition of the person in question. They push him away and he’s unable to keep his balance. The result is sickening to watch, but If he stayed on his feet or even fell differently, there would be no conversation about if the level of force used here was justified.

I don’t understand your point about neutralizing him after he fell. Threats don’t get much more neutralized than being unconscious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

As far as if it was justified, what I saw was the guy making a beeline for an advancing line of police in crowd control mode, which shows questionable judgement and is sure to put the officers even more on edge in an already tense situation, but the officers don’t put hands on him until he reaches out toward the belt/holster area on one of them. If you make a move like that, officers don’t have the luxury of thinking “he’s probably not going for my gun” and not acting because being wrong can be deadly, no matter the age or physical condition of the person in question. They push him away and he’s unable to keep his balance. The result is sickening to watch, but If he stayed on his feet or even fell differently, there would be no conversation about if the level of force used here was justified.

I don’t understand your point about neutralizing him after he fell. Threats don’t get much more neutralized than being unconscious. 

They didn't know he was unconscious immediately.  If he was such a threat, he should have been zip tied.  

For what it's worth, it looks like he was trying to return a helmet to the BPD.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is a byproduct of cancel culture by all the PC/Woke college students some years back that would boot conservatives or for that matter any dissenting views from the universities.

Now they have grown up and some have become journalists.

I’ve never been accused of being an alarmist but this toxic growing element of society must be rooted out.   This poses significant risks and those risks are beginning to bear fruit.

Double think

#Orwellian

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

They didn't know he was unconscious immediately.  If he was such a threat, he should have been zip tied.  

For what it's worth, it looks like he was trying to return a helmet to the BPD.  

They knew he was unconscious by the time they had a chance to cuff him. The first time I watched it I was more concerned that no one stopped to render aid than that they didn’t slap a pair of flex cuffs on a guy who was out cold. However, it’s been said that the medical response was better than it appeared in the video, and those guys have access to mechanical restraint devices as well if needed. 

I’m certainly not suggesting the guy had any ill intent, but he was nevertheless exhibiting certain behavioral cues that cops can’t ignore, for their own safety. I will say that I watched it  again and I did not see the object (phone?) in the hand that he reached out with the first time I saw it. That certainly makes it seem less likely he was making a play for the officer’s gun, but even still in the moment that’s not a risk the officers can take. 

Edited by Chandemonium
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Let me get this straight.   The refined political nose of Buffalo Timmy, cognizant of the competing and largely unchecked crises in this country, believes that Trump, who lost the popular election in 2016, nit only will win the popular vote in 2020 but will take more than 50% of that vote.  You have consumed way too much trump kool aid, sir. 

I clearly stated "non city" because city people will go 90% to Biden. So you are also showing your lack of reading comprehension, but keep telling me how you feel. But to go back to a direct questions-what did he say Alt right?

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The second video shows the two national guard guys immediately helped the man.

The two cops were suspended. Why the one cop pushed the other cop trying to bend down to help away? Awful.

12 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

They knew he was unconscious by the time they had a chance to cuff him. The first time I watched it I was more concerned that no one stopped to render aid than that they didn’t slap a pair of flex cuffs on a guy who was out cold. However, it’s been said that the medical response was better than it appeared in the video, and those guys have access to mechanical restraint devices as well if needed. 

I’m certainly not suggesting the guy had any ill intent, but he was nevertheless exhibiting certain behavioral cues that cops can’t ignore, for their own safety. I will say that I watched it  again and I did not see the object (phone?) in the hand that he reached out with the first time I saw it. That certainly makes it seem less likely he was making a play for the officer’s gun, but even still in the moment that’s not a risk the officers can take. 

It is the second video where you can see the man approach the line, and then when he is down the two national guard people at the end attend to him immediately.

Do you know if the body cameras have sound?

29 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

This seems pretty obvious. Sure hope that cops cam was on.

Not obvious at all.  Personally think he was using the helmet as a prop to get to the officers.  You can clearly see he approaches the officers and instead of handing them the helmet, he tells the one officer to stop moving with the hand that had his cell phone.

This guy is far from innocent.  I struggle to even say the officers used a violent force.  They barely touched the guy.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump to police: 'Please don't be too nice' to suspects.

Thanks TRUMP - rough enough for you SOB?

You Trumpholes own this. You enabled this. Are you proud? Are we REALLY better off today than four years ago?

FU

Your logic is fun- events caused by liberals in liberal cities in liberal states is caused by conservative people who live 1000 miles away. When you blame people for your life sucking is it caused by all the people who just did not stick around?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Do you know if the body cameras have sound?

I do not. I have a background in recognizing and assessing risk behaviors so my analysis is from that perspective, but I’m a layperson when it comes to the law enforcement world.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Phone in the right hand, what appeared to be a police helmet in the left hand.  I rewatched after your post and I didn't see anything that indicated an "reach" toward an officer's service weapon.  That said, I appreciate that I watched it from a distance and that there is a remote possibility that the officer in question might have seen the movement only out of the corner of his eye and reacted accordingly. 

Also, I'm not concerned about not putting the flex cuffs on the guy.  The point is that if he actually presented a threat to officer safety you'd think the police would have neutralized that threat instead of stepping past him.  That part doesn't wash with me. 

13 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

One thing is certain from this chaos. There will be quite the escape from the cities when it's over. Rural economies will benefit the most. Every cloud has a silver lining.

good, keep the the likes of you from out nice cities?

Listen, i am an urban dude, love the city..so much so my "beach house" is a condo in DC. Trying to downsize here in the suburbs of West End of Richmond, and move into the city right close to the Lee monument( well the pedastal at least)  ...i can tall ya this, home prices aint budged there yet.

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thanks Trump!

Thanks Trump voters!

No one voted for her stupid ass either. She-Nazi