Florio has lost his mind with tweet about Taylor/Kap

@profootballtalk

Bills fans, would you welcome a trade of Tyrod Taylor for Colin Kaepernick?

Does he have a history of tweeting stupid stuff or a history of throwing silly questions out there for fun or a history of getting scoops?

I hope it is one of the first two.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Does he have a history of tweeting stupid stuff or a history of throwing silly questions out there for fun or a history of getting scoops.

he usually just posts "reports" which regurgitate info he gathers from other articles/reports. I've never seen him just post a random question.

Actually, I think it's a fun question. It's really about Greg Roman and Colin Kaepernick. Roman left and Kaepernick regressed. If T-Mobile failed the natural assumption would be Kaepernick would reunite with Roman and find his game again. Roman has worked with both QB's- only he knows who's better!

Edited by DDD

Actually, I think it's a fun question. It's really about Greg Roman and Colin Kaepernick. Roman left and Kaepernick regressed. If T-Mobile failed the natural assumption would be Kaepernick would reunite with Roman and find his game again.

i get the Roman connection, but is he not suggesting that the trade happen now, as he is on the block to two teams? Not after this season "if" TT were to fail? Edited by YoloinOhio

Everything i hear about Kaep - is the stuff you hate to hear. He works hard in the weight room, and on the field. But he doesn't take film study seriously, and he can be a total brat. He went away from the team to get surgeries and rehab rather than stick around.

He's essentially a fair weather QB. When stuff is going right he'll be all about it, but the second things start to get bad, he bails on his team.

The film study thing is very alarming, since it means good coordinators will confuse him and make him beat you from the pocket. I've seen him throw quite a few beautiful looking interceptions that he was baited into. Guys got a cannon- but he doesn't seem to get it.

@profootballtalk

Bills fans, would you welcome a trade of Tyrod Taylor for Colin Kaepernick?

No.

With Taylor, he had some success and you hope he'll develop into something really good with a bit more game experience. With Kaep, he had some success and you hoped he'd develop, but he's had the game experience to see if he would or not, and the answer seems to be "or not".

It's the same thing that has Fitz worth less than Osweiler or Bradford at this point in his career: he had his shot where he looked as though he might develop or not and he got paid on the chance, and the answer became clear "or not" while with Osweiler the jury is still out and with Bradford, his last season looked promising and if he stays on his feet you might feel hopeful.

Actually, I think it's a fun question. It's really about Greg Roman and Colin Kaepernick. Roman left and Kaepernick regressed. If T-Mobile failed the natural assumption would be Kaepernick would reunite with Roman and find his game again. Roman has worked with both QB's- only he knows who's better!

Most people seem to feel the regression took place in 2014, *before* Roman left. If anyone would know one way or the other what Kaepernick has, that'd be Roman.

Most people seem to feel the regression took place in 2014, *before* Roman left. If anyone would know one way or the other what Kaepernick has, that'd be Roman.

My first reaction is similar to the majority of the posts here but if Roman was in favor if the move, a HUGE if I understand, I would strongly consider it. He knows the strengths and weaknesses of both QB's better than probably anyone.

I am generally pretty happy with Tyrod but there are still some pretty strong whispers out there that he may not have the tools to be a top 10 QB in this league. I wouldn't close any door at this point but unless Roman strongly supported the move I wouldn't do it.

My first reaction is similar to the majority of the posts here but if Roman was in favor if the move, a HUGE if I understand, I would strongly consider it. He knows the strengths and weaknesses of both QB's better than probably anyone.

I am generally pretty happy with Tyrod but there are still some pretty strong whispers out there that he may not have the tools to be a top 10 QB in this league. I wouldn't close any door at this point but unless Roman strongly supported the move I wouldn't do it.

Absolutely. Kaep took a team to the Super Bowl and very nearly won it. He's 28. Tyrod had a very impressive first year as a starter, but he'll be expensive starting next year. And that's the biggest problem -- the way QB salaries are going, Tyrod will be out-earning Kaep by 2017 (assuming Tyrod has a strong 2016 season and avoids significant injury). Let's be honest about where the Bills are at: 2016 is not looking promising. So the question becomes, "who gives you a better chance to win in 2017-18?" Tyrod and his even bigger salary or Kaep? I think the answer tilts in Kaep's favor. And if Kaep really is crap after all, he's off the books after 2018, whereas Tyrod - IF you can sign him - will probably at a minimum get a 4 year Osweiler-type deal. Look, whichever way you look at it, this is not an ideal situation. As Whaley said, we're still in QB purgatory. But now we're also in salary cap hell.

Absolutely. Kaep took a team to the Super Bowl and very nearly won it. He's 28. Tyrod had a very impressive first year as a starter, but he'll be expensive starting next year. And that's the biggest problem -- the way QB salaries are going, Tyrod will be out-earning Kaep by 2017 (assuming Tyrod has a strong 2016 season and avoids significant injury). Let's be honest about where the Bills are at: 2016 is not looking promising. So the question becomes, "who gives you a better chance to win in 2017-18?" Tyrod and his even bigger salary or Kaep? I think the answer tilts in Kaep's favor. And if Kaep really is crap after all, he's off the books after 2018, whereas Tyrod - IF you can sign him - will probably at a minimum get a 4 year Osweiler-type deal. Look, whichever way you look at it, this is not an ideal situation. As Whaley said, we're still in QB purgatory. But now we're also in salary cap hell.

Unless you're of the opinion that TT can/will improve. Kaep seems to have plateaued and doesn't seem to want to put in the work. The pouting - surgery by non team doctors, rehab outside of the facilities, demanding a trade to specific teams - is a huge turn off as well. No other QB does that stuff so publicly.

It's not a good look, and it's not something I'd intentionally bring in with the thought that "hmm he might be better than TT in a year or two". If he is - whats to say he doesn't complain and demand a raise. Or ask to be traded again.

Kap has had off field issues in the way he has handled himself....described in t he above posts pretty well, and on field, he has regressed. he is an impressive physical specimen ....I true NFL QB body. TT, on the other hand....is a total professional off the field...and, although physically gifted, is not described at the prototypical NFL QB....his build being slight by NFL standards. And TT is learning how to start and be a winner. Yes, the jury is out on TT in terms of doing all the mental work on field that is required to be the long term starter. I , for one though, would not bet against TT getting there. I think the contract he got from the Bills was good for him....the Bills got a two year cheap audition...he got/is getting a serious chance to show what he can do.....so, another year will tell the story there. In terms of getting a deal for TT now, it would be a transition deal if negotiated, with both sides taking a chance....TT giving up money on the idea he might not make it...the bills getting a discount but having to committ to TT longer than next year. I am guessing no transition deal....TT will likely play out 2016...and hit the market, all this imho And, NO KAP trade....

Edited by bigK14094

Does he have a history of tweeting stupid stuff or a history of throwing silly questions out there for fun or a history of getting scoops?

This was a topic on Schopp & Bulldog last week so who gets whose dumb ideas from whom?

Holy homer alert! Yeah, Florio is crazy for suggesting that the Bills' trade a 1st year starter for a guy who has been to the SB and almost made another? Taylor had a solid season but this is getting nuts. Kaepernick is superior in almost every way over Taylor.

Kaep might have some flaws that might be hard to overcome but Taylor might as well. It's also important to note that Bills' fans think Taylor's only progression is upwards. Well, we need to study Kaep. When he was given more to do he struggled. His numbers are weirdly similar to Taylor's.

I honestly don't know if I make that trade but to think it's nuts, is well nuts. Honestly, SF might not do it.

yea, but it was a locker room in extreme turmoil.

i wouldnt take the trade, but i think it speaks volumes to how quickly we prop up, as well as tear down, young quarterbacks.

If you listen to Florio's radio show, when Osweiller signed that insane deal with the Texans, Florio floated out the notion that the Bills could be sitting on a gold-mine with Tyrod Taylor, as far as trade value goes. Florio thought/thinks that Taylors' value went through the roof with that Osweiller signing.

Edited by Buftex

If you listen to Florio's radio show, when Osweiller signed that insane deal with the Texans, Florio floated out the notion that the Bills could be sitting on a gold-mine with Tyrod Taylor, as far as trade value goes. Florio thought/thinks that Taylors' value went through the roof with that Osweiller signing.

WGR was talking about TT value the other day and I thought it was interesting.

Say Denver, or a team with a similar need at QB called you (your the GM) and asked what it would take for you to trade Tyrod...

What do you tell him?

CBF

Say Denver, or a team with a similar need at QB called you (your the GM) and asked what it would take for you to trade Tyrod...

What do you tell him?

CBF

i think what makes it so hard is that the team would be so pissed IMO if he got traded, even if it was for a 1st round pick. They finally have something going. Unless you are getting what you think is a better QB in return, at a similar price point, (seems unlikely) - I just can't see it.

Holy homer alert! Yeah, Florio is crazy for suggesting that the Bills' trade a 1st year starter for a guy who has been to the SB and almost made another? Taylor had a solid season but this is getting nuts. Kaepernick is superior in almost every way over Taylor.

Kaep might have some flaws that might be hard to overcome but Taylor might as well. It's also important to note that Bills' fans think Taylor's only progression is upwards. Well, we need to study Kaep. When he was given more to do he struggled. His numbers are weirdly similar to Taylor's.

I honestly don't know if I make that trade but to think it's nuts, is well nuts. Honestly, SF might not do it.

While I don't think the trade would make any sense for $ reasons, from a purely player-player perspective you're spot on. Taylor may have had the better season last year, but he still needs to play in two conference championships before he can look down at Kaepernick.

It's been nearly 20 years since the Bills had a QB anywhere near the level Tyrod showed last year as his first year as a starter. Sure, there's a chance we've seen the best from him and he's always going to be an injury risk, but I don't know how any fan could live with themselves if we prematurely cut the cord for a draft pick and Taylor becomes a perennial Pro Bowler.

It's been nearly 20 years since the Bills had a QB anywhere near the level Tyrod showed last year as his first year as a starter. Sure, there's a chance we've seen the best from him and he's always going to be an injury risk, but I don't know how any fan could live with themselves if we prematurely cut the cord for a draft pick and Taylor becomes a perennial Pro Bowler.

Mostly this just confirms how awful we've been for 20 years.

TT's greatest value to the Bills would be as a franchise QB. Which is TBD. Trading him for a 1st rounder in a QB poor draft isn't a good idea, and there are no sure fire guys coming out next year.

Might have some flaws? Kaepernick was a deer in the headlights last year. He looked lost and confused and was totally ineffective on his way to riding the bench in favor of Blaine "how's my hair look" Gabbert. What does Kaepernick consistently do well?

Kaep's best season, 2013, looks a lot like Taylor's first year as a starter. Given the trajectories of the two players and their current salaries, yes, its nucking futs to pay more for the same or less.

yea, but it was a locker room in extreme turmoil.

i wouldnt take the trade, but i think it speaks volumes to how quickly we prop up, as well as tear down, young quarterbacks.

It's crazy huh? Few years ago, there was talk of Kaep changing the qb position. Now we won't trade him for a former 6th rounder who is 3" shorter than him?

I think Taylor is not caught up with the fame like Kaep and might be a better leader. But they are really similar except Kaepernick has better physical tools.

would you feel better if the trade offer did come through and we passed and the other guy was the success story?

the issue is you have to make the right call, whether our current guy or a potential replacement. cant be operating under fear of it being perceived worse if you are wrong.

What do you tell him?

CBF

F - off?

Seriously the Bills finally have a good option at QB and people want to bail out the Broncos? John Elway was win executive of the year and Whaley would/should be fired as soon as the paperwork went through

Might have some flaws? Kaepernick was a deer in the headlights last year. He looked lost and confused and was totally ineffective on his way to riding the bench in favor of Blaine "how's my hair look" Gabbert. What does Kaepernick consistently do well?

Kaep's best season, 2013, looks a lot like Taylor's first year as a starter. Given the trajectories of the two players and their current salaries, yes, its nucking futs to pay more for the same or less.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree about the contract point. But we have some posters who want to already pay Taylor big bucks.

What do you tell him?

CBF

Yes, that was Florio's point too. He said that the Broncos wanted Taylor to be Mannings' back-up last season, more than they wanted Osweiller...so, one would assume, they still are pretty high on him. Again, in no way advocating a trade, but isn't it nice to have something that one of the "smart" teams wants? Of course, I would be curious as to what they might offer...

Yes, that was Florio's point too. He said that the Broncos wanted Taylor to be Mannings' back-up last season, more than they wanted Osweiller...so, one would assume, they still are pretty high on him. Again, in no way advocating a trade, but isn't it nice to have something that one of the "smart" teams wants? Of course, I would be curious as to what they might offer...

while it's true that Denver wanted him, they wanted him as a backup, and as a UFA. Whether they want him enough as a starter to give up something substantial enough in a trade to get the the Bills to make a move is unknown.