Bucs have fired Lovie Smith

FireChan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Smith or not, this decision is just stupid. Smith has been a winning coach before. They had no QB last year and a rookie this year. What the hell do people expect? Someone will take the job but if Winston starts stealing crab legs again then what? Does the next coach need to have a winning record after eight games? What if the next coach loses a preseason game or god-forbid looks bad in a scrimmage against intra-state rival Miami?

How can owners and GM's running billion dollar businesses make such horrible decisions?

He does seem to be pushing for his boy quite a bit.

Not that it means much, but bucs fans down here are speculating that the OC is going to become the new HC, and they will replace the DC. The OC is pretty good and has done a lot for developing the offense. But the defense is not developing, and the front office wanted a change in DC, which lovie may not have wanted.

Not that it means much, but bucs fans down here are speculating that the OC is going to become the new HC, and they will replace the DC. The OC is pretty good and has done a lot for developing the offense. But the defense is not developing, and the front office wanted a change in DC, which lovie may not have wanted.

Who is the OC?

I am surprised. Where did the Buccs expect to be his year? The rookie QB has played pretty well the team had a good run mid-season and he seemed to have things generally pointed in the right direction. Add to that he has a track record as a Head Coach and I find this very odd. The fact that it has happened later in the week makes me think that Leslie Frazier's status as DC might have provoked the change. Was Lovie asked to change DC and refused?

Lovie Smith is not a good coach. They shouldn't have hired him in the first place.

Whoooo-wee...you should have been around here a few years ago. You'd have thought the Bills missed the Second Coming by not signing Lovie to be our HC.

Whoooo-wee...you should have been around here a few years ago. You'd have thought the Bills missed the Second Coming by not signing Lovie to be our HC.

Whilst I didn't have him as the second coming, by any means, he was my preferred candidate to replace Chan.... I was attracted by his track record with defense and believed we had talent on that side of the ball that was being misused. A bit like Rex has here so far though.... he has failed to live up to his reputation as a defensive coach in Tampa.... however I still think his firing is very harsh.

I could see them going after Jimbo Fisher from Florida State. He runs a pro style offense that Winston ran in College and they are gonna do everything in their power to make Winston as successful as possible.

All they gotta do is look at the smooth transitions Chip Kelly, Nick Saban, and Steve Spurrier made to know a college coach is the way to go.