Mario Williams

chef4131

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been saying this the whole year. If he doesn't just rush the passer he whines and acts like a baby. Don't let him have any type of injury or he will be blocked one on one by Wayne hunter and cry about hands to the face. I liked Mario when we got him and the last couple years but him taking games off and complain about everything instead of trying gets old quick

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I see no reason to keep him or Darius in this scheme with their pay. We could get crqppy players to not produce and they would be much cheaper.

If we go back to a wide nine like Schwartz scheme then I think he can be a pro bowler.

I don't think he will restructure because he is clearly upset with his role and he will go elsewhere. Honestly he has made his money just go to NE or Sea or GB and win a championship.

In 2010 the Bills didn't have any pass rushers worth a damn, and now they have 3 all pros in Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, and Marcel Dareus. Plus Jerry Hughes who is a monster in some games.

Time to jettison those lousy all pro players, and retool the defense because this HC & DC can't get the most out of them...shades of Dave Wannstedt

I see no reason to keep him or Darius in this scheme with their pay. We could get crqppy players to not produce and they would be much cheaper.

If we go back to a wide nine like Schwartz scheme then I think he can be a pro bowler.

I don't think he will restructure because he is clearly upset with his role and he will go elsewhere. Honestly he has made his money just go to NE or Sea or GB and win a championship.

because we're going to listen to a guy critique the team and Dareus who can't even spell his name?

c'mon bro.

Darius is playing nose because kyle is out. It's too important to have Bryant there, and Mario can't play 3-4 end because... Well I don't know why.

Darius is playing nose because kyle is out. It's too important to have Bryant there, and Mario can't play 3-4 end because... Well I don't know why.

funny, i thought darius was playing guitar?

MTE5NTU2MzE2MDA4MzE4NDc1.jpg

Edited by Boyst62

is it just me or does it seem like he is just going through the motions out there

One of the/if not the worst DE in 2015.

I don't expect him to be this bad next year but he is in obvious decline. A smart GM would cut him next year even when you take in account his cap hit.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

ok i give up

why cut mario when that does nothing? he's of starting quality, for one and he's bought and paid for. his cap hit doesn't impact this team much for next year and he may still even renegotiate, too.

cutting mario makes as much sense as cutting garrison sanborne. if we cut mario who do we replace him with?

further, who on the lb market would be worth

Von Miller won't hit FA
Roladno McClain maybe the only one worth it.
Sean Weatherspoon could get top dollar and faulter like many premier LB's on their next team - Kruger, Poz, etc.
Bruce Irvin could be worth it, but will get a lot of money!
Aldon Smith, Vincent Rey won't be worth the high dollar.
Hali is too old.
Greenway, too old

ok i give up

why cut mario when that does nothing? he's of starting quality, for one and he's bought and paid for. his cap hit doesn't impact this team much for next year and he may still even renegotiate, too.

cutting mario makes as much sense as cutting garrison sanborne. if we cut mario who do we replace him with?

Von Miller won't hit FA
Sean Weatherspoon could get top dollar and faulter like many premier LB's on their next team - Kruger, Poz, etc.
Hali is too old.
Greenway, too old

You net about 12.9 million towards the cap in a year where the team is in cap hell.

It would be a very wise decision. Cutting him does a lot even when you take in account a hit of 7 million in dead money for that year.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

ok i give up

Von Miller won't hit FA
Hali is too old.
Greenway, too old

Its a matter of performance vs money being tied up

I fully expect this team to go to a 34 defense......and that makes pass rushing DEs much less of a priority....you need down linemen to gobble up runners.....and your linebackers create the pressure

So paying Mario all the money to stand there like he is doing right now is not smart.....

Instead you

- Put out a legit Nose

- Move Marcel to one DE spot

- Hughes moves to more of a linebacker

- Will need more linebackers

- hopefully Carrington comes back.....as he actually fits this role pretty well

This D is gonna look a lot different next season....that is what I think.

They have bigger issues than Mario. The QB salary is still cheap and they only need to sign Glenn/Incognito. Restructure Mario and upgrade the LB's.

The Bills can sure use that cap room so I can totally see them parting ways with Mario. Restructuring is pretty pointless unless he is extended and I don't know why they'd do that. I can't count the number of people who just blurt out "restructure him" like its a solution. Please be specific about it. If you try, you'll quickly see there isn't much to be done.

Cut him

Why not trade him? There are certainly teams out there with plenty of cap space that could use him in a scheme that's a better fit for him.

I fully expect this team to go to a 34 defense......and that makes pass rushing DEs much less of a priority....you need down linemen to gobble up runners.....and your linebackers create the pressure

So paying Mario all the money to stand there like he is doing right now is not smart.....

Instead you

- Put out a legit Nose

This is the part I dont get with the Rex hiring. We had this great 4-3 defensive line. We hire a 3-4 guy. , KW is not a NT or a 3-4 defensive end. Marcel Dareus is not a 100 million dollar 3-4 DE hes much better as a 4-3 DT. MW doesnt want to drop in coverage. Rushing just 3 makes them a less effective unit. The more i think about and see the results, the Rex hiring is making absolutely no sense for the defensive personal we have.

Edited by billsfan714

And if they do go 3-4 they are going to need to have a different set of backups. It's easy to say "get a legit Nose Tackle", but then you have to consider that your whole defense is going to depend on that one guy staying healthy.

A switch to 3-4 is going to take at least 2 seasons to build good depth.

And if they do go 3-4 they are going to need to have a different set of backups. It's easy to say "get a legit Nose Tackle", but then you have to consider that your whole defense is going to depend on that one guy staying healthy.

A switch to 3-4 is going to take at least 2 seasons to build good depth.

It all depends on how many of these current guys actually fit a move to the new scheme

In my mnd

Its happening no matter what so we might as well embrace it

It all depends on how many of these current guys actually fit a move to the new scheme

In my mnd

Its happening no matter what so we might as well embrace it

I'm holding out, hoping that the owner will neuter Ryan, and bring in a new DC who can use what's here already.

Instead you

- Put out a legit Nose

This D is gonna look a lot different next season....that is what I think.

I like the idea of Dareus at DE. He can take up space and the double team. He can push the line and get to the QB.

Hughes as a pass rushing lb in the 3-4 might not be as effextive as Dareus'position switch. I still see a plave for hi im on the defense though.

I don't want to cut/trade Mario.

Kyle might be gone after this season. I get that feeling from readng this board. I hopw it isnt so.

I want to take a nt, if there is a quality player, in the first round. I don't watch enough college football to know. Might go check out that there crystal ball thread.

If you do that then you might as well get rid of Rex because he IS the DC in reality

which isnt happening

Probably not, but I sure as !@#$ can complain about it all I !@#$ing want.

I like the idea of Dareus at DE. He can take up space and the double team. He can push the line and get to the QB.

Hughes as a pass rushing lb in the 3-4 might not be as effextive as Dareus'position switch. I still see a plave for hi im on the defense though.

Kyle might be gone after this season. I get that feeling from readng this board. I hopw it isnt so.

I want to take a nt, if there is a quality player, in the first round. I don't watch enough college football to know. Might go check out that there crystal ball thread.

So now, with all the holes on the O-line, the crap linebackers, iffy Safeties, and sub-par receivers, we should select a nose tackle. I don't like the way things are going.

The good news is you dont need to use a 1st round pick on a nose.....there will be veterans and guys later in the draft

If I had to hazard a guess......I would say that 1st round pick is gonna be a monster LB