Best/Worst Visiting Fan Experience

When going to watch the Bills on the road what cities have the best fans to tailgate with and have fun with? I've only been to two. New Orleans was awesome, the people were extra friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Houston twice, and their fans were just neutral. No trouble, but not even a lot of fun back and forth banter/trash talk.

Kansas City and Green Bay both were awesome. I give the slight edge to Green Bay. I have been up there for Preseason games and 3 regular season games. A couple of those regular season games were in December. I cannot ever remember being so drunk, and yet so cold at the same time. Fans are excellent in both cities and the tailgating is top notch as well.

i have not gone to the "linc" as it is known , here in philly, but i am going to go out on a limb and say it would probably rank as one of the worst, if not , thee worst. this is based on the various reports of fans of the visiting teams getting the crap kicked out of them. i know it has happened at the baseball park where NY Met fans regularly get in fights and i think it would be a safe assumption that a fan of the visiting team at an eagles game would not have a "pleasant" experience.

Edited by dwight in philly

Atlanta was bland.

Charlotte slightly less so.

Denver didn't impress me at all. Fans did not seem particularly knowledgeable about football.

I look forward to one day checking out KC or Green Bay, I hear great things.

I'm not a big tailgater, I've been to these:

Houston - Pretty cool pre game experience with a country rock band playing the parking lot. Everyone was cool. Lady in front of was gloating during the game until Blue Dredsloe got us the lead at the end for the win. Then she got persnicketty.

New Orleans - People were very cool and welcoming. Of course the Saints sucked then so they couldn't really say too much.

Seattle - In 2004 it was pretty tame. Now, probably no so much. The bandwagon fans are horrible. Opposing fans have been beat up. Cops even had under cover cops in 49er jerseys to catch punks last year.

Dallas - It was pre season a long time ago and I was not yet a Bills fan but my future wife was. We tailgated with my cousins and brothers so it was pretty cool. My drunk cigar smoking cousin did start trash talking to her after the game though.

I've been to Miami 5 times. Each time I am amazed at the lack of security during the game. Arguments, escalating into shoving, escalating into fights...and NO security to be found anywhere.

Not sure how they get away with this when big brother(the NFL) is always watching.

I've actually had fun at 2 Patriots games at Gillette. A lot of Bills fans in New England. The worst is getting out of Foxboro on US 1. You need to stay extra long after games.

I've only been to one game, yes, one. This year was my first game. I went to Gillette and there were a lot of fellow Bills fans there. I had a great experience. The fans were great and didn't mind that I was a Bills fan. I talked to Bills fans and Pats fans alike. All were nice, friendly and pleasant. In fact, a group of pats fans (with one Bills fan in their group) next to us tailgating actually offer some food. Great tasting steak tips I must say.

I was a little apprehensive at first, but in talking with the fans there were no problems at all. And, you're right about the traffic. My group stayed in the lot late because of traffic. Ha, we actually got kicked out of the parking lot because it was closing we stayed so late after the game! It really was a great experience...would have been better with a Bills win, but the they did play one hell of a game!

San Francisco- only saw Bills at the old stadium, which was terrible. There were lots of fights. The new stadium is far away and much nicer than Candlestick. Probably eliminated a good chunk of the thug fans from going/getting in. whne I went to Ravens/Niners earlier this year, there were lots of Ravens fans- I saw no problems. Great food inside the new stadium.

Oakland- surprisingly fun. Stadium is old and fans get a bad rap, but I've had fun and was never harassed. Oakland fans realize Buffalo and the Raiders are old school AFL, I think. The stadium never sells out, so you can walk all over place. Not much around the stadium, though. Best move is to head over the bridge to San Francisco after the game.

Seattle- great stadium downtown- you can walk from your hotel. No taligating, but you can go to bars and party before after. Seattle is a great city- tons to do there. The stadium itself is impressive. I hope the Bills take note when constructing a new one downtown.

Arizona- only saw the Bills in Tempe. It was so long ago, Flutie played and we killed them. that stadium was in a college area, so there were tons of bars adjacent to the stadium. There were easily more Bills fans in the stadium than Cards fans. The new one is way out there, I believe.

San Diego- old stadium in a valley away from downtown. Fans are great- no problems. It's the mellow SoCal fanbase. It's San Diego, so there is so much to do beyond the game.

I saw the Bills in Seattle in 04. It was Quest field then I think. It was awesome. Seattle is a pretty amazing town and the stadium is right at the southern edge. Wonderful place to watch a game even if it's artificially loud.

Yeah I went to that game too. It was awesome. We whipped 'em good.

However the fans in 2015 are different than those fans. When Pete came and the Hawks got good again with all their trash talking and swag they attracted a ton of new band wagon fans that are not like the old fans. So it will be interesting to see how it goes next year.

But you're right. It is a nice stadium. New, but not with too much cheese like a lot the new ones like the Boss Hogg Dome (Cowboys) or 49ers.

But hey, I love the Ralph and hope we just sit tight there. Game experience as we know it will be gone. Tailgating and bowling ball shots as we know it will be gone forever. We're talking major gentrification here. Be careful what you ask for.

Edited by reddogblitz

Yeah I went to that game too. It was awesome. We whipped 'em good.

However the fans in 2015 are different than those fans. When Pete came and the Hawks got good again with all their trash talking and swag they attracted a ton of new band wagon fans that are not like the old fans. So it will be interesting to see how it goes next year.

But you're right. It is a nice stadium. New, but not with too much cheese like a lot the new ones like the Boss Hogg Dome (Cowboys) or 49ers.

But hey, I love the Ralph and hope we just sit tight there. Game experience as we know it will be gone. Tailgating and bowling ball shots as we know it will be gone forever. We're talking major gentrification here. Be careful what you ask for.

Lol. I've never heard it called that before.

From what I've heard talking to people who were at the old Cowboys stadium, Dallas fans are disapointingly boring and reserved in the stadium.

From what I've heard talking to people who were at the old Cowboys stadium, Dallas fans are disapointingly boring and reserved in the stadium.

I went to a lot of games at Texas Stadium from 1972 until 1988. I sold programs and then we got to watch the rest of the game.

Far from reserved during the Tom Landry 20 straight winning seasons hayday. And we could bring in our own beer. Never saw anyone doing bowling ball shots, but still ...

Edited by reddogblitz

I've been to 17 different stadiums and by far the best experience was at FEDEX Field. The Redskins fans were terrific.

The Patriots fans are the absolute worst, can't go 10 feet without a stupid comment.

Now both cases may have been impacted by the fact that the Bills are divisional rivals of the Patriots and not so much with the Redskins. I don't know if a Cowboys, Giants or Eagles fan might have a different experience.

In all fairness though RWS is right up there with its share of obnoxious drunken douche bags. I cringe when I hear our fans abusing opposing fans, sometimes families with young kids or teenagers.

That was my experience when I went to the old stadium.

I've seen the Bills at 21 stadiums around the league. It all comes down to circumstance. If you're sitting by an A-hole or 10, it'll certainly influence your experience. A good time is to be had at all stadiums. Although I HATE New England and will never go back.

I agree with you on all points. I try to be respectful and talk to the folks around me and not be a jerk in the unlikely event the Bills are accidentally winning.

Edited by HT02

Awesome experience: Jacksonville. Went with old friends who had #400+/- club seats which included great food (think sea bass, not just steamed hot dogs) and unlimted beer and wine. Bills fans ruled the stadium.

Horrible experience: Jacksonville. Hotter than the sun for an early season game. At one point we were the only people still sitting in our row with 25+/- seats. Everyone went into the AC to watch in a not so ritzy club section. I peeled for weeks. I could have saved $500 and watched at home on TV. It was miserable.

Nashville was also very nice this year. Great city and nice fans all around us.

i have not gone to the "linc" as it is known , here in philly, but i am going to go out on a limb and say it would probably rank as one of the worst, if not , thee worst. this is based on the various reports of fans of the visiting teams getting the crap kicked out of them. i know it has happened at the baseball park where NY Met fans regularly get in fights and i think it would be a safe assumption that a fan of the visiting team at an eagles game would not have a "pleasant" experience.

You mean the fans that threw snow balls at Santa would not be accommodating, the city of BROTHERLY LOVE ??

Say it ain't so !!

Any Bills Super Bowl trip had a certain level of disappointment. My only Super Bowl trip was watching them lose in Minneapolis. Actually a great city, but not exactly a vacation mecca during that time of year.

I've seen the Bills at 21 stadiums around the league. It all comes down to circumstance. If you're sitting by an A-hole or 10, it'll certainly influence your experience. A good time is to be had at all stadiums. Although I HATE New England and will never go back.

21 stadiums? That's awesome! Only 7 for me.

Cincy was bland. Big meh, but they weren't good at the time. The stadium is odd in a disjointed kind of way. Really didn't like it at all. Cleveland is a lot like Buffalo in the game day experience respect. A lot of it has to do with how the team is doing. Stadium is good, not great. Pittsburgh's stadium is a notch above Cleveland's. Liked it. Good experience overal.

Cincy was bland. Big meh, but they weren't good at the time. The stadium is odd in a disjointed kind of way. Really didn't like it at all. Cleveland is a lot like Buffalo in the game day experience respect. A lot of it has to do with how the team is doing. Stadium is good, not great. Pittsburgh's stadium is a notch above Cleveland's. Liked it. Good experience overal.

I went to a Bunguls - Bills game at the old Riverfront stadium. Not much to write home about. Fans were decent enough.

You mean the fans that threw snow balls at Santa would not be accommodating, the city of BROTHERLY LOVE ??

Say it ain't so !!

:D the fans are a fickle bunch, to say the least, and pretty much miserable. i have seen enough of the live interviews from the pre-game shows to ascertain that the tailgating is pretty sterile, could be wrong, but does not seem to compare to the ralph's, obviously.

Edited by dwight in philly