Roman was Exellent today

BillsFan130

I thought Roman had his best game plan of the season. He was very creative and unpredictable and the Texans looked off balance almost all afternoon. To manage 30 points and almost 400 yards against a defence that has been lights out the last 4 weeks is very impressive and it shows great game planning and execution by his players

I thought Roman had his best game plan of the season. He was very creative and unpredictable and the Texans looked off balance almost all afternoon. To manage 30 points and almost 400 yards against a defence that has been lights out the last 4 weeks is very impressive and it shows great game planning and execution by his players

Me too. Even early second half I thought it was execution and Shady going out not scheme.

If Woods doesn't trip over his own feet or Clay catches when wide open then the game might have been more comfortable.

Me too. Even early second half I thought it was execution and Shady going out not scheme.

If Woods doesn't trip over his own feet or Clay catches when wide open then the game might have been more comfortable.

Ya exactly. Woods is really bothering me on this offence, as well as they have been the last 2 weeks, he continues to make mistakes

He was great. But the trick plays in the red zone have to stop. Not a single one has worked this season and it drives me nuts.

Couldn't agree more. Can't say i'm a fan of that wildcat

Loved the fade to Watkins, where has that been?

Finally throwing to Clay in the middle, been begging for that all year

Wish they would throw more screens especially to Sammy and get under center more as the gun limits the running plays they can run

Romans offense has been better than Rex's defense for the most part this year

This isn't a "wait til next year" post, but if Taylor and company get another year in Roman's system -- just wait til next year! They barely had any time together as a unit in camp due to injuries this year and all of the key pieces were in and out of the lineup in the first half of the season. I imagine they'll get even better with this season and a full off season together in the same system.

Loved the fade to Watkins, where has that been?

Finally throwing to Clay in the middle, been begging for that all year

Wish they would throw more screens especially to Sammy and get under center more as the gun limits the running plays they can run

Romans offense has been better than Rex's defense for the most part this year

Ya especially as of late. When tyrod Sammy and Watkins are clicking, this offence can be dangerous

It may be my inattentiveness, but I've never seen the right and left offensive tackle swap positions at the line like he did today in the 4th quarter. Trotting Cordy Glenn to the right TE position next to Mills was also pretty novel. Bringing a TE from the other side of the line to crack down on Watt was pretty cool too. They really planned for watt. Kudos, Roman and Kromer.

Roman was at the top of his game today (and needed to be with Ryan's D). His only glaring issue is third and five (or thereabouts). This usually calls for a short pass over the middle or a swing pass to a RB, but Tyrod can't throw the first and Roman never calls the second.

Gotta give him huge props, however, for his game plan today. Tyrod's chemistry on long balls with Sammy is a lethal weapon that opens up the ground game.

Ya they really need to throw him the ball more. 3 targets is not enough. When you throw it too him, usually good things happen

This ^ Exactly why I'm not going to show a lot of love for Roman because of this one game. They still only targeted Sammy four times! That's not enough. The execution was great today, and big plays made the difference. I'll give the players credit for that. Not ready to give the credit for this one to Roman.

He had a great first half, 2nd half, not so much. He needs to create some simple slants and short routes for Sammy. He can't just keep running 9-fly. Luckily for us, they left Clay uncovered for the win.

Watkins has Moss and Owens like potential early in his career. Those guys were never targeted only four times. This continues to drive me crazy. Regardless of wins or losses. The issue is still there. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Agree, I knew it was gonna take Romans best game plan and Taylors best game of the season till now, to win the game. They both delivered and we won. I called it. On Sat morning in this playoff possibility post

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/12/5/9853324/play-2-win-but-we-can-still-make-the-playoffs-if-we-lose-this-week

Agree, I knew it was gonna take Romans best game plan and Taylors best game of the season till now, to win the game. They both delivered and we won. I called it. On Sat morning in this playoff possibility post

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/12/5/9853324/play-2-win-but-we-can-still-make-the-playoffs-if-we-lose-this-week

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back :ph34r:

I love how he is a complete idiot when we lose and a genius when we win

He's no genius. That 2nd half gameplan almost got us beat, as once again, the Bills were out-adjusted by the opposing coaching staff. The coverage mistake on Clay was the turning point in the game.

Great first half, a few gimmick plays to match those of Houston's.

Seemingly not so excellent in the 3rd QTR. Three possessions 0 points. Who do you blame for not having the laces out?

Five possessions in the 4th QTR to net 9 points. I can live with it but I would have liked more points put up to have a comfortable finish and not have to chew my nails hoping the Defense could stop them passing on 1st & 10, then 2nd & 10, then 3rd & 10, then 4th and 10.

Another efficient day 11 of 21 for 211 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's 1 sack.

With all those deep balls 211 seems like the #s don't add up.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back :ph34r:

He's no genius. That 2nd half gameplan almost got us beat, as once again, the Bills were out-adjusted by the opposing coaching staff. The coverage mistake on Clay was the turning point in the game.

If you look, I believe all our bad drives stalled due to either a drop or a bad penalty.

This offense is not designed to be in 2nd and 20. If we don't commit silly errors, they could have probably scored every time.

If you look, I believe all our bad drives stalled due to either a drop or a bad penalty.

This offense is not designed to be in 2nd and 20. If we don't commit silly errors, they could have probably scored every time.

That is correct. The drives ended because of poor execution (multiple drops, Woods standing out of bounds to make a catch, and Woods inexplicably falling down on what should have been a td) or penalties (ie, a hold negating a big pass to Watkins). That can't be blamed on the OC.

I would like to see the Bills add another big body target WR opposite Watkins then can jump really high and for the red zone.

I'd like to see them add a speed guy (who has some size, not a 5'9" guy) who can run go routes and open up some underneath stuff for Watkins. They have Percy and Goodwin but they - obviously - haven't worked out. I'm guessing the reason they have Watkins going deep so often is that they have nobody left on the active roster who can do it reliably.

This ^ Exactly why I'm not going to show a lot of love for Roman because of this one game. They still only targeted Sammy four times! That's not enough. The execution was great today, and big plays made the difference. I'll give the players credit for that. Not ready to give the credit for this one to Roman.

But I think that is more on Tyrod than Roman. I'm sure Roman tells tyrod who the primary read is but at the end of the day tyrod is the one throwing the ball

I love how he is a complete idiot when we lose and a genius when we win

Not in my opinion. I ripped on him even when they beat the Jets. The game plan was very different and unpredictable yesterday opposed to other games even when they did win

Great first half, a few gimmick plays to match those of Houston's.

Seemingly not so excellent in the 3rd QTR. Three possessions 0 points. Who do you blame for not having the laces out?

Five possessions in the 4th QTR to net 9 points. I can live with it but I would have liked more points put up to have a comfortable finish and not have to chew my nails hoping the Defense could stop them passing on 1st & 10, then 2nd & 10, then 3rd & 10, then 4th and 10.

Another efficient day 11 of 21 for 211 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's 1 sack.

With all those deep balls 211 seems like the #s don't add up.

Clay drop, Woods fall, Woods OB, Hogan drop all would have changed the complexion of the second half. There were plays to be made. We just didnt make them.