Roman was Exellent today

BillsFan130

But I think that is more on Tyrod than Roman. I'm sure Roman tells tyrod who the primary read is but at the end of the day tyrod is the one throwing the ball

It is completly fair to place it on Tyrod as well. My issue is the lack of slants, screens, and curls etc designed for Sammy. I realize this isn't an original idea as many on this board have already pointed this out. With the exception of the fade route TD on Sunday, the only play to Sammy has been the go route. I love testing the defense three to four times a game this way. However, I'd like to see more creative ways to get Sammy the ball aside from the old "run as fast as you can Sammy, and throw it as far as you can Tyrod". That's great but he still needs more targets. Elite recievers get more than four targets a game. If it is all on Tyrod it's still poor coaching in my opinion. In that case coached need to sit down with their QB and remind him to give Sammy more targets. Even if it means forcing the ball occasionally. Daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia both became Pro Bowlers by forcing the ball to Moss and Owens respectively. That's why you trade up for an elite reciever. Those guys carried their teams to the playoffs in their prime. That's the kind of player Sammy should be but our game plan is wasting him.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

But I think that is more on Tyrod than Roman. I'm sure Roman tells tyrod who the primary read is but at the end of the day tyrod is the one throwing the ball

It is completly fair to place it on Tyrod as well. My issue is the lack of slants, screens, and curls etc designed for Sammy. I realize this isn't an original idea as many on this board have already pointed this out. With the exception of the fade route TD on Sunday, the only play to Sammy has been the go route. I love testing the defense three to four times a game this way. However, I'd like to see more creative ways to get Sammy the ball aside from the old "run as fast as you can Sammy, and throw it as far as you can Tyrod". That's great but he still needs more targets. Elite recievers get more than four targets a game. If it is all on Tyrod it's still poor coaching in my opinion. In that case coached need to sit down with their QB and remind him to give Sammy more targets. Even if it means forcing the ball occasionally. Daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia both became Pro Bowlers by forcing the ball to Moss and Owens respectively. That's why you trade up for an elite reciever. Those guys carried their teams to the playoffs in their prime. That's the kind of player Sammy should be but our game plan is wasting him.

Ya I can't disagree there. Both the QB and coaches deserve responsibility for sure

If you look, I believe all our bad drives stalled due to either a drop or a bad penalty.

This offense is not designed to be in 2nd and 20. If we don't commit silly errors, they could have probably scored every time.

the last I recall it was 3 Bills penalties for 22 yards and Houston with 7 or 9??

edited

The last 2 were 10 yards each Bills 5-42 Houston 10-89

Edited by NOVABillsFan

I thought Roman had his best game plan of the season. He was very creative and unpredictable and the Texans looked off balance almost all afternoon. To manage 30 points and almost 400 yards against a defence that has been lights out the last 4 weeks is very impressive and it shows great game planning and execution by his players

Agreed 100%