Tyrod was everything I wanted in a QB today

Virgil

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baby steps. He threw over the middle with anticipation (Clay drop) and evaded the rush and still threw the ball downfield (right side to Sammy and the Woods slip in the end zone)

Nice TD to Woods (who is driving me crazy) and developing chemistry with his go to guy Sammy.

All this against a good defense.

So far so good.

Against the best defense statistically in the NFL actually.

4 ints on the season and could of been maybe 1 or 2 today for his first season starting- c'mon man please!

^THIS^

Jesus, should I just remove the initial post, or would people like to read a thread before posting?

Against the best defense statistically in the NFL actually.

Today was a huge step. How many 3rd down conversions in the first half?

against the best rated D in stopping a drive.

Roman did a nice job. and so did the O in general today.

Jordan Mills FTW!!

Jesus, should I just remove the initial post, or would people like to read a thread before posting?

Rubes! dont worry we just get all over the road here

Today was a huge step. How many 3rd down conversions in the first half?

against the best rated D in stopping a drive.

Roman did a nice job. and so did the O in general today.

Jordan Mills FTW!!

It really was an impressive performance against a strong defense. The same was true against the Jets defense. When this offense is on, it can match up with anybody.

Rubes! dont worry we just get all over the road here

:thumbsup:

Anything that can be picked apart and harped on, will be. I'm amazed this has stayed on topic this long.

I didn't take it as criticism. I wasn't saying he was perfect anyways. But he played a complete game that I want as a started. That comes with good and bad.

I read it and I am in agreeance with you! Its some of the others that dont understand how well this kids doing as its his first year as a starter- but then again probably 90 percent on this board may of never played football before and dont seem to understand how fast it is out there.

There wasn't a single pass I questioned. He showed attitude after drops and slow pace.

Played the game to win and loved it. Even if they lost, it wasn't on him.

I'm good at QB

Not yet for me, I was at the game but he did take a nice step forward today. Clearly going through one or two progressions at the start, he improved in spots but still throws a little late quite often. He's getting better though. I really liked in the third before Carpenter's missed 50 yarder how he had room to run but saw a seam to Woods in the endzone though the ball got there a split sec too soon and woods couldn't adjust to it. Knowing it was third down he could have run for the first and should have but I did love the mentality.

He's improving and has a legit shot to be our franchise but we may not have the answer until next year. We'll see but I have hope in him, and that's a great thing because we won't be in a good position to draft one.

He's still a work in progress, but we can win with him at QB. I really like the fact that he protects the ball well. There's still room for improvement, but he looks like the job is his to lose for the forseeable future. I'd still like to have a seasoned vet behind him at #2

30 points and 4 TDs and no turnovers and three plays over 40 yards and great third down percentage against a top defense... What more could anyone want.

Well a certain poster here has repeatedly said Taylor is flat out 'dumb,' so I guess he would want a smarter QB. But when asked as to how he came to this conclusion, he had no real response.

How can you not be a fan of the guy? Imagine this level of quarterbacking with the defense from last year. We'd be challenging the Patriots for the division title. And the guy has only started 10 games in his career. It's not reasonable to want him to be perfect just yet. He's growing and he'll get there. I just hope the team is smart enough to develop and keep him.

He did a great job, he has all season. I think he should give the Bills some consistant QB play over the next few seasons. The Bills still need to draft a future franchise QB next year or the next year after that. Most QBs right now are taking a couple of years to develop before becoming good starters. EJ still has a lot of upside, I know I'm crazy, but he is done in Buffalo. Give EJ a chance. N. Hackett didnt give him any help developing.

But what do we all think of his TD celebration? Hotline Bling.

I'm glad he didn't Dab. That needs to take a rest now that coaches and owners are doing it.

@buffalobills

You used to call me on my cell phone. #TyrodTime #HotlineBling

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/673693020819099648/pu/vid/1280x720/r-HCcjQ1CqK-xS2R.mp4

17 TDs, 4 INTs, 3 rushing TDs....not bad

Any of us wouldve signed up for this type of performance in the off-season. As the Defense got worse Tyrods workload got bigger and for the most part he's stepped up. He's just gonna get better. G-Ro just has to have great game plans like today's in order to get to the WC round.

Very pleased with his last 2 games vs very good defenses. I still don't know what the heck happened in the 2nd half vs KC...but we had that game and I fault Rex as much as anyone.

So if it all ends another year out...at least we know who's getting almost all the reps with the ones come OTAs.

I'll give you that one dropped int, but I equally think that's as much him following a progression and a zone in the right place, right time

There were 2 i remember. I wanted to see him get the record. Its nit picky but i need to see him start winning after throwing 30+. He is good for now. But next year i need to see him keep progressing. He is still missing open guys and thinking too long. Just worried that the longer he played the more teams take away

Yeah, good points! He is definitely a leader. EJ was always afraid to speak up to teammates like that.

It seemed that way

No. There are some sad and truly pathetic people in this world who only want to hear what makes them feel good and want everyone else to shut up. Those people don't matter and you should never concern yourself with their opinions of you.

No. There are some sad and truly pathetic people in this world who only want to hear what makes them feel good and want everyone else to shut up. Those people don't matter and you should never concern yourself with their opinions of you.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them pathetic but yeah, it's annoying that anytime someone posts something critical of any QB on the team a group of people have to jump down their throats, even if the post is spot on.

There wasn't a single pass I questioned. He showed attitude after drops and slow pace.

Played the game to win and loved it. Even if they lost, it wasn't on him.

I'm good at QB

15 years of QB misery has made me highly skeptical. But I agree with everything you said here. Just because I can't be truly happy until we win a playoff game, my sole remaining doubt is whether or not he can stay healthy.

15 years of QB misery has made me highly skeptical. But I agree with everything you said here. Just because I can't be truly happy until we win a playoff game, my sole remaining doubt is whether or not he can stay healthy.

I wondered what would become our next benchmark of misery after we make the playoffs. Thinking ahead, PP!

Very nice game by Tyrod. I'm glad it wasn't wasted by a loss. In postgame Rex mentioned that he had been very good in practice this week with the ball only hitting the ground once on Wednesday. He definitely has something worth keeping. Now he needs time and development and we might end up with our long sought after answer.

Rex was a bit more effusive than that -- he called it perhaps the best day of practice by a QB he had ever seen.

Of course, he's been watching a bunch of should-be grocery baggers out there for most of his HC career, but still...