Bills player I'm done with

DONE WITH

Percy Harvin

I thought he was worth taking a flyer on, now with the personal issues and injury I say move on, cut our losses, and open up the roster spot. He's had too many issues now to dismiss it as nothing. He's not that great when he's actually playing either. One of these guys that has a few decent games during the season, and disappears for the others. Pleny of them floating around for a lot less and without the baggage.

ON THE BUBBLE

Goodwin

- I love how he stretches the defense when he's healthy. Which unfortunately isn't often enough. Could be time to cut our losses and commit the roster spot to someone who can stay healthy and is worth developing.

Carpenter

- weak leg + on and off accuracy issues = lethal combination. Get it fixed or get out.

Robert Woods

- Is he really a legit #2 WR? Plays more like a 3rd or 4th alternative on a team with a quality WR corp. Not too expensive to keep, but is it worth not getting a real #2 here, especially with Watkins injury prone nature?

Boobie Dixon

- he better make the pro bowl at special teams to justify his poor performance out of the backfield.

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Percy is really on a 1 year contract n won't be back.

2-Goodwin is gone after this year.

3-Woods is not a # 2 reciever. He is a slot guy being asked to do to much. A better version of josh reed.

4-Dixon might not make it to the end of the year.

5-*Add mario williams as a guy who will 100% be gone after this year. I remember his contract won't cost us much after this year. He is gone unless he takes a big pay cut which he won 't because he is still young. I think he will go to Dallas.

Edited by Estelle Getty

3-Woods is not a # 2 reciever. He is a slot guy being asked to do to much. A better version of josh reed.

5-*Add mario williams as a guy who will 100% be gone after this year. I remember his contract won't cost us much after this year. He is gone unless he takes a big pay cut which he won 't because he is still young. I think he will go to Dallas.

good description

Must keep Mario. Are you crazy?

Jerry Hughes is not good enough to make up for his dumb penalties. Not worth the $

Harvin had his chance as the number 1 like he wanted and didn't come through

Woods is a tough, durable player and good blocker

Goodwin = Glass

Ron Brooks - shoulda cut his arse after that dumb penalty

Harvin and I was saying that before hand. The guy is just not a very good receiver. His route running is sloppy he doesn't hit his spots. If you just want to use him on sweeps, bubble screens and the odd go route down the sideline then fine. He will not over the course of the season consistently get separation and be in his spot when you need that 3rd down conversion on 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 8.

When you add in the baggage and injuries..... I understood the flier but it was an expensive one year rental and he has been exactly as I expected. I will actually defend Robert Woods as well. I think Woods is being moved out of where he is most effective to get Harvin on the field and I totally oppose that.

Goodwin is done after this year and Dixon probably is too.

Carpenter I'd stick with (but I'd have kept Jordan Gay for kick offs) and the defensive line are not down on numbers because of their play - that is on Rex, nobody else.

Good list. But regarding point #5 No need to cut Mario. They do not need to pay anyone big bucks since harvin will save 6 mil. mario seems more bored than any loss of skills do to the role he plays. he did that in his first year here. And was accused of taking plays off even in Houston. Cut Hughes if someone must go. if not for Mario he is useless. Edited by Best Player Available

I agree with OP and am disappointed in Jerry Hughes because of all the stupid penalties. He did get the strip fumble on Brady but hasn't accomplished much this year after the big contract. I suspect a big hit if he was cut or traded, but maybe it is time to draft a stud lineman and reduce the heavy payroll invested in the line.

Rambo is getting to be a real liability out there too even when playing nickel.

Must keep Mario. Are you crazy?

Jerry Hughes is not good enough to make up for his dumb penalties. Not worth the $

Harvin had his chance as the number 1 like he wanted and didn't come through

Woods is a tough, durable player and good blocker

Goodwin = Glass

Ron Brooks - shoulda cut his arse after that dumb penalty

Hughes is the only one who can seem to get any pressure this year.

Aaron Williams - He's been invisible the last few weeks. Make a play, damn it.

Karlos Williams - See above. Also, what's up with spelling Carlos with a K?

Garrison Sanborn - Every year we waste a roster spot on this a**hole and I can't remember the last time I saw him make a big play.

EJ Manuel - I'm tired of his attitude. Quit calling out your teammates and giving the opponent bulletin board material. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Chris Hogan - Damn affirmative action hire. What's this reverse Rooney rule bull ****?

Garrison Sanborn - Every year we waste a roster spot on this a**hole and I can't remember the last time I saw him make a big play.

EJ Manuel - I'm tired of his attitude. Quit calling out your teammates and giving the opponent bulletin board material. Shut your mouth and play ball.

Chris Hogan - Damn affirmative action hire. What's this reverse Rooney rule bull ****?

you forgot Fred Jackson - bad attitude, drag racing all over the place, not a single yard rushing for us all season!!!

and the "Legend of Kiko Alonso." it's a legend because nobody has seen this guy in 2 years. where'd he go?

DONE WITH

Percy Harvin

I thought he was worth taking a flyer on, now with the personal issues and injury I say move on, cut our losses, and open up the roster spot. He's had too many issues now to dismiss it as nothing. He's not that great when he's actually playing either. One of these guys that has a few decent games during the season, and disappears for the others. Pleny of them floating around for a lot less and without the baggage.

ON THE BUBBLE

Goodwin

- I love how he stretches the defense when he's healthy. Which unfortunately isn't often enough. Could be time to cut our losses and commit the roster spot to someone who can stay healthy and is worth developing.

Carpenter

- weak leg + on and off accuracy issues = lethal combination. Get it fixed or get out.

Robert Woods

- Is he really a legit #2 WR? Plays more like a 3rd or 4th alternative on a team with a quality WR corp. Not too expensive to keep, but is it worth not getting a real #2 here, especially with Watkins injury prone nature?

Boobie Dixon

- he better make the pro bowl at special teams to justify his poor performance out of the backfield.

I'm pretty much done with this whole team. Overhyped and no ass! Little discipline. Championship teams find a way to win. Too many selfish players and loudmouth HC.

The Makings of a Championship team!!!! :wallbash:

End of RANT!

Harvin's contemplating retirement due to chronic hip problem. The good news is he is on a one year deal.

Tired of Goodwin and Sammy - made of glass. Every time Sammy catches the ball I hold my breath. Last catch - no one near him - he sprains an ankle!

I like Mario - I just wish he would play up to his capabilities. Maybe we can give him a little of Kyle Williams 'motor'.

Never should have cut Jordan Gay. Bengals wouldn't have had those kick returns to mid field if he were still here.

I wasn't a fan of giving Hughes a big contract in the first place. OTOH, do you guys really think Whaley is going to 180 on him? No one can like his boneheaded personal fouls, but Whaley has some personal rep invested here. The trade to get him, the big contract ... I dunno. Now, if it was Bill Belichick making the decision, I'd be more inclined to agree that "bad results -> out the door" regardless of the situation. BB has proven he's quite capable of pulling the trigger on anyone on the roster.

I wasn't a fan of giving Hughes a big contract in the first place. OTOH, do you guys really think Whaley is going to 180 on him? No one can like his boneheaded personal fouls, but Whaley has some personal rep invested here. The trade to get him, the big contract ... I dunno. Now, if it was Bill Belichick making the decision, I'd be more inclined to agree that "bad results -> out the door" regardless of the situation. BB has proven he's quite capable of pulling the trigger on anyone on the roster.

hes 6 weeks into the deal. no coach or gm is shipping a guy out that fast.

Mario isnt going anywhere. There will be cap space available for him.

DONE WITH

Percy Harvin

Careen probably over - has Bo Jackson type hip injury.

ON THE BUBBLE

Goodwin

China Doll...gotta go.

Carpenter

Until a better solution is in hand - stick with Kid Rock

Robert Woods

In an offense where we cant get the ball to the X receiver, we are going to site the Y and/or Z as ineffective? He's serviceable at worst.

Boobie Dixon

He's the last leader we have on offense and they had better think long and hard before getting rid of him....the locker room is almost lost as it is today...

DONE WITH

Percy Harvin

Careen probably over - has Bo Jackson type hip injury.

ON THE BUBBLE

Goodwin

China Doll...gotta go.

Carpenter

Until a better solution is in hand - stick with Kid Rock

Robert Woods

In an offense where we cant get the ball to the X receiver, we are going to site the Y and/or Z as ineffective? He's serviceable at worst.

Boobie Dixon

He's the last leader we have on offense and they had better think long and hard before getting rid of him....the locker room is almost lost as it is today...

oh gee, now i seriously feel bad for the guy

Mulligan (Gragg is a better receiver and Mulligan is the most frustrating player to see on 3rd downs - no way he is a #2 TE)

Rambo (Nice way to enter the organization, but now that play time has increased I see him as a huge liability, especially in red zone coverage)

Dixon (obvious)

Goodwin (obvious)

Lay off Mario - Theres a long history of him being unhappy in 3-4 schemes.

Hughes - bit hard on the Rex culture and turned it into dumb penalties - just look at what Schwartz and Pettine did with him....keep him here.

Glass - wanted so bad for him to be Marvin Harrison...can't keep putting the kid on IR and hoping...cut

Woods - keep...he is not a #1, runs a nice route...has great hands...is tough...good blocker...team guy.

Harvin - scratched head when they got him...inevitable problem machine. Cut - stop wasting touches the other guys need

Sammy - do I really need to say why he's a keeper? Let's relax, had a great rookie season...sophmore slump/victim of scheme. Injuries a concern..not enough to cut bait.

McKelvin - wished him gone years ago. Inconsistent, no ball skills and overpaid for his production. Like all DBs, they get tons of credit for INTs and pass defense but this guy gets roasted more than beef at Charlie the Butcher's.

Stupidity - year after year I watch this team take stupid penalties. It's not just this year but seemingly an annual run at incredulity. The Brooks taunt is the epitome of the problem. How the f*@k does he do that after all the focus on not taking penalties? Seriously, that's like your boss telling you that if you come in late one more time, you're fired. And then you proceed to walk in 30 minutes late the next day and intentionally walk by his office so he can see you coming in with your lunch in one hand and a coffee in the other. I understand occasional calls or necessary penalties (hold to save your QB's life) but blocks in the back, personal fouls, and the like I detest.

hahahaha. Fantastic list!!! Well done.