Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya but I'd hate to see him sacked and get more injured

CBF

I will not be surprised at all if Taylor starts...nor will I be surprised if EJ plays a significant portion of the game (because Taylor's knee injury is aggravated).

Bottom line -- get them both ready to beat the damn Bungles.

I think EJ will still play but getting TT prepared isn't a bad thing. Keeps the Bengals guessing.

You spoke with TT's doc?

its further up thread, a former orthopedic surgeon who worked with NFL players for 17 years is on Twitter and provides info on player injuries based on his experience, after seeing video of the injury. not guaranteeing it's accurate but it's just informed speculation from a guy who's seen it. Nothing more or less.

I will not be surprised at all if Taylor starts...nor will I be surprised if EJ plays a significant portion of the game (because Taylor's knee injury is aggravated).

Bottom line -- get them both ready to beat the damn Bungles.

I really think Tyrod should rest for a game or two, even if he's a pocket guy, he's gonna get hit, and likely rolled up, because defensive players know to go after it.

Edited by Dorkington

BTW, on a tangent, I hope someone expresses to TT that he is this team's starter.

...I want him to know for sure that if he is injured he can sit; not that he better play no matter what or risk losing his job.

But what if EJ or Josh gets in and the offense hums like a well tuned Chevy 454? Ask Trent Green about that.

Edited by reddogblitz

Classic over reactions. I loved the article about Fred in Seattle where he talks about how even keeled they are out there.

"You notice how even-keeled people are," Jackson said. "We're 2-3, and its not like we are self-imploding or it's the end of the world. There's confidence we'll get to where we want to be. It's all in our control"

Looking at the top teams you see that's how they do things. Calculated decisions and not reacting, over reaching, changing after a bump. If EJ is in on Sunday and the line protects him we will be fine. He showed us that in Preseason when he played with the #1s. We should expect that the line will protect the QB. We need to get more in the mindset of the Steelers, Patriots, Packers etc. and stop the churn and blaming everyone.

When th Bills were tearing up the league in the 90's, people were even keel here, too. Fred was here for the worst stretch ever. It's a lot easier when your players, coach, and owner are all proven. Edited by HoF Watkins

When th Bills were tearing up the league in the 90's, people were even keel here, too. Fred was here for the worst stretch ever.

Exactly. It's not how the fanbase is, it's how the fanbase is at this time.

To say we need to be more like the Steelers, Pats, and Packers fans... I'd say it would help greatly if the team was like the Steelers, Pats, or Packers! Consistent winning over long stretches of time will create a patient level-headed fanbase.

Why not rest him for 3 weeks along with Lesean and get those two 100% by Miami. Ej can win on Sunday and I sure as hell hope he could win against the Jags. One bad hit and Tyrod is done for the year...I mean seriously

This.

Be conservative with injuries. If EJ were to start and loose against the Bungals, 3-3 big deal!

Besides, I think EJ could win.

In any event... why takes risks with Tyrod?

Well it's no surprise what a player gets better with real NFL caliber coaching.

@JonTWCNews

Every #Bills player I spoke w/ says EJ Manuel is more accurate, decisive, and confident than last year and even training camp.

@JonTWCNews

EJ himself says same thing and believes previous experience w/ offensive guys (Woods, Watkins, etc) helps bc report already there. #Bills

I think you need to play EJ...

Tyrod is hobbled and I have to think that playing with an MCL sprain makes a more serious knee injury more likely.

Tyrod has pretty much been ineffective passing the ball for a couple of games now. Let's let him heal up and see if EJ can play well. If so, we have a good problem. If not, we know about EJ going forward.

I don't see how putting out a busted up Tyrod helps anything.

We feel we have our QBs of the present and the future in Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel.

"Is the future...now?!?"

This hot take and more coming to a thread near you after the EJ led Bills beat the Bengals this Sunday!

Well it's no surprise what a player gets better with real NFL caliber coaching.

@JonTWCNews

Every #Bills player I spoke w/ says EJ Manuel is more accurate, decisive, and confident than last year and even training camp.

@JonTWCNews

EJ himself says same thing and believes previous experience w/ offensive guys (Woods, Watkins, etc) helps bc report already there. #Bills

I don't think Jon could have made a more pot stirring tweet.

Tyrod is hobbled and I have to think that playing with an MCL sprain makes a more serious knee injury more likely.

Tyrod has pretty much been ineffective passing the ball for a couple of games now. Let's let him heal up and see if EJ can play well. If so, we have a good problem. If not, we know about EJ going forward.

I agree with this. The reason Taylor is the starter is because he is able to make plays with his legs when nothing else is there. His speed and elusiveness are his strength. He's not a great pocket passer. If he is unable to get out and run safely, he loses his effectiveness and in my opinion that puts EJ ahead of him in terms of ability to make plays and help the offense be productive. Let TT sit for a week or two and let EJ play. Both showed in preseason that they can run this offense and be productive.

If EJ plays and does well, but has Sammy, what does that tell us?

Get off of this stuff already. You gotta produce with what you got. I saw EJ a couple of years ago kill it vs the Jets with Graham and Goodwin as the starting WRs. I was at that game. I remember it well. SJ was injured and Woods was serving a one game suspension for illegal punching.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111700/2013/REG11/jets@bills?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap2000000283521&tab=recap

I thought Hotrod was better than EJ. If he is, he should be able to produce with sub WRs too.

Enough with the excuses. This was even a pre excuse. :cry:

Edited by reddogblitz

Get off of this stuff already. You gotta produce with what you got. I saw EJ a couple of years ago kill it vs the Jets with Graham and Goodwin as the starting WRs. I was at that game. I remember it well. Sammy was injured and Woods was serving a one game suspension for illegal punching.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111700/2013/REG11/jets@bills?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap2000000283521&tab=recap

I thought Hotrod was better than EJ. If he is, he should be able to produce with sub WRs too.

Enough with the excuses. This was even a pre excuse. :cry:

woods wasn't suspended for that punch. He was fined. He didn't punch that guy from Miami until December. That Jets game was in November. If he didn't play, he must have been hurt.

Did you mean Stevie instead of Sammy?

Edited by YoloinOhio

woods wasn't suspended for that punch. He was fined. He didn't punch that guy from Miami until December. That Jets game was in November. If he didn't play, he must have been hurt.

Hmmm. Must have been. Bottom line, he didn't play. Graham and Goodwin were the top WRs on the day with 71 and 84 yards respectively.

And Sammy wasn't on the team yet. I fixed that, but you were too fast for me!

Hmmm. Must have been. Bottom line, he didn't play. Graham and Goodwin were the top WRs on the day with 71 and 84 yards respectively.

And Sammy wasn't on the team yet. I fixed that, but you were too fast for me!

it was EJs best game for sure. Bad weather too if I recall

If EJ really lights it up, they won't take him out. I am not sure having Sammy changes that, though it's unfair to TT.

I seem to remember Rex saying that TT is the starter "for now" back around the time they made their decision. It hasn't been repeated to my knowledge but it did make my ears perk up when he said that. Made me think they were hoping that EJ would eventually be the longtime answer. I have been concerned the last couple of weeks with the number of TT's passes that appear to be higher than they should be when they reach the receiver. That's going to be a problem when teams figure out how to limit his running. Don't get me wrong, I like TT but there's stock in being able to see over the big guys up front.

Exactly.

I agree also, I think Tyrod's play has suffered since he first injured it and now it's getting worse. I think he's emergency backup this week and the rest is a smokescreen. Sammy's quotes today agree.

People are going to try and talk themselves into whatever they like, that's human nature. But Roman and Ryan picked Taylor over Manuel for a reason, that reason being that in their opinion Taylor gives them the better chance of winning overall. Period. Even when Taylor was obviously banged up Sunday after the pseudo horse collar, they put Manuel in for one play only and it was a simple hand off. Even now after signing a QB off the street, Ryan is still holding out hope that Taylor can still play Sunday. It is exceptionally clear that Roman and Ryan don't view Manuel as an upgrade ... in any regard.

I dont know that. and i think you are guessing at best ; )

TT has struggled mostly. But of course he is only five games in , and less then 100% since preseason per Rex.

The right thing to do is give the reins back to tyrod once he is full go. Sooner if EJ stinks it up. and Later if EJM shines. I dont care if they switch them up during the game honestly.

Ian Rappoport said on NFLN that EJ is the likely starter and also mentioned that some in the organization still think he can become the franchise QB. Might just be Whaley, but who knows?

I think it's more than just Whaley. Rex did say that he wanted to develop EJ and from what we saw in preseason, that appeared to be exactly what they were doing. [no tea leaves were harmed in making this assessment]

I think this is exactly what he is thinking. very competitive those two!

Let TT know he can sit and is still the starter.

No reason for him to think otherwise...until the situation changes. Those two are in practice together every day and know each other's capabilities. If TT is nervous, that can only mean good things for the team overall.