Karlos TD: Step by Step

Astrobot

I went back and watched Karlos's TD using screen grabs. Greg Roman's genius is in its unpredictability. In this series of pictures you see the genius. You also see why we're going to be okay without McCoy or Watkins, as this includes some of the B Team against the Fins' good D.

Step 1. --Woods and Marqueis Gray block down, and Incognito pulls. Seantrel is already moving to the second level, and Wood is turning his man.

pic.twitter.com/K34lxCKF2g

Step 2. --EJ has handed off to Karlos, Seantrel makes contact with a LB, Hogan is moving into a block on a DB.

pic.twitter.com/LZoxp1C6RK

Step 3. --Cordy and Wood have completely turned their man, Karlos still has 2 lanes, which the LB has to respect. Incognito moves toward him.

pic.twitter.com/OlT1e0LLiM

Step 4: --Gray and Incognito form the lane, Seantrel is 6 yards downfield, Felton is on the ground but Woods has taken him out, and Hogan moves in on the last DB.

pic.twitter.com/V5e8Rsexv8

Step 5. --It's Karlos off to the races with many Bills players just watching him turn on the jets...uh, Dolphins.

pic.twitter.com/9AbuwDWKJR

Edited by Astrobot

Woods blocked his ass off on that play. In one of the stills, he was completely off the ground, putting it all into a block.

In step 2, that is borderline holding. I got a dollar if we were playing the Patriots there would have been a flag there.

I happy with Roman, but it has only worked against the Colts, and what looked like a disinterested Dolphins defense. Many of the pass plays that were called against the Patriots seemed to take too long to develop. I'm excited, and think the Bills will continue to score a bunch of points, but in the wins they weren't challenged much. The Bengals and the Jets should be good tests.

In step 2, that is borderline holding. I got a dollar if we were playing the Patriots there would have been a flag there.

I don't see Woods holding anyone in Step 2., but #94 is most definitely being held.

Love how 'Nito buried Sheppard on the 2nd level block.

Didn't realize that was Sheppard. I watched the game again last night and rewound that play about ten times, just to watch Icognito launch the LB off his feet and a yard backwards. Sheppard was actually airborne for a second. It was a thing of beauty.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

uploading images to imgur.com gives you an option to embed image codes directly into these message so readers don't have to click away, fyi.

once you upload at imgur.com, you'll want to copy/paste the "bbc code for message boards."

It's not that complicated. You only need to right click the image and select "copy image location". Then click the image icon on TSW, paste the image url, and hit enter. Just that easy!

I don't see Woods holding anyone in Step 2., but #94 is most definitely being held.

My bad thought you were talking about Wood 70, he is the holder there.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

When the dust settles we very well could end up with the two biggest steals of this draft. Karlos doesn't appear like he's good, he looks like he's special. He's like an Erik Dickerson/Terrell Davis hybrid that's pissed off. Then you have Darby who seemed like he could be a stud if he could just find the football. He's doing that consistently now.

I'll readily admit that the Karlos pick p!ssed me off. What were the Bills thinking, when they were stacked at RB and there were OLinemen that were available? I mean, I "got" the Darby pick, but wasn't particularly thrilled with it, but this troublesome RB out of FSU?!? C'mon.

Through three games, I am starting to wonder if he isn't the steal of the draft. He has been beyond impressive in his limited appearances and is helping heal the wound of Freddies release. I did not see him out-performing McCoy to this point.

I'll readily admit that the Karlos pick p!ssed me off. What were the Bills thinking, when they were stacked at RB and there were OLinemen that were available? I mean, I "got" the Darby pick, but wasn't particularly thrilled with it, but this troublesome RB out of FSU?!? C'mon.

Through three games, I am starting to wonder if he isn't the steal of the draft. He has been beyond impressive in his limited appearances and is helping heal the wound of Freddies release. I did not see him out-performing McCoy to this point.

I would not call it out performing McCoy - McCoy does plenty that that Karlos is just learning which is why Rex is hesitant to let him rest. He is getting higher stats which is not the same thing.

Fifth round picks are flyers to some degree. Rex said something interesting that when they drafted him they thought they were getting the best ST player in the country. I doubt and Rex said it that they knew he would be this good. But a lot of people here immediately said wow, this dude runs hard and pushes the pile immediately.

Kind of like Tyrod, even though preseason is often misleading and you cannot do it when the real bullets fly, some things carry over. The dude is tough to bring down. I don't see how that changes.