Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michaels was blowing Robert Kraft. It's embarrassing. Nobody begrudges Russell Wilson and others for their success

Plenty of people hate the Seahawks for their brash, arrogant behavior. People hated the Raiders (also cheaters) and the Cowboys when they were great. If we start winning, other fans will hate Rex's bravado. People hate the Pats because they win and it's magnified by the cheating, if they were the Browns and pulling all these bush league stunts while going 5-11 every year they'd simply be a laughingstock.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

There's no doubt they are doing stuff just to get (more) into opponent's heads. At this point they can just be dicks within the rules and it will affect the opponent much more than just normal people being dicks.

Someone hit on what I think is the key thing to the whole headset thing. Even if it was just the first part of the game, if you prepared for the first quarter as if there would be no headset, and the opponent comes in and it goes away - it is not just the loss of communication for the opponent. It's the distraction of trying to coach a game and the "WTF is going on" factor through all of it. THEN add in outrage "These f'ing cheaters are at it again!" - all while you're trying to concentrate on actually coaching (which you now can't give all your attention to) - it is a huge advantage.

The Pitt D didn't look like they kew what the hell was going on the while first Q.

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. Bear with me.

The NFL controls the headsets, the NFL is pissed off at the Patriots. Maybe they hijacked it to create another cheating controversy knowing that nobody would question it. The court of public opinion (outside of Boston) has already hung, drawn and quartered Kraft & Co.

tinfoilhat.jpeg?token=lVpYSYcrz5%2BUIkuF

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Comment during tonight's game was success breeds contempt.

Well no.. Nobody hated the packers with Favre or now with Rogers.

People hate the Patriots and Brady because they are cheaters. They have proven again and again they cheat. Note the radio broadcasts into the Steelers headsets.

They don't care about honor of winning fairly, and know when caught - it doesn't matter. They have been caught numerous times.

That is why there is such vile hatred of the cheatriots.

And now the league including Godell are shown to be laughing stocks. Just a bunch of spoiled brats and millionaire owners engaged in bilking the public as a fair and honorable game, where every team and player has a chance - NOT!

Feels as slimy as a Las Vegas slot machine.

I agree with you completely. It has nothing to do with winning, and everything to do with the fact that the Patriots have a pattern of winning by skirting, circumventing, or outright breaking the rules.

Did you get the crowd chants "Where is Roger?" That had to have been led by the stadium IMHO.

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. Bear with me.

The NFL controls the headsets, the NFL is pissed off at the Patriots. Maybe they hijacked it toThe create another cheating controversy knowing that nobody would question it.

The problem was announced due to "Stadium Infrastructure". Who controls that?

I agree with you completely. It has nothing to do with winning, and everything to do with the fact that the Patriots have a pattern of winning by skirting, circumventing, or outright breaking the rules.

Did you get the crowd chants "Where is Roger?" That had to have been led by the stadium IMHO.

Goodell needs to be fired and replaced with a commissioner with a backbone, a copy of the rule book and the will to enforce it.

I have no informed opinion on whether they did this crap with the headsets last night. I do tend to believe the accusations from the past. I have very little doubt that the cheating crap goes all the way to Kraft and that the Pats* will have a just rub the cheating in their face attitude in 2015.

I NEVER trusted him through all of that Jon Bon Jersey buying the Bills and moving them series of episodes. He gave lip service to wanting the Bills to stay in Buffalo but it was all BS. His actions pointed in the other direction. Ralph snookered him and the Jones' of the world. As great as Pegula appears to be for Buffalo and it is a Godsend, we should never forget what Ralph probably had to do behind the scenes to make sure the Bills stayed here. All this bluster about Kraft's brilliance is a load. His wife's money bought that team and he is a kiss up boozehound who hit the motherlode. Big deal. Dime a dozen. There would not have even been a team to buy if Ralph hadn't saved it to begin with. He has much more respect for his bottle of bourbon than he does for other people's contributions to the empire he is currently milking and cheapening.

Kraft's problem is not Goodell. He can trample him like we are seeing play out before our eyes. His problem will end up being the other owners.....the ones with class and tenure....a bit of a dying breed. Most specifically I am talking about the Rooney's and the Mara's. If Rooney's team allowed that descriptive write up of the headset fiasco on the team web site it certainly could be a mechanism to put Kraft on notice that while he may have Goodell by the short ones, there are more people than Goodell he has fighting him.

Plenty of people hate the Seahawks for their brash, arrogant behavior. People hated the Raiders (also cheaters) and the Cowboys when they were great. If we start winning, other fans will hate Rex's bravado. People hate the Pats because they win and it's magnified by the cheating, if they were the Browns and pulling all these bush league stunts while going 5-11 every year they'd simply be a laughingstock.

I guess the point I'd make is what you express: "it's magnified by the cheating".

People don't hate the arrogant, brash Seahawks or the Cowboys (in "America's Team" days) the same way. You're right, success will always build a certain amount of hate, but it's not the same depth and breadth of what I feel. Before the cheating came out, I felt the same way about the Patriots***, hate mixed with admiration and awe. Now that the extent of their rule skirting, breaking, and outright cheating has come out, all I can tell you is the quality of my Pats*** hate has changed.

And it's a shame, in a way, because I truly believe they could win without it.

People hated the Raiders because they were dirty.

It is simple math. Cheat and win, you get huge money, sponsorships.

I think Kraft and the Patriots realized winning makes you silly amounts of money. BILLIONS over the last 15 years... Patriots sell seats and sell out games, they have sponsors fighting over deals with the Patriots.

They have no money issues. So, what is a few million in fines and draft picks when caught? Patriots just see the fines and draft picks as the cost of doing business. It is that simple. Besides I am sure Kraft deducts the fines from his taxes. It is a joke.

Patriots need to be banned from an entire draft class and docked $10 million from the Cap. That is the only way to stop them.

The sad thing is someone who knows will talk one day.... it will turn the NFL into WWE or Boxing... a joke.... a corrupt joke.

Edited by Iraq Vet

I started a thread on boycotting Pats*** games. It got closed for some reason, Im not sure why. But you guys should just never watch a Pats **** game again. its awful watching them cheat their way down the field throwing flat passes while the announcers S their Ds

It is simple math. Cheat and win, you get huge money, sponsorships.

I think Kraft and the Patriots realized winning makes you silly amounts of money. BILLIONS over the last 15 years... Patriots sell seats and sell out games, they have sponsors fighting over deals with the Patriots.

They have no money issues. So, what is a few million in fines and draft picks when caught? Patriots just see the fines and draft picks as the cost of doing business. It is that simple. Besides I am sure Kraft deducts the fines from his taxes. It is a joke.

Patriots need to be banned from an entire draft class and docked $10 million from the Cap. That is the only way to stop them.

The sad thing is someone who knows will talk one day.... it will turn the NFL into WWE or Boxing... a joke.... a corrupt joke.

I don't have a problem with what you said. But, the NFL is probably at least as bad as the Patriots when it comes to corruption, money and ME first attitudes!

Its hard to watch them each week and wonder how they are screwing with everyone. There's just so much doubt to that team and how they do things, I really feel cheated every time.

Brady and Belicheat are probably so good at what they do they don't even have to cheat. But they are continually caught and now they are just rubbing everyone's nose in it.

The radio thing last night was Kraft trolling the league. I have absolutely no doubt about that

They knew they had a sort-of "double jeopardy" immunity after all of the press around deflategate and their history of cheating. Who would actually think they had the ballz to do it again in the first game of the NFL season under a national spotlight? And if they did, what's the league going to do about it....put another nail in their own coffin? They were both trolling Goodell and gaining an edge with this latest stunt. Essentially, they trolled every fan of the NFL.

The owners will soon start to see an erosion of the business if the Pats run the table this year courtesy of blown calls in their favor and tech glitches. I cannot teach my sons to l love a game that has an unfairness and corrupt feel to it.

I cannot stand the sight of Brady/Kraft/Bellichick...they are not villains, that implies that they have a place in the game with heroes. These guys have no honor. They are the lowest form of competitor and I hope titles eventually get stripped when people really start talking from inside.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

According to a most NFL upper echelon executives weather it be coaches or GM's, like all sports there is cheating … Each tea steal signs - try to listen to or watch other games like on tape & try to see which play goes with which sign .

I even heard on a local radio station while a recently retired GM was talking he said ALL TEAMS DO IT !

He said when the send a scout to pre scout a team another team it could be at a game or other wise He also said that all QB's adjust their game balls to what feels good to them . Weather it is to increase or decrease the poundage of the game balls.

Even Joe Montana said it is a non issue about deflate gate . So you need to get over it because your team the Buffalo Bills are trying to get a upper hand on all their opponents !!

The tenor of most of the posts on this topic is embarrassing. The level of excuse making for the historical failure of this dismal franchise is not only pathetic, it is sad. There is no doubt that the Pats under Belichek have pushed the envelope. But to believe that is why they are the most successful franchise in the challenging cap era is a delusional absurdity.

Tom Brady is one of the best qbs not only in the game now but in the modern era of the NFL. He will be a near unanimous first ballot HOF selection. He was a sixth round pick who has made himself into one of the best qbs in the game, past and present, through his extraordinary competitiveness and work ethic. He is the main reasons why the Pats are so successful. If he were a Buffalo Bill do you think his feats and championships would be so sullied by the Bills' fans? Of course not.

Bill Belichek is not very likable. It is indisputable that he stretches the rules to the outer boundaries. So what! Anyone who has a morsel of objectivity acknowledges that based on his record in a very challenging period of time (cap era) he is the best HC in the history of the modern NFL. Wouldn't any whining and excuse-making Buffalo fan want to have a HC of that caliber running their football operation?

The Bills have for most of their history been not only a losing franchise but an irrelevant franchise. They have created their own inconsequential legacy not by how other teams conducted themselves but by their own stupendous ineptitude. Over the past generation the Pats have beaten us at a rate of 90% because they are simply not only better as a team but better as an organization. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a fool.

Isn't it about time that the Bills create their own positive legacy based on their own accomplishments? Isn't it about time that the fans stop exhibiting their loser mentality by making excuses for why other teams win and making excuses as to why they lose? This constant attitude for pointing outward for our predictable failures is not only pathetic, it is so lame. I wish it would stop especially now under this more progressive owner that presents this beaten down fan base with legitimate hope.

I don't know. On the one hand, the feelings are definitely magnified because the Pats have been so dominant. You're right about that. Especially for us Bills fans who have two measly wins against them to hang onto (not counting Week 17's preseason game last year) - as great as those two wins were.

But there is much more to it than that. There is the cheating. There is the smugness and entitlement. There are the bandwagon fans. There is the whole "poor us, everyone is just jealous and out to get us, and everyone does it too, except we didn't do anything anyway, ideal gas law, destroy the tapes . . . " horsecrap.

But mostly there is also the fact that they seem like a uniquely joyless, soulless team. They drain the humanity out of the game to me.

The big test of their genuine hate-ability will be some years after Brady and/or Belichick retire. I certainly hated Marino's Dolphins and JJ's Cowboys. I hated the Cowboys and Raiders in the 1970s too. But after some years pass, you start to have a fondness for the old enemies and an appreciation of what they did. I like hearing old Raiders stories now. I like seeing Kelly hanging out with Marino.

Maybe I'll feel that way about Brady too, BUT I REALLY $#%@^-ING DOUBT IT. I think that team will provoke feelings of disgust in me for a LONG time. Maybe I'm fooling myself - caught up in the heat of the moment. Only time will tell.

Last night's game is the first I have seen what looked like trailers with the headset tech. Is that new, or I just haven't paid close enough attention. Thanks.

That IDK. But, some people claim the move from wired headset communication to wireless. is at least part of the problem.

meaning easier to jam. here's and example in big concerts now with the right gear. You can now steal the soundboard mix, make a bootleg of almost studio quality. No more dragging a mike in and creating a " audience" tape. proof is the recent stones tour ( well any group) is available on cd on ebay all soundboards. this has been going on since wireless tech began.

So I think regardless that the NFL owns the equipment etc. It is comically easy for say the pats** to jam it.

bring back the wires!!! or give the NFL in that booth capacity automatically to shut down both teams when it begins. that shouldn't be that hard one would think.

The tenor of most of the posts on this topic is embarrassing. The level of excuse making for the historical failure of this dismal franchise is not only pathetic, it is sad. There is no doubt that the Pats under Belichek have pushed the envelope. But to believe that is why they are the most successful franchise in the challenging cap era is a delusional absurdity.

Tom Brady is one of the best qbs not only in the game now but in the modern era of the NFL. He will be a near unanimous first ballot HOF selection. He was a sixth round pick who has made himself into one of the best qbs in the game, past and present, through his extraordinary competitiveness and work ethic. He is the main reasons why the Pats are so successful. If he were a Buffalo Bill do you think his feats and championships would be so sullied by the Bills' fans? Of course not.

Bill Belichek is not very likable. It is indisputable that he stretches the rules to the outer boundaries. So what! Anyone who has a morsel of objectivity acknowledges that based on his record in a very challenging period of time (cap era) he is the best HC in the history of the modern NFL. Wouldn't any whining and excuse-making Buffalo fan want to have a HC of that caliber running their football operation?

The Bills have for most of their history been not only a losing franchise but an irrelevant franchise. They have created their own inconsequential legacy not by how other teams conducted themselves but by their own stupendous ineptitude. Over the past generation the Pats have beaten us at a rate of 90% because they are simply not only better as a team but better as an organization. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a fool.

Isn't it about time that the Bills create their own positive legacy based on their own accomplishments? Isn't it about time that the fans stop exhibiting their loser mentality by making excuses for why other teams win and making excuses as to why they lose? This constant attitude for pointing outward for our predictable failures is not only pathetic, it is so lame. I wish it would stop especially now under this more progressive owner that presents this beaten down fan base with legitimate hope.

Who here made excuses for the Bills history using the confirmed cheating of the Pats? I think there is plenty of objectivity here in that most people are concerned about the integrity of the game. I don't know of too many posts on this board where people are trying to make excuses for other (non-cheating) winning franchises. Show me the anti-Seattle, GB, Ravens, Denver, etc. posts where our fans are making excuses for their success. It is about time for the Bills to step up but everyone would like it to be on an even playing field, no? I also think that any Bills fan, you are one right?, has a special hatred for the Pats because they are our hated division rivals. That's normal in the NFL, last time I checked.

I could get technical on how this actually happens in the headset because I was an avionics tech on harriers in the Marines. I am not going to do that because frankly someone will get all nuts about this. I will keep it simple tho- for the radio station to stream into the headsets they have to be on the same frequency. If there was EMI going on then I would concede that there was no foul play.

AV8!!!! Only plane I'll miss more is the Warthog.

Why are you talking about "equated monthly installments" here? LOL!

JK, I agree completely - if it were EMI (aka "static") it could be some random weather-induced phenomenon. The Patriots Radio Broadcast requires frequency matching, which is too much to swallow as some sort of Act of Nature or weird coincidence. This is the Patriots sending a giant "FU" taunt to the league in my opinion.

I'm sure they have their triple deniability ready: #1) the league controls the headsets, and we were having trouble too #2)uniquely affects them? Oh, the league says it was "stadium infrastructure", nothing to do with us. It's "Kraft Sport Group", not the Patriots. #3) It's been traced to deliberate act of a Kraft Sport Group employee? Well, see, it was just a rogue employee of Kraft Sport Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kraft Group, nothing to do with us Patriots also employed by Kraft Group.

Kraft and his merry men think they have immunity, but ultimately, Goodell works for the league and if the other owners are fed up enough with the Pats bullcrap something will change

Per Tomlin and some articles, Pats*** headsets were not turned off.

Wait, What?

Dude, are you actually reading anything in this thread? No one is even talking about our beloved Bills, which you choose to refer to as "this dismal franchise".

What I'm seeing is that everyone acknowledges the Patriots and Brady are indeed very very very good, and could likely win without all the envelope-pushing AND cheating - you do realize it's not limited to envelope-pushing like the "reporting ineligible" trick play v. Ravens or the goal-line defensive unit shift v. Stillers last night???? there has been actual cheating here?

A lot of people are just sick of the continued cheating. They could win without it, so why? Why? It's making them unwatchable for some of us, despite their good standard of play.

But hey, if you want to be embarassed by these truths and opinions (mixture), be my guest

Edited by Hopeful

Go try and figure out why Goodell is still employed?

vegas all legal gambling must have some pressure to put on this situation.

nevermind the integrity of the game itself. cannot imagine El Pegul being happy with his billion dollar investment having posibble legal financial jeopardy because of a single team. IMO had the supeona for the spygate tapes been issues before Roger and his goons destroyed them. This would not be happening today. And Kraft on down would not be in the NFL.

Michaels was blowing Robert Kraft. It's embarrassing. Nobody begrudges Russell Wilson and others for their success

plenty dislike the seahawks, and id imagine if they keep it up winning for a decade things like their PED issues and character would get more public comments

i dont know if winning does it, or if the things needed to win consistently in the nfl do - or both - but i dont think most fans love dynasties. green bay might get a pass as the lovable small town underdog.

plenty dislike the seahawks, and id imagine if they keep it up winning for a decade things like their PED issues and character would get more public comments

i dont know if winning does it, or if the things needed to win consistently in the nfl do - or both - but i dont think most fans love dynasties. green bay might get a pass as the lovable small town underdog.

IMO people don't dislike the seahawks as much as they do the former cheating NCAA scum and current HC Pete Carroll.

IMO people don't dislike the seahawks as much as they do the former cheating NCAA scum and current HC Pete Carroll.

and richard sherman

and marshawn is a mixed bag

and percy and a few others that were there

and the PED suspensions that got a lot of attention for a couple years

and the pass interference they got attention for getting away with

and the possible piping in of noise they were accused of

they get off a bit easier being a media blackhole way out in seattle though.

Edited by NoSaint

If people read this article it would answer some of the questions running through this thread. I'm not a tech-head, but if the logic in the article is sound, the NFL should be doing yet another thorough investigation involving the Patriots.

You know who bothers me most about the Patriots?

Robert Kraft.

That smug bastard walks around like nothing has happened and routinely champions himself as the voice of reason in NFL disputes. There has never been a single moment of public admission or realization of any kind that his organization has done things that set the game and the NFL brand back.

The buck stops with him.