Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots got LUCKY by having a 6th round draft choice work out the way he has. I hope we get lucky with our 6th round choice!

It's not that Belichick isn't a good coach, but when Brady is gone we'll see how much he is not a genius!

As for the raw brazen cheating, they are like the kid who cheated his way through everything and achieved success as a result.

Exactly. Only way to better them is to beat them.

As I was saying last night during the game, the sad thing about all this is that they were good enough to win without the cheating.

Exactly. Brady is arguably the best QB of all time. So even without the cheating they likely would have been very successful, especially when the team had talent surrounding him.

Thank you, I have been a longtime follower, finally decided to post something, I knew it would end up being a repeat since people are usually on stories within minutes of them breaking here haha

Minutes? You haven't seen Yolo work, have you?

Actually, I live in Maine and the NE radio people I have to listen to every morning...ugh...said that it was debunked that the Patriots had their headsets turned off. In fact, they did not. They were citing an article, but I have not found it yet.

Sounds fishy to me

@SalSports: This is actually on the official Steelers website. http://t.co/7K7N89O1bO

Fantastic article, but sickening. Every time NFL reps went to the Pats*** sideline to shut down their equipment, the Steelers headsets mysteriously began working again.

Purposely taking advantage of Goodell's lame duck status. Sick.

The radios had nothing to do with the win. It lasted for 1 quarter and the Pats had to turn off their headsets as well, per NFL rules, according to this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/11/whos-ready-for-radiogate-steelers-coaches-headsets-played-patriots-broadcast/

This doesn't confirm that it was unintentional and the Pats have messed with radios before.

The thing that irked me most was that I felt like I was watching the Pats broadcast crew. Michaels and Collinsworth are so annoying. Especially Collinsworth.

If the visiting team prepared for the game assuming they'd have headsets and the home team prepared assumed they wouldn't, I'd say that could make a very significant difference. Wasn't it 14-0 during that time period?

They cheated -- again.

The radios had nothing to do with the win. It lasted for 1 quarter and the Pats had to turn off their headsets as well, per NFL rules, according to this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/11/whos-ready-for-radiogate-steelers-coaches-headsets-played-patriots-broadcast/

This doesn't confirm that it was unintentional and the Pats have messed with radios before.

The thing that irked me most was that I felt like I was watching the Pats broadcast crew. Michaels and Collinsworth are so annoying. Especially Collinsworth.

Its purely speculation but it is possible the pats planned for the headsets to be turned off. Why were the Pats having no problem at all getting plays in when the headsets were off? And why did the Steelers have problems getting calls in? Look to the gronk TD early in the game when the Steelers were so confused and out of position. The Pats racked up 14 points in rapid fashion before the issue was resolved.

I could get technical on how this actually happens in the headset because I was an avionics tech on harriers in the Marines. I am not going to do that because frankly someone will get all nuts about this. I will keep it simple tho- for the radio station to stream into the headsets they have to be on the same frequency. If there was EMI going on then I would concede that there was no foul play.

Edited by billsfan_34

Fantastic article, but sickening. Every time NFL reps went to the Pats*** sideline to shut down their equipment, the Steelers headsets mysteriously began working again.

Purposely taking advantage of Goodell's lame duck status. Sick.

Which also negates the "other team has to shut theirs off" bullsh--. That doesn't happened until a) the Steelers complain, b) some NFL flunky walks all the way down from a press box to the Pats* sideline and c) the order to shut off the Pats* headsets is actually complied with --- which off course is entirely dependent on the Gillette Stadium employee who does that job. So even if the Pats* comply with the request, they've just had several minutes of the advantage.

What irks me is that no one seems to have the balls to do this crap back to the Pats* when they are on the road.

There's jawing then there is just being stupid...running over to jaw at someone after every 6 yard catch is a bit much.

I agree with this and this goes for every team. I dont mind talking some s*** to the opposition. But getting up after every. single. tackle. NOT IN MY HOUSE. You can basically count on every incomplete pass, a D back waiving his finger and a receiver with his hands up asking for a flag. Does anybody just go right back to the huddle anymore?

My number 1 transgression isn't even on the players. Its on the broadcast team. After touchdown or something, when the network cuts to commercial, they often play slow-mo clip of the CELEBRATION. WTF? Show the touchdown again you morons, not the jumping high-five.

The league is 50% football, 50% theatrics, and all I really care about is football.

According to a most NFL upper echelon executives weather it be coaches or GM's, like all sports there is cheating … Each tea steal signs - try to listen to or watch other games like on tape & try to see which play goes with which sign .

I even heard on a local radio station while a recently retired GM was talking he said ALL TEAMS DO IT !

He said when the send a scout to pre scout a team another team it could be at a game or other wise He also said that all QB's adjust their game balls to what feels good to them . Weather it is to increase or decrease the poundage of the game balls.

Even Joe Montana said it is a non issue about deflate gate . So you need to get over it because your team the Buffalo Bills are trying to get a upper hand on all their opponents !!

According to a most NFL upper echelon executives weather it be coaches or GM's, like all sports there is cheating Each tea steal signs - try to listen to or watch other games like on tape & try to see which play goes with which sign .

I even heard on a local radio station while a recently retired GM was talking he said ALL TEAMS DO IT !

He said when the send a scout to pre scout a team another team it could be at a game or other wise He also said that all QB's adjust their game balls to what feels good to them . Weather it is to increase or decrease the poundage of the game balls.

Even Joe Montana said it is a non issue about deflate gate . So you need to get over it because your team the Buffalo Bills are trying to get a upper hand on all their opponents !!

yes, they all look at signals while scouting the teams in person. They all don't videotape the signals and disguise themselves as NFL films personnel. Edited by YoloinOhio

Of course every team walks the line of rule bending to try to gain whatever advantage possible. Your head is buried in the sand if you think otherwise.

However, your head is buried even deeper still in the sand if you can't recognize that the Pats* walk a different line and do it in ways unique only to them.