Spygate to Deflategate-inside what split NE and NFL apart

YoloinOhio

On one hand I'm furious. IF anyone has been the brunt of this garbage the most.... it's us. I'd also be really mad if I were manning or the colts.

I'm also frustrated that wilson, coaches, and Co kind of stood idly and allowed this to happen I'm our faces.

On the other hand, I knew all this was happening and just felt like we were stuck in an eternal stacked deck for the patriots. The way the league and kraft massaged the story and evidence really made being a fan hopeless. The league came at them hard this time though and I truly believe kraft has been put on notice.

Why is this ernie adams still allowed to work with the team though?

I'd love to see how good Belichick was at coaching without secret agent Adams talking to him all game on his headset.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this a few weeks ago:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179494-brady-4-game-suspension-upheld;-will-go-to-court/page-114?do=findComment&comment=3637017

And I assure you that the end of the Patriots "cheating" is upon us.

Change is coming. Roger's final days draw near, and a young senator with a las vegas bug in his ear looking to make a name for himself might want to open a full investigation into the league's handling of the Patriots, and begin the (as of now) taboo discussion of vacating titles for professional sports teams. Owners know that the fans are becoming restless. Simple metrics can be run on the top 5 message board for each team for keywords like "sham" "wwe" "fraud", etc. etc. The league knows which way the wind blows, and it's clear as day: 31/32 fanbases are mad as hell at the Patriots, and think the league is a farce. There is way, way... way too much money involved in this for you to think that the messages we're being fed aren't designed to shape our perceptions.

I have seen some on here mention comment sections, as if "the people aren't getting it". Please. Profootballtalk is an arm of whom? NBC Sports, which also owns the rights to Sunday Night Football, which is how big of an account? Billions, if I recall? I wonder if they might have a few "account managers" deciding which comments get the top few spots. Everyone is in absolute damage control in the league marketing division right now, and people are getting testy.

Dude. now thats a post

Somewhat related re PFT:

For reasons I can only guess, PFT actively has removed comments that I have made about deflategate and PFT's coverage of deflategate. This was brought up a few weeks back in another thread, and apparently these deletions are in no way unique to me.

In this regard, my comments have not crossed the line in terms of language. For example, just today, PFT removed the following comment: "It is odd that PFT would complain about ESPN not including parts of the Pats' statement when: PFT actively deletes comments that take issue with the Pats or PFT's reporting."

I found it very odd that Florio or the guy that works for him would give two you know whats about what I post. Draw your own conclusions.

On the other hand, there appears to be an army of Pats' apologists that comment on that site. Additionally, PFT seems to draw every inference in favor of the Pats and Brady whenever there has been news about deflategate over the past few months. Maybe that will change now that ESPN and SI have written extensive pieces just today about the Pats and the "Patriot Way."

PffT is very manipulative with the message. Florio is case in point

Welcome to America. How many bankers went to prison? They just pay a small fine and keep going. In fact, Ernie Adams brought this Wall Street culture to the Patriots as he seems to be the man behind all this.

Yeah, it's the banking industry's fault.

Let's blame al Qaeda too, while we're at it. :rolleyes:

well if you like to generalize , sure.

The checks and balances are in question.

I dont assume human nature forces us to find the advantage regardless. Thats a culture. It's a long tenured one going back to day two. But it's an awful way to abuse the survival instinct. Cheating lying stealing and disrespecting others property. Manipulating others to your own end ?

winning and profit are becoming linked as reasonable competition regardless of the methods

I mean if it is true.

edit removed an excessive d

Edited by 3rdand12

it was the beginning of the process so needed time to tune it. The fumble stats, the whispers of other frequencies to Brady's helmet all scream cheating and these bastards get away with it. It's like WWE

Was it the beginning? or did he bring it from the Giants?

Have you been asleep for the last decade? There has been a white collar crime wave where banks are rigging trillion dollar markets, laundering drug money, and since you brought it up, allowing allowing money to go to terrorists.

"In a year-long investigation, the Subcommittee found that HSBC violated several rules, exposing the U.S. financial system to “a wide array of money laundering, drug trafficking, and terrorist financing.” According to the report, HSBC’s Mexican affiliate channeled $7 billion into the U.S. between 2007 and 2008 which possibly included “proceeds from illegal drug sales in the United States.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/07/16/hsbc-helped-terrorists-iran-mexican-drug-cartels-launder-money-senate-report-says/

But regardless, this is a football forum and the point of my post that you ignored was that Ernie Adams came from this culture of cheating and is now doing that for the Patriots. That culture is now the Patriots culture and explains why they cheat. It's natural and accepted and they assume that if they get caught they will just get a wrist slap.

Have you been asleep for the last decade? There has been a white collar crime wave where banks are rigging trillion dollar markets, laundering drug money, and since you brought it up, allowing allowing money to go to terrorists.

"In a year-long investigation, the Subcommittee found that HSBC violated several rules, exposing the U.S. financial system to “a wide array of money laundering, drug trafficking, and terrorist financing.” According to the report, HSBC’s Mexican affiliate channeled $7 billion into the U.S. between 2007 and 2008 which possibly included “proceeds from illegal drug sales in the United States.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/07/16/hsbc-helped-terrorists-iran-mexican-drug-cartels-launder-money-senate-report-says/

But regardless, this is a football forum and the point of my post that you ignored was that Ernie Adams came from this culture of cheating and is now doing that for the Patriots. That culture is now the Patriots culture and explains why they cheat. It's natural and accepted and they assume that if they get caught they will just get a wrist slap.

1) Take it to PPP if you want to be an idiot.

2) People on PPP - including myself - know vastly more about it than you do.

3) The financial industry did not cause the Patriots to cheat, you moron.

You don't know how to read posts, work on your reading comprehension before you call another poster a moron. My point was that Ernie Adams came from a culture of cheating. Relax, you're going to strain your heart and the games haven't started yet.

Tom - He may have a point. Adams was involved in the municipal bonds market in the late 80s-early 90s, and there was some built in corruption (i.e., chances to cheat). Fyi - http://www.nytimes.com/1993/09/18/news/investing-for-municipal-bonds-scandals-spur-change.html .

Patriots fans are acting like this is a conspiracy between the NFL, ESPN, and SI. They are pretending that the story is filled with made up stories. Consider this for a moment. The cameramen, allegedly, were in disguise (hiding the fact that they worked for the Patriots). I think this bothered me the most.

First, this shows that the Pats knew that it was against the rules. Why hide what you're doing if everything is copacetic? There is no need to hide who you are if you're following the rules.

Second, if this were false information the Pats could lose revenue due to negative publicity and would seem to have grounds to sue for libel. If this is all false, the Pats would sue. Do you think Kraft wouldn't sue (or at least threaten to sue)?

They cheated. They know they cheated. Their fans know they cheated.

First, it makes me physically ill to think the scumbag franchise cheated all those years and were set up to be the 'model' franchise due to their illegitimate 'success' - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they never would have won anything (no genius Bellicheat, no GOAT Brady) without the systemic cheating in multiple different forms that existed for years.

The thing that I think is most crazy in all of this, is the line Goodell has been forced to walk now. After selling his soul to the devil and covering up the full extent of Spygate, he's in the unbelievable position now to be at war with the Cheatriots, while having the knowledge to blow the lid off of the full(er) extent of the pervasive cheating they did for all those years, but can't because then the league is exposed as being a complete sham, and he is complicit. It's insane.

I have seen some on here mention comment sections, as if "the people aren't getting it". Please. Profootballtalk is an arm of whom? NBC Sports, which also owns the rights to Sunday Night Football, which is how big of an account? Billions, if I recall? I wonder if they might have a few "account managers" deciding which comments get the top few spots. Everyone is in absolute damage control in the league marketing division right now, and people are getting testy.

Thank you for pointing this out. Web brigades leaving fake comments, or "astroturfing" (fake "grassroots," get it?) to direct conversation is absolutely a real phenomenon in social media. Paid shills will comment on and up-vote all manner of subjects, depending on who is doing the paying.

First, it makes me physically ill to think the scumbag franchise cheated all those years and were set up to be the 'model' franchise due to their illegitimate 'success' - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they never would have won anything (no genius Bellicheat, no GOAT Brady) without the systemic cheating in multiple different forms that existed for years.

The thing that I think is most crazy in all of this, is the line Goodell has been forced to walk now. After selling his soul to the devil and covering up the full extent of Spygate, he's in the unbelievable position now to be at war with the Cheatriots, while having the knowledge to blow the lid off of the full(er) extent of the pervasive cheating they did for all those years, but can't because then the league is exposed as being a complete sham, and he is complicit. It's insane.

This^

Thank you for pointing this out. Web brigades leaving fake comments, or "astroturfing" (fake "grassroots," get it?) to direct conversation is absolutely a real phenomenon in social media. Paid shills will comment on and up-vote all manner of subjects, depending on who is doing the paying.

Sickening, isn't it! :-(

And here comes Florio...

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago

Mike Martz's statement about the Patriots was published in 2008, and it hasn't changed since then http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QzL

"...But the Martz statement posted Tuesday by ESPN.com is identical to the statement he issued in May 2008. The full text was copied and pasted from an article by Mike Reiss (then of the Boston Globe; the link to his story is now dead) to the website PatsFan.com, and portions of it appeared in a May 2008 story from the Associated Press....Maybe ESPN will make the change now. Right after it changes the story that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum."

Of course he goes to Patsfan.com...

I don't know how Belichick still has a job. Sorry.

Mmmm, maybe 'cuz his boss Kraft is one of thes "Just Win, Baby!" anything is justified if you do, kind of guys?

The sad thing is, Belicheat*** may be one of the greatest coaches of all time. But once 3 types of cheating are uncovered (signal videotaping, stealing play sheets from locker rooms, having opponents radios go dead on critical plays), it leaves unanswered what kind of cheating was just never caught or uncovered?

And here comes Florio...

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago

Mike Martz's statement about the Patriots was published in 2008, and it hasn't changed since then http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QzL

"...But the Martz statement posted Tuesday by ESPN.com is identical to the statement he issued in May 2008. The full text was copied and pasted from an article by Mike Reiss (then of the Boston Globe; the link to his story is now dead) to the website PatsFan.com, and portions of it appeared in a May 2008 story from the Associated Press....Maybe ESPN will make the change now. Right after it changes the story that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum."

Of course he goes to Patsfan.com...

I am beginning to think Florio also may have been "mingling" with Robert Kraft at that party.

Just watched the first 10 minutes of Inside the NFL and it was all about this crap with the Patriots. Turn on the NFL network and it's Willie Mcginnist defending them. Turn on ESPN and it's Bruschi walking on water.

Every damn Total Access all summer had a reporter in New York yacking about this. Every. Single. Show.

I am tired of hearing about these cheating punks and hope we beat them silly this year

I am beginning to think Florio also may have been "mingling" with Robert Kraft at that party.

Fu&^ what a homer he is...

Just watched the first 10 minutes of Inside the NFL and it was all about this crap with the Patriots. Turn on the NFL network and it's Willie Mcginnist defending them. Turn on ESPN and it's Bruschi walking on water.

Every damn Total Access all summer had a reporter in New York yacking about this. Every. Single. Show.

I am tired of hearing about these cheating punks and hope we beat them silly this year

Of Course they will defend them..Their careers are all tainted too; it doesn't help them seeing that they are taints anyways

I said from day one deflate gate had nothing to do with air pressure. It was about the cover up of Spygate and burning the tapes. Roger bailed them out once and they cheated again. I'm not the only one to have this thought but I posted it several times.

Roger is complicit in the cover-up with his buddy Robert Kraft. Only Robert forgot the rules of a cover-up. He threw the wrong guy under the bus. Brady needed to do his time for the good of the organization. Roger can only keep the other 31 owners at bay for so long. This is a conspiracy. And not an imaginary one. It is just a matter of time before the right whistleblower with the right evidence takes them down.

This is bad enough to vacate wins and championships. It is bad enough to affect HOF eligibity.

And for Mr. Kraft and Mr. Bundchen's sake they better hope Vegas didn't lose a ton of money...

I've stopped watching NFL network because of this. it's as though half the league doesn't even exist.

I'm looking forward to some good signs in the stands this year as the pats**** go on the road.

I hope some of them get past the tv filters like the "tom brady sits when he pees" sign did a few years ago.

The "cheaters exit here" sign in the article was awesome. I had never seen that one before.

yes.

people should stop paying attention to the comment sections,

and look at the people posting ON THOSE SAME PAGES

"i made 5000 a week working from home, ask me how".

Not a ton new there for those who've been paying attention, but it's nice to have all (or most, as there are things they missed, like PED use among their core of "aging vets" who seem to regain a step when joining them (see Harrison, Rodney) and Ted Johnson's statement that sometimes right before a game the other team's audible list would appear taped on their lockers) there in one place.

The one new thing (at least to me) was the implications of attempted bribery of a Senator, to wit:

"In his 2012 book, "Life Among the Cannibals," Specter wrote that a powerful friend -- he wouldn't name the person -- told him that if he "laid off the Patriots," there could be a lot of money for him in Palm Beach. Specter told the friend, "I couldn't care less.""

That, to me, if true, is a major new item that should have been investigated. That's a felony, folks. Amazing, even for the Pats*.....

Even my wife (who works in marketing and is very familiar with astroturfers on social media) noticed that odd trend earlier this summer on Deflategate-related stories--lots of similar posts from folks with ridiculous handles (her favorite was "DebfromNebraska", a true Pats* fan) that sound made up and lots of up postings of pro-Pats* comments coming in swarms (as opposed to coming in naturally over time).