Spygate to Deflategate-inside what split NE and NFL apart

YoloinOhio

Definitely (a), while (b) remains to be seen. But I just can't imagine how Goodell forges on after the last two years of non-stop debacles.

No no no. Sorry. It's context. It's a reveal for how they're planning to continue conducting business. See above.

Like I said, it's about a group of pissed off owners.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one that highlighted the following story?

A guy that calls himself "The Deflator", took footballs AFTER they were measured by the officials, hid in a camera-free bathroom claiming that he needed to use a urinal that didn't exist, stayed there long enough to remove a significant amount of air from them, and then returned them to the field. Those footballs were then found to be deflated more than any scientific model can predict, unless an absolutely perfect set of conditions exist that couldn't be replicated in any laboratory, and further those footballs were deflated far more than the other team's footballs, to a degree that no scientific model can re-create those conditions. Text messages between the suspected parties strongly indicated that these activities took place at the QB's behest; the QB who conveniently destroyed his cell phone on the very day he was to speak with investigators, because he does it every time he gets a new phone, except for the last 2 times he got a new phone (please note, at this juncture, that none of the above are in dispute).

Yes, that report.

Thanks for playing.

Your team cheats...all the time...always have...be honest and own it.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

I predict a retort replete with all sorts of "bad science" references.

Sad fact is, none of the Pats**** apologists seem to he the least bit bothered by the complete lack of ethical and moral compasses their heroes exhibit,

GO BILLS!!!

Sad fact is, none of the Pats**** apologists seem to he the least bit bothered by the complete lack of ethical and moral compasses their heroes exhibit,

GO BILLS!!!

Is it because they're clueless? Or because they have no ethical or moral compass themselves?

I tend to the former, as they routinely complain about being victims of bad calls and biased officiating. :lol:

Is it because they're clueless? Or because they have no ethical or moral compass themselves?

I tend to the former, as they routinely complain about being victims of bad calls and biased officiating. :lol:

Interesting question.

I vote both. Being clueless and amoral aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

I don't think any Pats**** apologist would have any trouble cheating on his GED exam, while at the same time complaining about others doing the same.

GO BILLS!!!

There's people who are only coming around to this now??? The guys been a model of bumbling incompetence for years.

I wouldn't say I'm just coming around to it, no. I would say that I'm discovering that Goodell's ridiculousness is far greater than I had previously realized.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah well...not sure what to say about that.

It was Shawn Nelson, but it wasn't the Pats. It was the Ravens, and it was in OT.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010240rav.htm

I know everyone hates the Pats here, but come on!

Wow, my distrust of the Patriots ** is so deep now that I've completely convinced myself it was against the Patriots. You are right thought.... it was Ray Lewis that stripped the ball in overtime. I guess this tells you the personal legacy the Patriots** have upon me is that ANY suspect play in which the spirit of a rule was corrupted will always be assumed to be related to the Patriots.

I hate the pats as much as anyone but that is way overblown and a total non factor. They were at a party with hundreds of guests in the Hamptons and had to be introduced to each other.

True of course, unless Judge Berman knew Kraft was going to be there, in which case IMO it signifies a lack of, what's the word, judgement.

Because an agent gave Reggie Bush's family the USE of a house (not ownership, the use), USC's national championship was vacated and Bush lost his Heismann. What this article details is corruption dating back to the last millenium, and seems to put all of NE's SB wins under cloud, save the last one. So, if Spygate rises from the dead and becomes a big issue -- and with ESPN, a partner of the NFL, coming after you, it just might crawl out of the grave -- and if it becomes clear that the Pats cheated their way to those SB wins, should the league vacate those championships? And how many of you would support that happening?

here are my takeaways after reading through the ESPN & Boston Globe pieces:

1) everyone should read Dan O'Shaughnessy's Boston Globe piece on Ernie Adams; it has a netherworldly aura which indicts the uber secret inner workings of the Pats;

2) It reinforces my utter belief that the NFL is about the almighty dollar and winning at all costs; how anyone can confidently make money on NFL betting is beyond me

3) behind the sanctimonious front offered by Bob Kraft, I seriously question his ethics/integrity by having Belichick as his coach.

4) since Goodell was emasculated by the judge's ruling in nullifying Brady's suspension, the only way to properly move forward with further action on the Patriots is through Congressional oversight. I believe no one currently is taking that position since Arlen Spector's involvement before he died.

5) I wonder what in the hell the other owners are thinking, and if one or more of them are even considering taking action.

Because an agent gave Reggie Bush's family the USE of a house (not ownership, the use), USC's national championship was vacated and Bush lost his Heismann. What this article details is corruption dating back to the last millenium, and seems to put all of NE's SB wins under cloud, save the last one. So, if Spygate rises from the dead and becomes a big issue -- and with ESPN, a partner of the NFL, coming after you, it just might crawl out of the grave -- and if it becomes clear that the Pats cheated their way to those SB wins, should the league vacate those championships? And how many of you would support that happening?

100% I would. If these accusations are proven factual. There is something called sportsmanship and winning it on the field. Don't reward someone who uses subterfuge and claims it wasn't against the rules.

This article does not paint Goodell in a good light at all.

If you actually read the article, it said Ernie Adams lived with his mom until she passed away. So, yeah, there might be stuff in mom's basement...because that's where he lived.

we may need to check that van down by the river- b/c since his Mom died, it appears Ernie might be living in that van with "his wife Christine" somewhere in Assachusetts.

I let it go the first time, but that's twice you've misspelled Mulder.

Corecting thuh grammer annd speling errers ohn thiss bord wood bee uh phull thyme jobb.

Ah, yes .... Ernie as Walter Skinner. Does that mean Goodell is the Smoking Man?

What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive, that doesn't happen.

So, the ESPN and SI stories today...this doesn't stink like the NFL leveraging the media...just a tiny bit?

This is PR damage control for last week's ruling.

I don't think so BC. The ESPN Outside the Lines story was likely months in the making, probably going back to the first whispers of Deflategate, maybe longer. The timing is suspect, but it's likely that with the Brady dismissal, ESPN decided that now was the time to strike with the story. Good for them for throwing back the shabby curtain on the Cheats "dynasty".

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Such jealousy and envy. The league outta call in agents Muldar and Scully to figure out why, after no longer video taping and stealing other teams plays, the Pats still have figured out a way to dominate the sport that isn't supposed to be dominated. :rolleyes:

Jealously and envy or what exactly? Now that's a grandstanding comment if I've ever heard one. Scorn & revulsion are better descriptions, along with some others which are not printable here.

Nice try though.

Jealously and envy or of what exactly? Now that's a grandstanding comment if I've ever heard one. Scorn & revulsion are better descriptions, along with some others which are not printable here.

Nice try though.

fixed

What this article details is corruption dating back to the last millenium, and seems to put all of NE's SB wins under cloud, save the last one.

WHAT, pray tell, makes you think the Pats** weren't cheating last year? It's WHAT they DO, it's WHO they ARE. There needs to be lifetime bans on the entire staff to clean house there.

Spygate was REALLY bad. Knowing the other team's formations and calls is the biggest advantage you can have in football outside of personnel. All three of their first Super Bowls are major question marks, not to mention all the playoff games and regular season games. And then you consider their dominance over us for 10 years.

Great team + Great Coach + Great QB + Major Cheating = 5 Super Bowls.

It's clear now that Tyree and Manningham was karma.