AdPro Fieldhouse renovations cover up Marrone's signs

YoloinOhio

Good bye "Don't confuse effort with results"

Hello banners

@buffalobills: While we were out, our fieldhouse got a massive makeover.

All part of the new era. #FeelTheRush http://t.co/H7BBOEhwpC

Wow that is in your face.

I do think they're should be some motivational quotes.

I've been to the Ravens and the Redskins locker rooms.

The Redskins locker room looks like a freaking bunker from the coldwar.

The Ravens have inspirational stuff all over the locker room.

Not that it is end all be all but it doesn't hurt to have something up imo.

I actually liked the "Don't confuse effort with results" quote in the fieldhouse and I used that with my team.

I don't think that makes me a selfish !@#$.

Wow, that's obnoxious...in a good way.

I actually liked the "Don't confuse effort with results" quote in the fieldhouse and I used that with my team.

I don't think that makes me a selfish !@#$.

I didn't mind Marrone's motivational stuff. It made sense to me.

I hope the banners of players from history are somewhere and not tossed away

Was thinking the same thing - I like the pictures of all the Bills players over the years. I remember a couple rooks mentioning that too - looking up and seeing Bruce Smith or Jim Kelly and realizing the legacy you're part of...

To be honest, I always thought the "Don't confuse effort with results" saying was a bit odd.

I think the only reason it's bad is because Doug Marrone used it. It's not necessarily a bad message to a team that you're trying to turn around

To be honest, I always thought the "Don't confuse effort with results" saying was a bit odd.

Me too. I remember being disappointed that it was still up during OTA's. I am glad they took it down - because it was odd AND because Saint Doug had the Bills put it up.

So do I. It doesn't really have a point to it. I mean, if you are putting in 100% effort and you are not getting good results....what ya gonna do?

The opposite would have some point to it..."Don't confuse results with effort.", as this would be saying that even if you are getting good results you could perhaps be trying harder.

It also seems to go against the old saying of "Put in the effort and the results will follow."

A confusing saying from a confused man.

So do I. It doesn't really have a point to it. I mean, if you are putting in 100% effort and you are not getting good results....what ya gonna do?

The opposite would have some point to it..."Don't confuse results with effort.", as this would be saying that even if you are getting good results you could perhaps be trying harder.

It also seems to go against the old saying of "Put in the effort and the results will follow."

I sorta liked it, tbh. It encapsulated Marrone being a hardass for sure. Basically, "I don't care if you're trying hard, there are no moral victories," sort of sentiment.

Yeah, this is where I stand. I think the saying it borderline idiotic.

I sorta liked it, tbh. It encapsulated Marron e being a hardass for sure. Basically, "I don't care if you're trying hard, there are no moral victories," sort of sentiment.

If a player is trying as hard as he can - on the field and in the film room - what more can he do? If the team is failing while doing that it's on the head coach. A HC should be trying to inspire his players to be the best they can be. Not say to them, "if we fail it's because your best sucked."