Schefter: Shady to return week 1

YoloinOhio

I'm good with that...no need to expose him to anymore potential damage in the pre-season, we need him for the real games...and hamstrings are notoriously lingering injuries if not healed fully...

You'll feel completely fine, then one wrong move and you pull it again, a little worse than before...do it enough times and then it just ends up tearing...I know it happened to me and that was some of the worst pain I've ever had...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully. Why should we take with 100% certainly everything everyone media honks says when it comes from the ubiquitous "unnamed sources." This hero worship of the media by some here is hilarious, it's worse than the jock sniffers here. I'd love someone in some ivory tower to track how many reports from unnamed sources are actually true. Then let's judge the credibility of these guys based on their accuracy of their reporting instead of the timeliness. Until that time, what they report is taken with a glacier sized grain of salt.

I see. So unless you question everything scooped by guys like Schefter (whose accuracy rate is hovering around 98%), you're a media worshipper. Cool beans.

second time in 2 days I have heard someone use the term obsidian...now i have to go look it up to see what y'all are talking about

update....didn't help

Isn't obsidian volcanic glass?

Oh. I was asking for a 'viable' point or reason.

I don't plan on escalating it either. It's just tiresome to see how anytime someone says "Thank you, God" on any social site, there is someone who finds it necessary to make a contradictory comment.

I was actually blaming god for McCoys injury, so I was surprised someone wanted to thank him for it not being to severe, but severe enough for him to miss the rest of training camp while hoping he would be 100% for the opener, but still not sure. God damn!

Probably because they know for a fact God was dealing with another issue and find it hard to believe he was in two places at once.

Remember when god made Stevie Johnson drop that pass.... He hates the Bills, no other explanation.

Edited by klos63

Oh. I was asking for a 'viable' point or reason.

I don't plan on escalating it either. It's just tiresome to see how anytime someone says "Thank you, God" on any social site, there is someone who finds it necessary to make a contradictory comment.

probably because many people find the idea of a god to be kinda far fetched, especially a god interested in football. Except I'm sure he is a Tebow fan.

Very happy he isn't in worse shape, but very concerned still. Hamstring and Groins can linger for an entire season. You watch a player and all year and they don't produce the same, they say they feel good. The season ends and then they say "ya, the Hamstring was bothering me all season". Happens so much. If he's even at a 5%-10% risk of re-injury for the opener I wouldn't play him. I wouldn't consider playing him until he has zero doubt he is 100% with no needles. I don't care if it takes 3-4 weeks into the season. We need him at 100% and it's a very long season.

Very happy he isn't in worse shape, but very concerned still. Hamstring and Groins can linger for an entire season. You watch a player and all year and they don't produce the same, they say they feel good. The season ends and then they say "ya, the Hamstring was bothering me all season". Happens so much. If he's even at a 5%-10% risk of re-injury for the opener I wouldn't play him. I wouldn't consider playing him until he has zero doubt he is 100% with no needles. I don't care if it takes 3-4 weeks into the season. We need him at 100% and it's a very long season.

I want him 100 percent healthy as well......

I feel like we have a pretty good stable of backs.......at least limit his carries if he is not 100 percent (I actually would spell him anyway....took keep healthy for the season)

I feel like we have a pretty good stable of backs.......at least limit his carries if he is not 100 percent (I actually would spell him anyway....took keep healthy for the season)

My assumption has been that for a team that plans to carry the ball 40+ times a game, they're not wasting anybody's legs in PS/TC.

With this in mind, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that what they're categorizing as an injury worthy of 2-3 weeks rest could--for all we know--be a mosquito bite.

We do but they're all nicked up. Fred and Boobie hopeful of being ready for Pittsburgh but Brown's sounds longer term and Williams like Shady will be touch and go for week 1.

second time in 2 days I have heard someone use the term obsidian...now i have to go look it up to see what y'all are talking about

update....didn't help

It is a Game of Thrones reference (synonymous with "Dragon glass") as is Valerian steel and Whitewalkers

Never happen

I had a hamstring pull a year ago, pretty severe one that wasn't torn but was extremely painful. Took me a good month to feel back to normal but that was without any docs or trainers so obviously McCoy has that advantage. His timetable to me definitely seems like it is within normal parameters for even a severe strain.

I had a hamstring pull a year ago, pretty severe one that wasn't torn but was extremely painful. Took me a good month to feel back to normal but that was without any docs or trainers so obviously McCoy has that advantage. His timetable to me definitely seems like it is within normal parameters for even a severe strain.

Right...when you start factoring in (a) the starting shape he's in, (b) the treatment that he has access to, and © how thoroughly he'll take care of himself moving forward, it's not crazy to think he could be 100% in 3-1/2 weeks' time.

Right...when you start factoring in (a) the starting shape he's in, (b) the treatment that he has access to, and © how thoroughly he'll take care of himself moving forward, it's not crazy to think he could be 100% in 3-1/2 weeks' time.

Why is the way he takes care of himself copyrighted?

Given McCoy is getting an MRI today, I don't understand how anyone, including Schefter, has anything "informed" to say about the severity and duration until the scans are reviewed.

His report was post-MRI (according to sources).

I pulled both of mine at one point. 2-3 week each to heal most of the way and adding compression sleeves made playing sports tolerable... He might be a little less explosive to start but he'll be fine as long as he RICE's and gets massages

I pulled both of mine at one point. 2-3 week each to heal most of the way and adding compression sleeves made playing sports tolerable... He might be a little less explosive to start but he'll be fine as long as he RICE's and gets massages

you said RICE!!!! That means...

His report was post-MRI (according to sources).

Hmm... That's good news, if so.

Everything I read yesterday said he was getting an MRI today. Then I saw Schefter's tweet from 5:45 am this morning. It looked like an educated guess based on the "we don't think it's off the bone" comment after practice, rather than anything based on the results.

Hmm... That's good news, if so.

Everything I read yesterday said he was getting an MRI today. Then I saw Schefter's tweet from 5:45 am this morning. It looked like an educated guess based on the "we don't think it's off the bone" comment after practice, rather than anything based on the results.

i think the MRI took place late last night. Wawrow tweeted last night they were waiting for results

haha I know. Just making fun of all the national media trying to say we want Ray Rice.

Wow the newborn has really done a number on my brain. I didn't even get the sarcasm. Im gonna go try to do that sleep thing. Knock on wood that can get more than 4 hours and be worthwhile contributor tomorrow.