Hello from Ireland! First ever post, go Bills!

Hi All,

Happy to finally be posting on here after years of countless lunch breaks, airport layovers, etc. spent reading this site. I grew up in Buffalo, graduated from UB, and worked there for three years, but recently transferred to Ireland a few months ago for work. Although there are a lot more NFL fans here than I expected, it's definitely more difficult to follow the team from over here so I'm looking forward to being an active member on the site and discussing all things Bills with you guys.

A few random thoughts before I sign off:

1. I just bought the International NFL Game Pass package yesterday and it's awesome for anyone else who lives abroad. Cost around $180 USD for the year which is steep, but watching the coaches film and condensed games from last season are already making it worth it. Can't wait for RedZone and Game Rewind on Sundays too.

2. Haven't heard the financial terms on Robey's extension yet, but think that's a great signing for us. He was a beast in Pettine's defense and I think he's shown the motor and ball hawking ability to make up for being undersized.

3. Think this defense could realistically be #1 in the league this year. All the major players back plus Darby who sounds like a steal so far (can't teach speed) and arguably better coaching/scheme could add up to even more frustration for opposing teams this fall. Like everyone else, very concerned about the QB competition (or lack thereof), but I think our D will keep us in every game and McCoy and the skill players will make the QB's job much easier than Orton and Manuel had it last year.

Looking forward to talking with you all, go Bills!

First of all - FANTASTIC! I've traveled throughout Europe a LOT, and have dual citizenship in Ireland. I've always said that there are two countries worth visiting on that side of the pond - Ireland and Portugal. The rest...

Second, in which city are you living? Dublin, or Galway? Or are you up north in Belfast? Nice place, Scottish weather.

Third, the GamePass is the best investment you'll make as a Bills Fan in Europe. I can't tell you how many hotel rooms were graced with my F-bombs from 2008-2013 while watching the Bills at 6:00. That's the only headache. You better hope there aren't a lot of late games. Hitting the sack at 12:30-ish and getting up for work are tough.

Haha love all the replies so far, thanks for reaching out.

Welcome. GO BILLS
What kind of work do you do in Ireland ?
Long term job?
Will you be able to come back for a game?
Wife go with you or not married?

I work for Citi as a financial analyst specifically in trade surveillance, I'm on a three year work visa so kind of long term...after a couple years, I could see being in London or Berlin for a short while, but then back to the USA to "settle down."

My family still lives in Buffalo so I will hopefully be back for a game at some point soon.

Not married, but my girlfriend is from Dublin which is a big part of the reason I'm over here.

Welcome! As an Irishman, say hello to all those lasses over there (don't get arrested lol). Go Bills!

Haha yeah arrested/deported...I've got an Irish lass of my own, but nothing wrong with saying hello! Lot of gorgeous women with killer accents over here...

Welcome and I understand how hard it is being overseas. This site will definitely keep you up to speed on things. Some on here really know their X's and O's so it is nice to see their take on things. Go Bills

Thanks, definitely seems like it. Can't wait to talk with everyone...do you live overseas as well?

First of all - FANTASTIC! I've traveled throughout Europe a LOT, and have dual citizenship in Ireland. I've always said that there are two countries worth visiting on that side of the pond - Ireland and Portugal. The rest...

Second, in which city are you living? Dublin, or Galway? Or are you up north in Belfast? Nice place, Scottish weather.

Third, the GamePass is the best investment you'll make as a Bills Fan in Europe. I can't tell you how many hotel rooms were graced with my F-bombs from 2008-2013 while watching the Bills at 6:00. That's the only headache. You better hope there aren't a lot of late games. Hitting the sack at 12:30-ish and getting up for work are tough.

That's awesome that you have dual citizenship...I'm part Irish, but I wasn't eligible. Would have made my life so much easier in trying to get over here...work visa took 4 months and cost a fortune (luckily I was sponsored though). Never been to Portugal, but I've heard amazing things. Great music/nightlife scene, definitely on my to do list now that I'm here...

I'm actually in Belfast (so technically the UK), it's really an up and coming city very similar to Buffalo and my company's moving a ton of jobs here. Great bars, food, and people here and a low cost of living...really hating the weather so far though, people are saying it's the worst summer in a decade.

Glad to hear that abt Gamepass...know what you mean, I've already had a couple nights up til 4 am watching soccer or basketball in the States and then into work 4 hours later...bad news.

Did you live over here or just traveling around?

The first thing you need to understand is that I am the best source of accurate information or opinion. I'm also half Irish, so therefore not prone to hyperbole.

I'll keep this in mind! Very true, no Irishman has ever even heard of hyperbole haha

I'm not Irish, but I went to HS in south buffalo. So kind of honorary.

Definitely, that's a great area. Were you in the First Ward or close to it?

i'm not irish but i'll eat corned beef like a mofo.

Love some good corned beef myself, but interestingly enough, people in Ireland don't eat corned beef on St. Patrick's Day like we all do. Apparently, it all started when the Irish immigrated to America and could only afford the lesser quality cuts of meat. They soaked them in brine and other stuff to make it taste better and there you go, corned beef. Your Irish fun fact for the day.

Hi All,

Happy to finally be posting on here after years of countless lunch breaks, airport layovers, etc. spent reading this site. I grew up in Buffalo, graduated from UB, and worked there for three years, but recently transferred to Ireland a few months ago for work. Although there are a lot more NFL fans here than I expected, it's definitely more difficult to follow the team from over here so I'm looking forward to being an active member on the site and discussing all things Bills with you guys.

1. I just bought the International NFL Game Pass package yesterday and it's awesome for anyone else who lives abroad. Cost around $180 USD for the year which is steep, but watching the coaches film and condensed games from last season are already making it worth it. Can't wait for RedZone and Game Rewind on Sundays too.

2. Haven't heard the financial terms on Robey's extension yet, but think that's a great signing for us. He was a beast in Pettine's defense and I think he's shown the motor and ball hawking ability to make up for being undersized.

3. Think this defense could realistically be #1 in the league this year. All the major players back plus Darby who sounds like a steal so far (can't teach speed) and arguably better coaching/scheme could add up to even more frustration for opposing teams this fall. Like everyone else, very concerned about the QB competition (or lack thereof), but I think our D will keep us in every game and McCoy and the skill players will make the QB's job much easier than Orton and Manuel had it last year.

Erin go bragh!

England was great, Portugal eh, but that was 25 yrs ago in the navy

Welcome from another Irish guy... who's never been to Ireland. But I'd like ao change that! Maybe you can get to the Bills/Jags game?

Maybe when they hold a Bills game in Ireland we will go.

Erin go bragh!

Or, as our St Patricks Day "float" in our city parade during college said: Erin Go Braless. Our "float" consisted of a Kroger shopping cart with green signs on the outside and a keg of beer on the inside. It was a real parade with some people thinking it was the Rose Bowl Parade. It shocked me we never got booted out.... but we swerved from side to side of the parade route serving thirsty souls. The signs were made by some friends at the local all female college. I don't blame them (I am pro-freedom), and that was one hell of a parade! Sorry, that just caused a brief flashback... Maybe not the most clever, but it was a great day.

Maybe when they hold a Bills game in Ireland we will go.

Hey, it's close. I try to get to games anywhere near me, and that's about as close as they will get. Edited by Augie

Or, as our St Patricks Day "float" in our city parade during college said: Erin Go Braless. Our "float" consisted of a Kroger shopping cart with green signs on the outside and a keg of beer on the inside. It was a real parade with some people thinking it was the Rose Bowl Parade. It shocked me we never got booted out.... but we swerved from side to side of the parade route serving thirsty souls. The signs were made by some friends at the local all female college. I don't blame them, and that was on hell of a parade! Sorry, that just caused a brief flashback... Maybe not the most clever, but it was a great day.

Hey, it's close. I try to get to games anywhere near me, and that's about as close as they will get.

good times

Welcome aboard, and "fasten your seatbelt." It'll be a great ride this year. There's a lot of knowledgeable fans on this board so if you want the good stuff, tune in here. They're way ahead of the writers and talking heads on the national networks. I'll drink a pint to toast your coming aboard.

PS: FWIW, I'm not one of those super-knowledgeable Bills fans, just a lifelong fan. Go Bills.

Welcome aboard, and "fasten your seatbelt." It'll be a great ride this year. There's a lot of knowledgeable fans on this board so if you want the good stuff, tune in here. They're way ahead of the writers and talking heads on the national networks. I'll drink a pint to toast your coming aboard.

PS: FWIW, I'm not one of those super-knowledgeable Bills fans, just a lifelong fan. Go Bills.

Stay in Ireland for the beer. Come here for the Koolaide!

Hi All,

Hey - thanks for posting on the stadium wall!

A few of us are heading over to the UK for the Jags/Bills game - checking out Ireland for 6 days and London for 4 days. We've never been to Ireland and wanted to check it out. Have a few questions:

1) I know you've only been over there a few months but have you found a Bills backers bar in Dublin? We will be there a week before the Bills/Jags game in London and would love to watch with other Bills fans! Be even fun to meet another fellow Buffalonian across the pond!

2) Have you explored much of Ireland? We are renting a car and plan to go explore outside Dublin - our tentative plan is to head up to Westport, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Killarney, and then fly out of Cork to London. Are we taking on too much? Other areas worth exploring?

3) Any must see places in Dublin?

Any insight is appreciated.

thanks

Edited by buffalobillsfootball