Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, but there is a way to do it more effectively.

Do you know when you'll know that you asked the wrong question?

When your hamster's head is rolling down a flight of stairs. That's when.

some idiot was on WGR yesterday saying that McEichel isn't going to turn this around, and one guy can't do it all bla bla bla ...

Clearly he was an antitanker who was still pouting and trying to find a way ruin everyone's day.

Forever to be known as the "Len Bias" guy.

One thing you can say for him, it's quite a trick when you can make Shoop wear the optimist hat.

some idiot was on WGR yesterday saying that McEichel isn't going to turn this around, and one guy can't do it all bla bla bla ...

Clearly he was an antitanker who was still pouting and trying to find a way ruin everyone's day.

Nobody said they will. But with our prospects that we already have, plus Kane, it'll start the turn around.

Nobody said they will. But with our prospects that we already have, plus Kane, it'll start the turn around.

That and it never hurts to have someone who has the potential to be not only a superstar, but the best player in the entire league. We had it in net, but we've never had that with a skater. Perreault was close, but there was too much talent during those years, specifically an in his prime Bobby Orr.

That and it never hurts to have someone who has the potential to be not only a superstar, but the best player in the entire league. We had it in net, but we've never had that with a skater. Perreault was close, but there was too much talent during those years, specifically an in his prime Bobby Orr.

Exactly, even in '99 it was Hasek and a bunch of guys who could score the 1-2 goals a game needed. And the '07-'08 teams were just really good overall teams.

It's not just Kane or McEichel; it's a combination of factors that includes both a new coach and the very likely signing of another top-6 forward (i.e. Beleskey or Justin Williams).

With a top 3 lines consisting of a FA signing, McEichel, Kane, Moulson, Girgensons, Ennis, Foligno, Reinhart, and Gionta, plus a defensive unit of (at worst) Risto, Zadorov, Bogosian, Gorges, Pysyk, and McCabe, this team is looking upwards in a big way.

It's not just Kane or McEichel; it's a combination of factors that includes both a new coach and the very likely signing of another top-6 forward (i.e. Beleskey or Justin Williams).

With a top 3 lines consisting of a FA signing, McEichel, Kane, Moulson, Girgensons, Ennis, Foligno, Reinhart, and Gionta, plus a defensive unit of (at worst) Risto, Zadorov, Bogosian, Gorges, Pysyk, and McCabe, this team is looking upwards in a big way.

And I don't think anybody has ever said we're gonna be instant cup contenders in '15-'16. It'll be another year or two before we're sure bets for the playoffs. This rebuild is for the long term.

I think a lot of people are completely forgetting about Sam Reinhart, as well as overlooking the other young talent we have on this team (Grigorenko, Girgensons). We'll be adding way more than just "one guy" next year. The majority of the roster will be different than it was for that last game against the Penguins.

edit: Dang, gotta be quick around here! Bandit snuck that post in while I was making sure I had the names spelled right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

What, no Weber? :lol:

I think a lot of people are completely forgetting about Sam Reinhart, as well as overlooking the other young talent we have on this team (Grigorenko, Girgensons). We'll be adding way more than just "one guy" next year. The majority of the roster will be different than it was for that last game against the Penguins.

edit: Dang, gotta be quick around here! Bandit snuck that post in while I was making sure I had the names spelled right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Indeed...I mean, if we start talking about all the young potential in the system, we get to names like Grigorenko, Justin Bailey, Hudson Fasching, Connor Hurley, J.T. Compher, Nick Baptiste, and Vaclav Karabacek--that's a ton of 1st/2nd round talent.

What, no Weber? :lol:

Hah! You didn't see Hodgson on there either, did you?

Damn he was a wonderful player. Good size and all the talent in the world. Next to Joe Thornton maybe my favorite NHL'r ever.

Perrault was great. I loved him.............But, am I the only one who thought he could have been even greater. I think he had the most talent in the league at center, but I don't think he ever made first team all star.

Maybe as a kid, I was looking for more goals from him.

But, I think he could have been in the Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux etc. category.

I know he smoked cigarettes (as did Lafleur and others) between periods, etc. And, not sure what else he could have done. But, I always felt he was going to burst onto that top level, but he never did.

And, he got them all spelled right - impressive!

As entertaining as this season was, rooting for the #1 pick and overall future of the team...damn I miss playoff hockey. Next to football playoffs, there's nothing better. I can sit and watch the entire game with 2 teams i couldn't care less about and still be entertained. It's just a totally different game and feel in the playoffs and I really miss it. I would be so jacked up right now if the Sabres began their Stanley Cup quest tonight, but hopefully soon....At least Saturday will be exciting...