Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

As entertaining as this season was, rooting for the #1 pick and overall future of the team...damn I miss playoff hockey. Next to football playoffs, there's nothing better. I can sit and watch the entire game with 2 teams i couldn't care less about and still be entertained. It's just a totally different game and feel in the playoffs and I really miss it. I would be so jacked up right now if the Sabres began their Stanley Cup quest tonight, but hopefully soon....At least Saturday will be exciting...

Saturday doesn't feel all that exciting to me. We don't know what we're getting, but we have one hell of a security blanket. The excitement/stress level has to be through the roof for a Coyote fan (yes, they do exist). A 2/3rds chance of having to settle for Hanifin? It has to be a roller coaster of emotion for those people.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday doesn't feel all that exciting to me. We don't know what we're getting, but we have one hell of a security blanket. The excitement/stress level has to be through the roof for a Coyote fan (yes, they do exist). A 2/3rds chance of having to settle for Hanifin? It has to be a roller coaster of emotion for those people.

Those five guys are on the edge of their seats.

Although I think I read somewhere that Alice Cooper is a coyotes fan.

Damn he was a wonderful player. Good size and all the talent in the world. Next to Joe Thornton maybe my favorite NHL'r ever.

I know we are supposed to hate Toronto but my favorite player was Wendel Clark. I didn't know who he was at the time but they were playing St Louis in the playoffs back in the late 80s and I was rooting for the blues because they are American but I was so impressed with Clark I switched to rooting for Toronto half way through the series. The way he could score, check and fight was second to none and to me was the all around best player.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I know we are supposed to hate Toronto but my favorite player was Wendel Clark. I didn't know who he was at the time but they were playing St Louis in the playoffs back in the late 80s and I was rooting for the blues because they are American but I was so impressed with Clark I switched to rooting for Toronto half way through the series. The way he could score, check and fight was second to none and to me was the all around best player.

That and he was always rocking the stache. He was no Lanny McDonald, but still respectable.

His teammate Doug Gilmour was pretty damn good too and a complete player. I was rooting for those Leafs teams as well in 93' and 94'. Back then Toronto was in the West so there really wasn't much reason to hate the despicable Leafs.

Edited by Jauronimo

I'm excited but not stressed; this is the culmination of two years of suckitude and the birth of a new era. I'm excited even if we don't win the lottery; it will finally end all speculation and GMTM will know exactly around whom this team will be built.

If you think that he doesn't understand you owe it to him to offer up some advice to help him out.

Initially I thought he didn't know the mathematical odds of getting the 2nd pick. That's easy enough to explain.

Now that I look back, it's obvious he thinks it won't work out simply because we're Buffalo. Trying to explain to someone that there isn't a supernatural force, curse, or hex keeping the team down is a bit too much heavy lifting for me.

That and he was always rocking the stache. He was no Lanny McDonald, but still respectable.

if I recall, he had a fu-man-chu that went all the way down his neck and had one red rat tale and one blue one. At least that's what come to mind maybe it was a pro wrestler that's blurring my memory :D .

At the time though, the Leafs and Sabres were pretty isolated in the Adams/Norris Divisions. I know a lot of people who pulled for the Leafs back then.