Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet all 3 are still better places to play hockey than Phoenix.

Are they?

I hate the desert, and would never live in AZ, but LOTS of people love it there. Are you so sure that for pro hockey players, devoted fanbases are more important than living conditions? I'm not, and a friend of mine that worked for the Sabres for years, and is a close friend to many former players, made it clear to me that it's just a job to them.

Edmonton is going to have to deal a forward for some defense. How would you feel about a Nakita Zadorov for Jordan Eberle swap?

I wouldn't do it straight up. Sweeten the pot a little bit for the return to Buffalo and maybe.

The thing that kills me is the idea that somehow we "lost" by not winning the lottery. I'm happy as hell we are ending up with Eichel. I think it would've been a nice bonus to get McDavid but it's not going to damper my optimism for rebuilding this franchise.

Admittedly, I don't follow college hockey at all. Why are people saying that Eichel played against scrubs in the NCAA? Is there any truth to that? I find it hard to believe that NHL talent scouts wouldn't take that into account, so whats the counter to that?

C'mon man. Everybody knows McDavid was the top prize.

"6.5%"...really, you have put a number on it?

If we didn't have last place, we likely wouldn't have Eichel or McDavid.

who would you trade for McDavid?

I'm thinking Girgensons, Ennis, Grigorenko, Meszaros

I don't think there is any way EDM is dealing McDavid. They've already taken too much heat for Number 1 overall picks that have underperformed.

They desperately needed a home run and tonight they got one.

I don't think there is any way EDM is dealing McDavid. They've already taken too much heat for Number 1 overall picks that have underperformed.

They desperately needed a home run and tonight they got one.

maybe, those guys are the old Sabres.

Do they have anyone that would make us better that we could trade for?

Admittedly, I don't follow college hockey at all. Why are people saying that Eichel played against scrubs in the NCAA? Is there any truth to that? I find it hard to believe that NHL talent scouts wouldn't take that into account, so whats the counter to that?

If we didn't have last place, we likely wouldn't have Eichel or McDavid.

I know, thanks.

McDavid was the preferred player...just letting you know.

Should they tank again this next season while Eichel gains experience? It's probably the right thing to do. I mean, they aren't going to win the cup next year, so they may as well finish last.

Yes.

No.

Should they tank again this next season while Eichel gains experience? It's probably the right thing to do. I mean, they aren't going to win the cup next year, so they may as well finish last.

no it is a proven fact that last place never wins the lottery so coming in 28/30th should be ideal

which gives us room for improvement and there in no McEichel to play for so now it's full steam ahead.

There is some bad blood between mcdavid and edmonton ownership. He definitely is very unhappy with this result.

how can that be, he hasn't even been there yet?

(maybe we can still get both, like we got Cornelius Bennett and Shane Conlan. Maybe he holds out and they ultimately trade him to us, of course)

I know, thanks.

McDavid was the preferred player...just letting you know.

No.

No problem. You just seem to be confused. The whole reason people wanted them to tank and get last place was because it guarenteed us one of the two. It was always a long shot that we would get McDavid, and people wouldn't be as invested in tanking if it was solely McDavid and the 20% shot. You don't tank for a 20% shot. You tank for the 100% shot at getting 1 of 2 supposed generational talents.

Otherwise we end up like the Arizona Coyotes. Which do you think is better for the franchise?

As a side note I am not even pro tanking, and even I see the sense in this one. I absolutely despise week 10 in football when people start complaining when the players celebrate winning games and we are 3-6. It ain't over til its over.

But this? The GM is in full rebuild mode (which is a legitimate strategy) and the players were still trying. They just aren't very good.

Edited by What a Tuel