Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 97 of this thread....enough said. Keep telling yourselves that things worked out, but McDavid is 2X the player that Eichel is. Time will tell.

what didn't work out? The lottery? No one had control over that to begin with. Any rational person knows things worked out the day they clinched 30th. Don't be conditioned to be miserable. The Sabres are getting a top Center who is one of the best prospects in a very long time. It's ok to be excited.

I saw you change from 5x to 2x too. Smooth. The fact is there are two phenomenal players available and that is the whole reason for the tank. There was no way to tank for just one player the way the lottery is set up. Anyone who continues to think there was one prize that was a 20 percent chance that all these teams were chasing don't understand the two players at hand, or the lottery.

Edited by YoloinOhio

what didn't work out? The lottery? No one had control over that to begin with. Any rational person knows things worked out the day they clinched 30th. Don't be conditioned to be miserable. The Sabres are getting a top Center who is one of the best prospects in a very long time. It's ok to be excited.

I saw you change from 5x to 2x too. Smooth. The fact is there are two phenomenal players available and that is the whole reason for the tank. There was no way to tank for just one player the way the lottery is set up. Anyone who continues to think there was one prize that was a 20 percent chance that all these teams were chasing don't understand the two players at hand, or the lottery.

Agreed. Maple Leaf fans should be the ones that are devastated. Their team decided way too late in the process to tank to get the best chance they could at McDavid. Over the last half of the season they were the worst team in the league and their fans suffered through awful hockey.

Before the last ball came up they had the best shot at McDavid, but in the end they got nothing for their tank efforts.

The Sabres played it just right.

I haven't seen the draft... They use "Lotto Balls" right... w/team logos on it? That has to be the most random way to pick... With air pushing them around. Maybe the weight of the painted Oilers logo is doing something? ;-)

LoL

How is it actually picked, do they pick like I said above.

How else can you explain it? They had like an 11% chance to win... The Sabres 20% chance. The Oil is sure nailing it!

I haven't seen the draft... They use "Lotto Balls" right... w/team logos on it? That has to be the most random way to pick... With air pushing them around. Maybe the weight of the painted Oilers logo is doing something? ;-)

LoL

How is it actually picked, do they pick like I said above.

How else can you explain it? They had like an 11% chance to win... The Sabres 20% chance. The Oil is sure nailing it!

Just like a regular lottery. Random number combinations are assigned to different teams.

I am cool with it because it was a total off ice gutting of the team. Like bulldozing a house. That is what The Tank refers to IMO.

Somebody show me where they actually cheated and lost games on purpose. Somebody show me where they cheated like the Pats* did.

It isn't like they were loaded and able to win... It is pefectly fine for a GM to gut a team of winning talent in order to think of the long term.

The Lindy/Darcy years dragged on for well over 2 decades. There is no other way to purge the system head to toe.

Again... They were 1-1-2 against the Bruins... Did they just play hard against them. Where did they tank on ice. Please be game specific.

EDIT: The last CHI game? LoL... They just got hit with a steamroller called: "The Toews."

I'll admit the tank was taking advantage of the rules. Something many teams, not just the Sabres have done. However, it was within the rules, as opposed to the Patriots*, who did things outside of the rules to take advantage. I don't think anybody is even saying the Patriots* are not a good team. And nobody is even saying that they would have otherwise lost that specific game, or that it gave them a huge advantage, at least in the game they were caught in.

But to say that cheating is not as dishonorable as using the rules to do something that plenty of other teams have done in sports, Colts, Penguins, 76ers, is trolling in it's worst form.

I'll admit the tank was taking advantage of the rules. Something many teams, not just the Sabres have done. However, it was within the rules, as opposed to the Patriots*, who did things outside of the rules to take advantage. I don't think anybody is even saying the Patriots* are not a good team. And nobody is even saying that they would have otherwise lost that specific game, or that it gave them a huge advantage, at least in the game they were caught in.

But to say that cheating is not as dishonorable as using the rules to do something that plenty of other teams have done in sports, Colts, Penguins, 76ers, is trolling in it's worst form.

How is dismantling a team "taking advantage of the rules?" Why is gutting a team to build a new one bad? Why does an owner/GM have to work with the last 20 years culture/system/and talent pipeline. Why can't a team build new.

Where did they "tank" on ice and cheat like the Pats* did?

You wanna tear your house down and sleep in the rain while the new one is being built... That's your choice.